Bolivia vs Paraguay

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Jun 5, 2012.

1. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    3 - 1. VAMOS BOLIVIA!

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-1..shitty win but a win nonetheless...lucky goal by pena and two golazos by escobar..Still think escobar shouldnt play ever again and i cant help but notice the subpar team we put on the field and how we won..Alcides M3 should def start again

3. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Well, Im happy Escobar played. Great goals! VAMOS BOLIVIA CARAJO!

4. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm as upset as you were when i saw him miss the pk, M3 should've taken that one!

But from what i was hearing from the chilean announcers, they were praising Mojica's play and even had him as man of the match until he missed the pk, which darkened his good play until that point.
    I do believe Mojica was playing well. The pk did not belong to him is all I'm saying.
    Escobar came through like we needed someone to come through. PUT IT IN THE BACK OF THE NET.
    Pena I think has earned his starting spot. Chuma runs like a demand from hell. Little blonde demand. Mojica played well, the chilean announcers had nothing but praises for his sacrifice, collaboration and offensive play. Martins had a good game, just needs some more balls fed to him. I thought our defense would be horrible, but they were descent, not as bad as i thought anyway.
    But we have a lot of ground to make up. Only way to do it is to start winning away. Mission impossible for us, I know.

5. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Mojica may be great for the local league, but he proved the world he is WAY out of his league for the national team...and that says a lot, considering that the entire team is subpar compared to other national teams in south America.

6. Marco1869

Marco1869 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Houston
    Finally a well deserved win for Bolivia

7. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Shitty win?? what were you expecting a 7-0? It was a great win. I don't understan why you say Escobar shouldn't play again, makes no sense.

I was a Mojica hater before this game, but he did play pretty good (except for the penalty kick) good passes, nice combination with Chuma. And Chuma don't even get me started, runs like hell, recovers balls, opens spaces, almost every single pass from him is with good vision.

I was also surprised at the defense. Except for Vargas, everyone else was playing for the first time and did a great job

sergtp repped this.
  8. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I agree Latin Pride. Your new coach stinks bad until now at least! You go from being one of the best teams in the world to get beat bad AFTER your guys spent like 3 weeks adapting to high altitude. Colombia and Chile beat us with much less adaptation than that. Your players demonstrated quality but your coach got outcoached by Quinteros which is PLAIN SAD! Sorry! Good luck in the remainder. I really hope Paraguay qualifies again as I want to see the next Larissa Riquelme!

Latin Pride repped this.
  9. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Chuma reminds me so much of Cristaldo in so many wayys! Short, blond, melena, fast, is EVERYWHERE, etc etc etc!

sergtp repped this.
  10. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand it was a good win and props for escobar sor stepping up but the quality of the game for both teams was so poor. It was devastating to watch professionals play in such a manner...I just think that if we showcase a team like that in an away game and play like that then the outcome will be much different..escobar didnt show much other than the goals he scored

11. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    which is exactly what we need!

dreyx2000 repped this.
  12. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    this!

13. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dindt see the game , am glad to see we won, and whats best we had a good amount of up and coming talent. These kids need to get used to playing together and winning, am talking about Valverde, Chuma, Cardozo(subed inn), and Pena. Escobar is clutch, he disapointed against Chile, but he made up this time. Am not a big fan of Mojica, Moreno should have taken the penalty, but Mojica did have a decent game from what i heard. In goal ill be happy when Arias is back.

sergtp repped this.
  14. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I got curious. Now that Chuma, Valverde, Pena got their shot, I would like to see if Quinteros will have the intellegence and balls to work in Samuel Galindo into our little squad. I'm also a big fan Alejandro Melean's defensive midwork, he's very effective with Oriente(except for this last season when he was injured). Melean was called up for the venezuela match already so I would like to see him get his shot, could fill in for Flores, if ever flores is unavailable.
    I would just like to see these 2 players worked in, for the benefit of our squad. We could use all the youth and talent that we have.

15. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Couldnt watch.... wish I did though!

I say throw in Melean! Alcides should start also.

Anyone have link to highlights?

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nevermind, found it!

17. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    As I saw it;

Galarza; 6 mainly watched the game, he did however have one crazy play when he came out and was almost caught out of place which could of cost us a goal when it was 1-0, but he did have a good save in the second half after we scored our second goal which could of changed the game if paraguay would of scored.

Vargas; 5 slow with the ball he tried to come out and from the back playing but had no speed and his cuts were either to slow or to obvious and got stuck. He did however worked well in his function of not allowing paraguay to cross from his side.

Jimenez; 5 didn't suck in his debut I like his size and his skills in the air. He wasn't too slow but he wasn't really tested by paraguay.

Valverde; 6 he was iffy at times but his experiance in the libertadores was shown with his calm way of playing after winning the ball.

Barba; 5 he was also slow with the ball but for his first game with the NT he wasn't bad he played his part in breaking up the crosses, and marking his man.

Flores; 6 he got a yellow, he did play as he usally does; fouling and breaking up plays. His experience as captin showed a couple of times but that was uallay when arguing with the refs.

Mojica; 7 he missed the PK and on the other hand he did have the pass to escobar for the second goal. his pass accuraancy was maybe 65% I would of rather had Cardozo or Loayza or Samuel Galindo. I felt bad he was booed off the field after the missed PK

Chuma; 8 he was all over paraguay he ran up and down that field and he was very effective in not allowing Paraguay's midfield in settling in and dominating. He ran the whole 93 min at the same pace and intenstity.

Escobar; 9 he scored two goals, one was a goalazo. he was lost most of the first half and he didn't really play much with M3 or Pena but he did score which was the difference in the match and the Qualifiers.

M3; 8 the team had a diffrent tone from the beging, he pressured the Paraguayn defense. And he wasn't bodied off the ball, when he trapped (unlike Pederial) the ball. He should of kicked the PK.

Pena; 8 he scored the first goal with a lucky rebound, and his speed with the ball cutting across the field was effective.

Chavez; 4 came in for Mojica, this is the guy Melean needs to beat to be on the NT, its a Quinteros automatic sub I called this move after the first half. I have seen him play for Blooming his good but slow, I don't see why Quinteros insist with him.

Andarveris; 4 Chuma gave him a good ball he had a good chance but he got beat to the ball by the Paraguayan goalie

Cardozo; 5 he tried to juke, and didn't get him anywhere but you can see his quality with the ball.

Quinteros; 6 His hands were tied with the defense, I do think Paraguay lost this game they played with 5 midfileders and only one guy up top, but Bolivia did take advantage and Bolivia did run more then Paraguay throughout the entire game; but 1-1-15 speaks for it self.

Eber1990 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good review man! Thanks! I feel as if I watched the game.

19. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    - Escobar did great, not gonna lie... I give him a 10. But considering we're realistically out for the race to Brazil unless a miracle happens (which we been waiting for the past 20 years, so dont hold you're breath). He's 33... and at this point I rather have someone younger in his place to get some experience and maybe, MAYBE do something in the future. Same goes for Flores, Andaveris and others.
    - On another note, Valverde should get more time in the NT, at least as a sub, I think Chuma has the starting spot in the bag from now on..I rather have Cardozo over Mojica or even Campos...M3 and Peña should be the there as well, and Pedriel going in a sub later on. For keeper I dont wanna see Vaca ever again, or even Galarza... If not Arias, Lampe should have the starting spot (we really have nothing else)
    - And I second the motion to work in Galindo (obviously my number one choice over Escobar), and give Malean a chance (I think he could be the ideal partner for Chuma)

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  20. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That pass from Martins to Escobar for his 2nd goal was great.good quick decision making on his part and Escobar nailed it.

sergtp and dreyx2000 repped this.
  21. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would also like to see Samuel Galindo in the Nats, but i have not seen or heard from him, so how can we bring him when( to my knoledge anyway) he is not getting playing time? He needs to earn it. If anyone has recent video of him I would love to see how he is coming along.

22. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I understand what you're saying, but there still are chances. We're still far from over and if we were able to tie against Argentina and almost win, we could do the same with other teams. So as long as there are chances we have to play our current best team and that includes Escobar.

I also want to see Melean as a sub for Florez or Chuma no more Chavez I don't understand that. Also about Vaca, he is usually a pretty good keeper, did really well in El Tigre against Santos and Aurich and is the best keeper el tigre had since Galarza pretty much. He did really really bad against Chile I know, but he can do def much better than that.

23. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Galindo was playing regularly with gimnástic this past season but his team finished second to last so they descended. Im curious about where he could be loaned to this season.
    If Bolívar moved their cards they could actually attempt to get him on loan from Arsenal.

24. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    - We had chances in the past 4 qualifiers as well and we never got more than 18 points! We have 10 games left, 5 at home and 5 away. If we win all home games we end up with 19 points (15 of the coming games plus our current 4). And so far we won 1/3, so you see how thing don't look good?

- That means that of the 5 away games we have to do one of following to qualify: (to my understanding 24-25 points should do it for the 5th spot in this qualifiers.)

1. Win at least 2 games to end with 25 points or more (19 +6)
    2. Win 1 and tie at least 2 to end with 24 points or more (19+5)
    3. Tie all 5 away games to end up with 24 points (19+5)

[In blue rivals for 4th and 5th spot]

Home Games: Peru, Uruguay, Argentina, Venezuela, and Ecuador (We need to win all these, which I doubt.)

Away Games: Ecuador, Colombia, Chile, Paraguay and Peru (The last two I believe would be the most accessible, Paraguay b/c if they keep this coach they're done. and Peru cuz thats the last game of the qualifiers and they'll be out way before then.)

- Dont forget the most important factor, each of these teams is better than ours. I too believe that if Quinteros has done anything right, is how to play away, but I doubt it'll be enough.

So, in conclusion bring in the young guns, and give them a chance! who knows, they could surprise us.

25. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Qualifiers just started and we're already doing mathematical gymastics?

Not good.

I blame Joselito Vaca and the illuminati.

dreyx2000 and atsegnorts repped this.