Boca v. Olimpo March 30th [R]

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, Mar 30, 2008.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Boca hopes to continue their run of victories alive against Olimpo, a team they've never lost to.

Palermo, Ibarra and a few other players will be rested.

Starting Lineup:
    Caranta; Maidana, Caceres, Morel, Monzon; Cardozo, Vargas, Datolo; Gracian; Palacio and Boselli

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought Battaglia would definitely be rested, and some others, after their effort last Thursday.

Can't believe they showed the gayinas on FOX again.

Arsenal-River es el clasico del Domingo?

Y que ojete tuvo River, terminaron arrinconados en el area, pidiendo la hora. Carrizo los volvio a salvar.

VAMOS BOCA A GANAR!!!

3. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
  4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks for the link. I got in just in time to watch the goal. Gracian again!

Boca 1 Olimpo 0

5. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    he's been doing incredible. It's made Riquelme's injury not hurt as much. VAMOS BOCA

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gracian is finally becoming the player I thought he could be at Boca.

7. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    ya def. Same goes for Datolo as well. Even Cardozo had a great game the other day

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And Vargas as well. The team is coming together nicely. I also love the kid Monzon.

9. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    ya Vargas is playing very well, but I always liked him and thought he could play at the level he's playing at now. The problem for him was just avoiding those cards. and ya Monzon is going to be a very good player.

I think he should be in the starting defensewith Morel moving to the middle with Caceres and Paletta on the bench

10. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    1-0 @ halftime

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, they could platoon, play Paletta against taller forwards and Caceres most of the time, next to Morel, and Ibarra and Monzon as fullbacks. And Maidana as a reliable sub.

12. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    unlike last semester we actually have some depth in defense now

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow! Did you see that play that hit both posts? Unbelievable.

14. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    ya i barely saw it. The internet connection is acting up :(

Palacio and then boselli :eek:

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I lost my connection so I didn't see it. But Olimpo tied it.

I can't believe it, after all the goals that we lost. Is their goalie good or did he have the game of his life?

16. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    its jose ramirez he had to have the game of his life. either that or bocas punteria was way off

17. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    What a bullshit game. Boca was playing great, the entire team was clicking. Gracian was excellent, Vargas was excellent, Palacio was terrorizing the defense once again, the entire defense was awesome. We were unlucky once again to score. Palacio and Boselli hit the post and the keeper made some good saves on Vargas an Boselli. Then for some reason Ischia takes off Gracian who was one of out best attacking players and about a minute later they tie it up. After that they got momentum, we started to lose the midfield battle, and that was that. I'm pissed since the team was looking really good.

18. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    2 points dropped. not good at all, we need to win these type of games

19. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Ischia tried to "close the game" too early. The sub had to be Tata for Vargas, to replace tired legs. :mad:

One serious note ... Caranta needs to stay an extra hour in every training session to learn how to come off his line and cut crosses. A long lob as yesterday's, needs the goalie to be alert and to go AGGRESSIVELY towards the ball. If not hold it, to punch it. Caranta always gets stuck underneath the posts ... Lujambio could had never won that ball had Caranta gone after it in the air.

20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah it was very dissapointing because Boca played very well for the most part. Their goalkeeper made some excellent saves. But to be fair, Olimpo also played a nice match, they didn't bunker, but tried to come back, and Caranta also had to come up huge a couple of times.

What pisses me off is that River played like crap and they won, and we couldn't win.

21. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    we've had incredible bad luck. we waste so many chances and our opponents have had few chances but converted at a high rate >_<

22. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I spent the majority of day on a century ride with my biggest motivation to finish quickly being the match. Needless to say after a long day in the saddle, I was pretty disappointed. As ASF said, give some credit to Olimpo as they came to play for a victory and represented themselves well. Since the spanking in Santiago things have really started to look like they were going to turn the corner. If we can keep ourselves towards the top of the standings until Riquelme comes back, we can make a nice run. I'm just glad we're starting to click and find some depth. I'm keeping the faith and see good things ahead.

23. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    The problem Boca has is that all the bigger games come in th e2nd half of the tournie .. River, Estudiantes, San Lorenzo, Velez, Lanus ... that is 5 of the last 11. And not counting the "clasico" against devalued Racing.

Boca deserved to win. But to do so, aside from the luck in scoring any of those missed chances, is to sentence the game earlier. If the team hasn't been able, ischia needs to keep the same kind of distribution which is what was complicating Olimpo.

One other comment. I am really tired of seeing Morel on the left side. He can't get his timing together to pressure the attacker. Instead he "zones" him and then lets the forward make the cross. This has happened while playing left back as well as Sundy, when he had to come out of the CD and mark Ulloa who was going to cross.

Morel is another player that needs extra work, after practice. Datolo can stay as well kicking some crosses.