Bolivia V. Honduras at RFK on 10/11/03

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Kromer523, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Kromer523

Kromer523 New Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Just read the Honduran newspaper "La Prensa" that the Honduran Soccer Federation just confirmed a friendly against Bolivia on 10/11/03 at RFK. This would mark the debut of "Bora" as T.D. of the Catrachos.

2. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did they give any indication if tickets are available yet?

3. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    maybe it's just me but i would like to see etcheverry and moreno play one last time for bolivia.

4. sebakoole

sebakoole New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    maybe it's just me but i would like to see etcheverry play one last time for dc united.

5. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    What time is the game. I believe we have a huge away game at new england at 4 that day.

6. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Watching us thrash NE on the road then bouncing over to RFK for Bolivia-Honduras would be a pretty sweet day.

7. Kromer523

Kromer523 New Member

Mar 13, 2002
    I have no specific information other than the date of the game.

Can anyone confirm this from the Bolivian side?

8. oscarm

oscarm Member

Oct 31, 2000
    Fairfax, Va
    I haven't seen anything yet in the Bolivian papers online.

9. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

If this is true, I will be there will be there proudly wearing my Bolivian national jersey rasing a raucus!!!

10. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    wow!

Bolivia needs games. I wouldnt be suprised if this were true. Bolivia only played 2 games to prepare for the WC qualifications; both were with in a week and a half before their first game.

The national team just got a new coach about a month and a half ago, and he is trying to strengthen Bolivias greatest weakness... defense. Usually our offense is our defense.

Dont expect to see neither Diablo or Moreno on the field.

VAMOS BOLIVIANOS!!

11. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Moreno's injured anyway.

12. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia

:eek:

13. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    :) You beat me to it, Skip.

Should be a fun game to go to though.

14. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

I hope it happens! I'd love to have a chance to see Bolivia's National team play here. I wonder what the crowd turnout will be like? More Bolivians? More Hondurans?? Hmmmmm?????

Anyway, great opportunity to see a good match!

15. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While Colombia played in the Confederations Cup and Gold Cup

You sure you want more friendlies?

16. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    I would guess it would be more Hondurans. I think Central Americans all cheer for eachother usually. If I go to the game I'll definately be cheering for Bolivia.

17. Kromer523

Kromer523 New Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Why does it always have to be a Central American v. South American thing? The gripe about many (if not most) Central Americans is that many (again, if not most) South Americans look down on Central American soccer. IMHO only 3 countries in South America can make such a claim.....Argentina, Brazil and perhaps Uruguay. The rest of the countries in LATIN AMERICA are fair game!! In fact, Honduras and Costa Rica are ranked (by FIFA) better than most South American teams!! Certainly higher than Bolivia and Peru, who usually are the "talkers" in South America.

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Free beer to whoever cheers for BOlivia!!

The Washington Metro Politan area has an esimated 120,000 Bolivians.....Not including illegal immigrants. Im sure the south american crowd will be louder even if we are slightly outnumbered. Many Bolivians are dieing to see the midfield chief of WC 94 - now in action, Julio Cesar Baldivieso.

19. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    That and the people of BOlivia don't like him... Too lazy.

20. Kromer523

Kromer523 New Member

Mar 13, 2002
    I doubt that very seriously!!!

21. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Central AMerican style of cheering: Sporadic cheers at a good play, or a goal. Rest of the game is pretty silent

South American Style of cheering: Songs and chants through out entire game. We even have songs if we lose : ( The salvadoreans couldnt stand our singing when we used to play them in the past.

I attended the Honduras vs USA game and have kept up with their soccer during the 02 qualifications. Honduras has a great team and will hopefully make the world cup. The fans of Honduras have plenty to cheer about with their current team..

All the games I have attended involving a central american team never included a barra for singing. The only barras or large group of men I saw were dudes looking to fight.

22. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I hope we see some of those Bolivians in La Norte this weekend.

Sachin

23. Kromer523

Kromer523 New Member

Mar 13, 2002
    GREAT ATTITUDE! IF ONLY YOUR COMPATRIOTS SHARED THE SAME KNOWLEDGE AND VIEWS!!!

24. Luis Chavez

Luis Chavez Red Card

Jul 11, 2001
    burke, va
    Hey are thier any Old Nortenos that will be attending this game, It would be nice to get a section behind the goal and start a Barra for that game. Anyone interested

25. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    "Talkers?" What exactly do you mean by that?
    Whatever.....

I was talking to my Honduran friends today, and the one thing we both agreed on is that the food at the pregame tailgate is going to be awesome. :)