Bolivia V. Honduras at RFK on 10/11/03

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Kromer523, Sep 11, 2003.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Dude, are you serious?

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Me rompe' el corazon :(

3. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
  4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    After P Diddy hit that thang? No thanks :D

What kills me is that I planned this fishing trip MONTHS ahead after carefully checking the schedule to make sure DC wasn't playing. The charter and the hotel are paid for and all the arrangements made. Then Radio Unica said the game would be the 12th. Great!! I could leave at the crack of dawn and still make it. But now they changed it back to the 11th. *#*#*#*#*#*#!! :mad:

This truly sucks.........

5. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US MNT vs ES on 17 Nov 2003?

A bit off thread, but has anyone else heard about a friendly between the US and El Salvador on 17 Nov 2003 in DC (RFK?)?

The following FIFA link has it listed, but I haven't heard anything about it:

http://www.fifa.com/en/news/fixtures/men,-1.html

Is this old news/cancelled game and they haven't updated their site or what?

6. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Re: US MNT vs ES on 17 Nov 2003?

That game took place a year ago.

7. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: US MNT vs ES on 17 Nov 2003?

I thought it was deja vu.

This is 2003, right? Maybe FIFA's on the Romulan calendar.

8. LOCO4UNITED!!

LOCO4UNITED!! New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    Section #120.
    Official list of players that will represent Bolivia.

Acosta announced the official list of players that will represent Bolivia in Washington DC:

Goal Keppers: José Fernández (Bolívar) y Leonardo Fernández (Oriente Petrolero).

Defenders:Luis Gatti Ribeiro (Bolívar), Juan Carlos Paz (The Strongest), Miguel Hoyos (Oriente Petrolero), Ronald Raldes (Oriente Petrolero), Oscar Sánchez (Bolívar), Juan Manuel Peña (Valladolid), Alvaro Ricaldi (Wilstermann) y Luis Cristaldo (The Strongest).

Midfielders: Richard Rojas (San José), Raúl Justiniano (Oriente Petrolero), Julio César Baldivieso (Aurora) y Limberg Gutiérrez (Bolívar).

Forwards: Limbert Méndez (The Strongest), José Alfredo Castillo (Tecos-México), Joaquín Botero (Pumas-México) y Roger Suárez (Oriente Petrolero).

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Carlos, Oscar, Chico, and whoever else plans to support the Bolivian National team, we need to communicate about putting together the show.

10. vlaruta

vlaruta New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Morgantown, WV
    Any information about tickets??

Hi, I live in West Virginia and I am looking for the tickets for that game.
    I need to plan my trip ahead, I also would like to know where are the bolivians going t get together and if there is any "barra" organized?
    Please let me know. I haven't seen Bolivia play in more than 2.5 years!!
    VAMOS BOLIVIA!!!!

pd. Botero and castillo may not come.

11. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Any word on how much tickets will be? I think I may be home that weekend and looking for things to do...

12. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Re: Any information about tickets??

You have 2 options. Sit with Barra Brava, or with La Norte.

We will promote these 2 sections strictly for the Bolivian fans very soon. From some of the BOlivian Dance groups, I have had alittle over 200 inquiries about the prices for tickets, which I dont even know. I will have more info by the end of the day.

I heard the coaches in Mexico are giving BOlivia a hard time about Castillo and Botero. Castillos goal last weekend didnt help his chances with getting let go for the national team either.

KNAVE or any other Moderator, feel free to put an "OT" next to the title of this thread.

13. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    How can I buy tickets? Ticketmaster still doesn't mention the game. I will be leaving for vacation very soon and get back to DC on the 11th. I freakin' want tix.

[Sorry, for all to endure this, but I need a way to track this thread from vacation and it would have been ponderous if I had just written 'bump']

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think Oscar said in the $25 range. It's killing me that I can't make this game, so you paisanos have a Paceña and a Salteña for me. My heart will be there.....

VIVA BOLIVIA :)

15. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Tickets are not for sale yet.

I called yesturday and was greeted by a woman that must be related to someone that works there, because her service stank. Just by her tone, there was no freaking way any respectable place would hire her. WAY TOO MUCH ATTITUDE.

The tickets are not for sale yet. I was told to call back sometime next week.

SOme one let me know if I'm calling the right people! Should DC United be the ones being contacted?

16. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    I just bought tickets!

Answered my own question:

I just bought tickets on Ticketmaster (ticketbastard) for the game.

Interesting info:

They are $20 and get this: GENERAL ADMISSION.
    All seats are $20 and general admission which just sounds like a fustercluck waiting to happen.

Ticketbastard charges a $4.65 "convenience fee" per ticket and then a $2.75 "order fee." Then they overcharge you 200% to ship it to your house. (I'm saving that money to have it held at willcall).

The game starts at 6pm.

17. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    NOOO!!!!
    I gotta catch the England-turkey match up, believe its around noon...gotta see those turks get it!

It'll be stinker if the bol-hon game is at the same time, but knowing Hispanic promoters...they'll do the dumb thing.

Moreno's shining moment with the national side came against colombia for the France qualifier, then there was nothing left after that.
    Costa won't call Etch, because he's builidng a new side, and they need all the experience they can get.

Thank Allah that Bolivia isn't playing El Salvador...it would have been ugly.

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I have a question.

Does General Admission mean we can sit anywhere? Currently, no one has the option to purchase tickets at a prefered section.

Somebody, please define general admission.

19. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Re: Any information about tickets??

Buy from La Norte or Barra Brava. DO NOT SIT ANYWHERE ELSE!

Unfortunately, Botero or Castillo will not be playing. They have been replaced by Vaca and some dude that plays in San Jose (Bolivian league). Our 2 most proven forwards will not be released by the mexican clubs.

This totally pisses me off.

20. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Yes. Sections designated as GA mean first come, first serve.

Sachin

21. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    OK....here's the latest. Oscar is trying to organize a Bolivian contingent or fans that want to sit with Bolivian fans. He is putting together an Email flyer which he will mail me a little later and I'll post it here. If you are serious about going call him at (703)249-8481. That's his home phone so please keep what time you're calling in mind. He has school aged kids so don't make it to late. His cell is (571)549-3819. He needs to get some kind of a head count because the tickets are not going thru DC United. To all my brothers.....Have a great time, and have a cerveza for me.

VAMOS BOLIVIA :)

Chico

22. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    BARRA BRAVA AND LA NORTE TO WORK TOGETHER!!

In addition, LA BARRA BRAVA AND LA NORTE will be SITTING TOGETHER!!

Carlos and Oscar have decided that together, their respective fanclubs can have more of an impact on the environment of the game.

23. Luis Chavez

Luis Chavez Red Card

Jul 11, 2001
    burke, va
    Hey what section are the tickets in for the Bolivia Match, Also Are we interested in the doing the whole works, Bombo, Toilet Paper, Confetti.
    How many from LA NORTE will be at the game.

24. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    An' just where the h#ll you going you lousy bolivian?!:) Gotta hot date with an exotic dancer or somethin'?

25. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Call Oscar

And yeah.....Give me the works :)