Bolivia V. Honduras at RFK on 10/11/03

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Kromer523, Sep 11, 2003.

1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    got a date with a fish :rolleyes:

I guess I'll just have to see my boys next year in Bolivia for a WC Qualifier. :D

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ba da bump

3. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    I'll be there for Bolivia.
    Count one loco Scotia/Gringo.
    Oscar and Chico are my Barra brothers.
    VAMOS BOLIVIA!

I have a national team jersey that Oscar picked up for me last season.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thank him and then give him back that crap Oriente jersey. :D

5. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    I was wondering if anybody had a rough estimate of what the attendance will be...Im not sure if Im goin but if the stadium is over 35000 somehow, I'll probably go for the atmosphere alone...

6. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    This is still on... see the thread I just started here for additional details. --Owen

7. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I'm pretty sure that it will be more then 35k. As of right now, the sections that oscar reserved for us will be full of fans that know how to create a futbol atmosphere, and get the crowd pumping.

8. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    This totally pisses me off:

"While bolivian coach Nelson Acosta couldn't get Joaquín Botero(Pumas UNAM) and José Alfredo Castillo(Tecos UAG) for this match, Honduras and Bora Milutinovic will most likely be able to count on Danilo Turcios(Tecos UAG), Milton Nuñez(Necaxa) and Ninrod Medina(Zacatepec)."

Bolivias largest scoring threats will not be available for this game, but the Hondurans scoring threats will be. This totally blows.

9. Kromer523

Kromer523 New Member

Mar 13, 2002
    The Honduran side won't count on "The Big guns" for this match either. Two of the guys you mentioned are defenders (Turcios is a winger, usually plays opposite of Reyes). Nunez is out to prove that he can still cut it at this level....so watch out for him.

One thing Honduras falls back on is speed. Can the Bolivian defenders match stride for stride with a (usually) very fast attack?

10. LOCO4UNITED!!

LOCO4UNITED!! New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    Section #120.
    Please wear GREEN!

La Norte and La Barra Brava will join forces this Satuday. We urge you to please wear Green. All of us will get together in parking lot 8 at 3:30pm.

Aguante Bolivia!

Free saltenas for the first 300 people who join us in parking lot 8. Courtesy of Chico :)

11. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Bolivia has too many excellent midfielders, a few good quality forwards (Castillo, Botero and Mendez. 2 of them are not being let go by their Mexican clubs), but NO defense. Our goal keepers suck as well.

The BOlivian federation knew defence was the problem of the nats, for this reason, they hired Acosta as coach, a proven defensive coach. All his old teams countered excellent, however our only real extrem speed demon, Botero, will not be playing. That dude is imposible to catch.

While this is not the A team, it's pretty close to it. I'm happy it wont be the jr squad that was sent over to Columbia back in the last Copa America when about all the south american countries sent their Jr's fearing the worst by the Guirellas.

12. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    BALDIVESO IS OUT! ARGH!! He is our top attacking midfielder!

Theres other people to take his role, but he was the top gun.

13. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    I'm gettin' psyched for this match :). I'm rooting for my Barra brother's team Bolivia!! This is gonna rock!

Will there be a Barra keg? If so will it be rolling rock?

14. vlaruta

vlaruta New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Morgantown, WV
    BALDIVIESO OUT< ETCHEVERRY IN

Yeah! I thought it was a dream but we got some good news and some bad news.
    The bad one is that Baldi will be out , seems that he had some problems for getting in a fight with an underage fan. The Good news(AT LEAST FOR ME) is that "el diablo" is back!!!!!.
    I was dying to see Etch back with "la verde", I wish all the luck to him it would have been great to see Atch and Baldi together again in the midfield.
    I'll be there to see the Bolivian Victory, they better win, I am going to Washington DC just for that game.
    Anybody knows in which hotel is the is the Bolivian Team going to be? I'd like to go to get some pictures wth the guys.
    THANK YOU

"BO BO BO - LI LI LI - VIA VIA VIA
    VI VA BO LI VIA, TO DA LA VI DA CON SU LITORAL!

VIVA BOLIVIA C@R@JO!

15. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    I'm open for keg requests for tailgate. I haven't come across a Pacena keg at Total Bev.
    Since it's not United Rolling Rock's unbeaten home streak doesn't apply.
    I have my Bolivian jersey ready. Should be a great time. Shame we can't shoot rockets and light smoke bombs like I've seen them do in La Paz ...or can we ;)

16. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

I may just have to bring the fireworks on my brothers behalf! What do you say Chico? Can I borrow some bottle rockets??????

17. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I'll gladly pitch in for a Pacena Keg. Let me know how much they cost!

18. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    boliva continues its strong tradition to the US. Days after 9-11, the Bolivian govt. rounded up as many muslims it could and sent them back to their countries of origin.
    There are several tall buildings in La Paz.:)

19. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Not sure if Pacena is in kegs around here. I'll look around any other requests? Where are we all meeting to tailgate? I'm sure we have to roll early especailly if it's a nice day out.
    Maybe Oscar can help me find the right cerveza for the game. I'll give him a call.

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You gonna give 'em back when you're done? ;)

Hell yeah, there's a pack with your name on 'em. Make sure you point them AWAY from the drunks after the game. Enjoy everybody. Hope my cell gets reception on the Eastern Shore. I'll be calling you around 9:00 for details.

ps...keep McOwen away from the pyrotechnics or you might hear from his attorney. :D

21. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Good luck my brother on the fishing trip... take photos. I'm going out for rockfish on Sunday and Monday...not on Saturday ;). I must support Bolivia..hahaha. I'll have my cell phone on if you want an update. Watch out for the Salvo hole monster if you're floating around on your boogie board with a Pacena after the fishing trip.

(Ps) I'll try and supervise any rocketry. I was a demo Sgt in the Army. McOwen better wear his helmet.

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Diaz Arce ?

23. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Pacena in Kegs

FWIW: David just called from work and asked me to post this here.

He talked the head people in the kitchen of the building he works in...(some are Bolivian), they said it would probably be very difficult, if not impossible, to find Pacena in kegs. However they also said the best chance of finding one would be a Latin shop.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Please don't shoot the messenger's messenger... ;)

Vicky

24. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I dont think I'm going to the match anymore.

About 85% of the "A" team will not be playing.

After "The Strongest" eliminated "San Lorenzo" of Argentina from the SA cup, the president of "The Strongest" told players not to leave for Washington to join the National team. 3 National team starters right there, lost.

In addition, our midfield chief is not playing (Baldivieso), our top 3 forwards are being told not to play, San Jose (Bolivia) won't release 2 of their players, another couldn't get a VISA to come here, our euro players are not playing, and our most effective winger is just comming out of injury and nowhere near his normal speed (saw him play acouple days ago).

According to Acosta, who is also coaching the U23's, this game will serve more of a tune up for the U23 squad, since they will make up 85% of the team. He has also threaten'd to quit if something like this happens in the future.

My fellow Bolivians, this game is going to be a route, in favor of Honduras.

Chico, have an extra fishing pole?

25. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    And here lies exhibit 999999901 as to why Bolivia lost the Pacific to the theiving Chileans:)
    Have some pride for the love of god...get out there and support your team. Baldivieso is a drunk and a jack@$$ to begin with and he's old. We need new blood and stop depending on the 94 lineup.