Boca v Colon [R]: Happy Easter

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, Mar 23, 2008.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    So, Ischia is using the rotation system. I think this would be a great time for Boselli but for some reason Martin wants to play and he gets to play :rolleyes:

good thing the game is against Colon because the midfield has almost NO marking except for Vargas. And Vargas himself as the only defender that can defend will mean a red card (hopefully not).

[​IMG]

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I see this as a big game for us in the sense that we now get to see if Ischia can really coach. That seems like an awful lot of changes to the line-up which isn't bad but I'm curious how they come together. We have some depth and it's about time we get to see it. Dale BOCA!!!!!!

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Both Gracian and Datolo have looked really good.

4. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gol!!!Datolo!

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Golazo!!!!!! Gracian with a beauty!!!

6. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    A lot of guys stepped up today. Palermo was definitely not good though. Was Palacio held back for Colo Colo? It's not injury, I hope.

7. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    palacio was rested and I dont kno why Palermo was as well

Roncaglia was huge today and Monzon and Morel also played well along with Datolo and Gracian

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very encouraging win today. We might have seen Gracian's best performance in the shirt today and Datolo really opened things up with his constant runs. The pibes in defense were also impressive. I even thought Tarjeta Vargas played pretty good as a sole d-mid. Otherwise I agree that Palermo was but a spectator although he did have the assist on Gracian's golazo. I think Martin needs to sit out a match to get some perspective and rest. I also expected Castroman to have a good game based on how he started but he just seemed to disappear almost immediately.

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I didn't ;).

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was waiting for that:D

11. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    what do you guys think the team should be this thursday??

Caranta; Ibarra/Alvaro, Caceres, Maidana, Monzon; Ledesma, Battaglia, Datolo; Gracian; Palaco and Palermo

I would think about putting in Roncaglia for Maidana, but i kno that Ischia won't do that

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thank God. It's just Colon, but we needed a win to get out of the funk.

Glad to hear Gracian and Datolo played well, we are going to need that.

13. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I wonder if Gracian and Riquelme could play together?

14. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Vargas has proved he is a good Battaglia sub, but not good enuff to play the left of midfield. A late sub too.

If Datolo could learn to cross (that means knowing how to control how he puts his foot on the ball and the power) he could be very useful. But to see him constantly get deep in position and then cross nowhere is quite frustrating. He doesn't know how to finish. He shows a desire to make an impact thou ... and that is positive.

The key to the game was having only one holding midfielder ... and then 2 fast ones on the sides that have the lungs to roll back and give a hand defending. But for this to happen, Monzon's role was very important. He closed his side more efficiently that Morel has done in the recent past. And that gave us a chance to see the best Morel once again, in the #6 position. Perhaps Paletta's injury was the best thing that could happen to Ischia atm ... he will find the right defense by default. :rolleyes:

El Tano had a decent game, great goal too. But he is lacking rythm, which can only be gained by PLAYING! Same reasoning goes for Castroman, who will be very useful only, and only if, Ischia rotates players more often.

Brief words for el pibe Roncaglia. Russo had big hopes on him. I saw him play the friendly game against Haiti ... and showed he reads the game very well. He is not slow (as oppossed to fast) which is a must. Didn't he show things he is certainly learning from Caceres? (minus the distractions, LOL :mad: )

It is win or win on Thursday agaisnt Colo Colo. Common Boca!

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think they could. You'd be giving two players for defense but if they could learn to rotate around the pitch together then I think it could open up all kinds of passing lanes. Both are smart players and Gracian does know how to create, to me it just goes back to sacrificing another player capable of playing some defense.

16. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Yeah I probably should have added "without sacfrificing our defense" to that sentence. :D

I was thinking more along the line of a reversed triangle on the midfield, something like this:

--------Battaglia---------
    ---Gracian----Riquelme---

But that would be a radical departure of the diamond formation and would probably give Seba even more work to do but I don't know...

17. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    well maybe a

--Ledesma--Battaglia--
    --Gracian---Riquelme--

But I dont really like the 4-2-2-2. Maybe in Palacio drops back a little and it's a 4-2-3-1 like when castroman started alongside riquelme against San martin (SJ)