Bolivia vs. Colombia

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by dale_wilster, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i wholeheartedly agree with the strongista.
    Lorgio and Gutierrez (Laterales) needed to come up in this game.they were vital to our victory. they fell flat.no help to both Ronalds at all.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We would have to do it like we did in the last qualifiers. Win BIG at home.... remember when we beat the at the time #1 Paraguay? Yea they scored twice.... but we won 4-2. Yea Argentina tied us 1-1, but the game ended 6-1. And then we blew the doors off peru 3-0.

The key is to win big at home. So what if we have crap defense? Its to use our best players... and find the winning combo. That is Galindo and playing with our best forwards ALL GAMES!

3. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    LOL really? Our backline is pathetic and has been for a decade. You think winning big at home is going to change that? I want to see Chuma, Galindo, Alcides, and other youngsters integrated into the team as well but they're not going to mask the amateurish defense we have.

The key is to have a solid D and either win out at home (no one does that) or steal points away.

You wanna take a guess at who has the worst defense and the worst record away from home?

PS - Look at the bright side gentlemen, no Joselito Vaca, and we'll probably get some golden quotes from Baldi

4. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ:eek:!!!

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am trying to be a realist here. lol We will never have solid defense, we have to focus on offense.

I am not ready yet to throw in the towel, it is still the second game.... but what a way to start huh????

I am hoping we at least can find a consistent scorer for our NT like Botero was....

6. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.la-razon.com/version_ma.php?ArticleId=6624&EditionId=2682&ids=577
    Los rigores del enfado de la gente los sintió principalmente el técnico de la selección Gustavo Quinteros, porque no sólo los hinchas gritaron “¡fuera Quinteros!”, sino que corearon el apellido “¡Baldivieso, Baldivieso!”, en alusión al técnico de Aurora Julio César Baldivieso, reclamando a voz en cuello a los dirigentes de la Federación que le entreguen a él la dirección técnica del seleccionado

I told you man even in Bolivia they know it's time to give it up to the man that with his work has shut the mouths of his critics :D BALDIVIESO. BALDIVIES!!!!!

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Why say never? Have we completely given up on the choice of being a complete futbol team? Losing breeds apathy, scorn and ridicule. We've been down so long we can't even see the sun for the clouds.

It's obvious that we just can't compete at the highest levels not only in South America but I would venture to say CONCACAF too. We're at the point were some hard decisons need to be made in either going forward or remain the laughingstock of SA futbol. We all know the kind of runny shit the FBF is. The problem being that it's way down on the list of things that ails our country. All I know is that it's a fucking embarassment.

8. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Walter Flores, Lorgio Alvarez, Robles, etc, etc... los viejos de siempre, los fracasos de siempre. Nuestros CHUMACERO, NELVIN SOLIZ, RAMALLO + otros changos = Nueva selección desde ahora para Mundial 2018

9. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21QoCWFOraI"]Bolivia vs Colombia - Eliminatorias Mundial 2014 - Mejores Jugadas - YouTube[/ame]

found this highlight vid.

what do you guys think of that call?

10. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    that actually reminds me A LOT of what we used to say about 2010 quals......

11. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
  12. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Can I get ur guess on tonights Lotto numbers Nilo???:p

13. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah i think Perea fell way too easily on that one. i can't find the highlight where Arce missed a good opportunity.

either way we played bad and colombia played a smarter game

14. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    STAY BACK and then just RUN b/c bolivians are slow aka Leonel's directions to the NT lol

15. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    HAHA! Uggh. i've never seen so many long balls from our team in one half.reminded me of scotland but it works for them a lot better.lol

Quinteros admitted himself its his fault.i thought we were going to play fast and on the ground.

16. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The one thing Quinteros has done these last two games is not start Vaca in the mid. Will his next move be to weed out Robles and Flores or any other old guy for Chuma and anyone esle that's younger?

I can guarantee that FBF will give him till the next set of games to correct and if he doesnt he'll be out and Sandy will be interim till the end of qualifiers.

What pressure is Quinteros under to keep these old players? I dont think there is any, and that's why people want Baldi. He doesnt listen to anyone but himself to get the results he wants out of his players, which included playing his son at the age of 14.

We thought Quinteros would be the same, but he's adhering to the same BS we dealt with Platini, that is making no changes when changes are needed. That isnt to say that Chuma or any other young guy is the answer, but until they're tried we'll never know.

As Chico said, we're the laughing stock of SA and probably couldnt compete in CONCACAF either. Just make the changes and if they dont work then people will realize that our players in general are just not good enough.

Comentaries I've heard were, why not play colombian players that play in Bolivia to have some competitive standard in the Altura. The short reply was "because Bolivias futbol is so low that those players would disrupt the flow of their international players" Sad but true.