Boca vs. Velez

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by leomessi1919, Oct 4, 2009.

1. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Velez got the early lead through Caruso with a header from a cross that came in from our left. Roman had a good shot but Montoya made a decent save. over all, roman has really been involved, but of course we are still trailing.

watch it live on the boca website:
    http://www.bocajuniors.com.ar/canal-boca

2. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    roman with a penalty appeal with otamendi coming at him from behind. monzon looking really good in attack, blazed a shot just over

3. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    battaglia sees his shot saved by montoya, then scores a diving header from insuas corner! goool

4. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Román!

5. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que golazo de roman!!!

6. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    nice save pato from zapatas free kick, although it was quite a long way out

7. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Martiiin!!!!!!! Golzazo! CABEZAZO!
    Montoya's clearence goes right to palermo who scores a header from over 40 yards!

8. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Este hdp cuando quiere jugar ... no hay =.

9. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a crazy game. Roman and Palermo what golazos for the two today!

10. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    to anyone who missed it:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgSPA2CmFvw"]YouTube - Martin Palermo, Gol de cabeza desde 40 Mts Aprox.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YmTV-601i0"]YouTube - Golazo de Riquelme Boca 3 Velez 2[/ame]

11. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Great goals today, but my highlite was that pass from Roman in between traffic, thru the legs of Otamendi, cutting deep for Pocho who arrived a bit too late and with little angle, Montoya blocking him.

Damn ... that was a surgeon's pass! :eek:

12. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea that was great. i also loved romans long run that started in his own half towards the end...didn't even come to a chance, but was a run! that and the embrace between roman and palermo at the end was great. really fantastic game all around

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One thing I noticed during the half he played before this latest injury was that he had a fire in his belly. I was pleased to see that in him today. Even when he was with his hands on his hips he stilled dug deep and kept going.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Awesome match. Riquelme was awesome, and what can we say about Palermo? A header from almost midfield? Another one to feed the legend.

The defense still sucks, but finally we have something to smile about.

VAMOS BOCA!!!

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have high hopes for Gary Medel as I think he is a good young player however with his being out the team seemed to play better. He just isn't someone that you want playing as a wide midfielder but maybe in a 4222 can he and Seba give some support to an awful defense. For as bad as the defense has been I still like what I've seen from Paletta.

16. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    im glad to see Boca's players gelling together for this one . insane gol by Palermo , Riquelme firing a rocket as well... this game was close though , our deffense needs to shut down the attack more effectively . very emotional game for those who watched it ! Payback for La Sud... :)

17. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think the sentiment is pretty even across the board with regards to what is a very underachieving defense. I felt for sure that with the experience we have in the back that we would not worry about the back line. Age is definitely catching up with El Negro Ibarra, Monzon is still learning (what a mistake his leaving too young was), Morel just can't find consistent fitness or form and Caceres has his head up his ass. As I said Paletta seems to have done well. Is this my imagination or do you guys see him playing well?

With regards to the midfield, yesterday was definitely the best I've seen them play as a unit since the matches in Europe this preseason. With Medel out it seemed more balanced, perhaps if Seba moves on which I'm sure he will then Medel can move into his more natural position. I like the options having El Pocho and Roman on the pitch together brings. I also liked what I saw out of Gaitan yesterday as well. He does need to work on his crossing, but he did bring more width to the side.

18. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the back line or deffense is a team effort , we all know this . it doesnt matter if Paletta is an Oak tree, he and Caceres must work together to be effective . In fact Caceres was actually playing better than Paletta a few months before the injury , so he has the ability but for some reason his head is up his arse like you mention... i still think it has to do with the teams cohesion , maybe a few more wins and shut outs will help regain lost confidence in the deffense of this im sure...

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree. What puzzles me about Paletta and Caceres is that it seems like both players are very good individually but sometimes they don't seem to work together well. For example, they both are good at the air game, but sometimes they leave somebody wide open and we pay for it. It's a case where the whole is less than the sum of the parts. When you combine that with the fact that Ibarra, Morel and Monzon have all been vulnerable on the flanks, we have serious defensive problems that can be exploited.

Hopefully with good coaching and practice and gaining confidence we'll find the cohesion that is needed.

20. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_vB_wdE3QM"]YouTube - Boca Juniors - Velez Sarsfield, 4.10.2009 final seconds[/ame]

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just get the impression that Paletta and Caceres are cut from the same mold so they essentially nullify each other. With Morel inside and in form or before we let Forlin go, those guys compliment what Gabriel and Caceres bring. I like what I'm starting to see offensively from the midfield and Palermo b/w Club and Country seems to be finding his confidence so if we can stabilize this defense then we have something to build on going to the next torneo.

22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. benos

benos Member

Nov 28, 2007
    how Did you rate Gaston Sauro in this match? you think that he having enough potential to be starts this year?