Boca,Mcbride-League Cup-Fulham vs Chelsea 11/30 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Fulhamfc3, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, the first goal was deflected [though it came no where near VDS. The second, while coming out of a sea of bodies, went straight to VDS, but he managed to knock it in the goal off the crossbar. You seem to be combining the two goals.

2. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the article

My emphasis...I can't figure out how Coleman ever thought BMB would be effective as a lone striker.

also

4. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,1527,1363483,00.html

"Significantly for Chelsea, Robben found it hard to get possession on the left in areas where he might hurt Fulham, as he had done so emphatically in the league. Fulham seemed to have worked on stopping his involvement there and it was when the Dutchman went to the right in the 25th minute that he began to create danger. His run and shot forced Edwin van der Sar into his first action of the evening.

Fulham's goalkeeper will have been relieved not long after when Drogba could not quite get his head to an inviting cross by Duff but Chelsea were still by no means pulling Fulham to pieces even if they had a good deal of pressure.

It epitomised Fulham's doggedness that Carlos Bocanegra slid in to deny Drogba just before half-time and Coleman's team carried occasional threat without seriously looking like scoring, though Cole might have enjoyed a sight of goal had he managed a better first touch from a Moritz Volz pass."

5. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew there was a game yesterday but didn't know anything about the result as of last evening. My lady was cooking and I turned on FSW Report to hopefully catch some highlights. I got some, and when the BakeMan one-touched the tying goal with beautiful style and panache and was mobbed by just about everyone in the Fulham colors, whether player or fan or coach, I yelled so loud that my girl jumped and burned herself cooking.

Despite the fact that she shares my love of Brian McBride and wishes him nothing but the best in his English journeys, she was not happy. :)

6. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Unfortunately I do not have a copy of Gentelman Jim's call, but it was classic. Decibels were raised to a high level. He was screaming and yelling at the top of his lungs. I work in a rather quiet area and Jim was heard by many around me. It was great!!! Too bad for the loss though!

7. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    Video of McBride goal.

McBride

8. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How could you not root for McBride? He has such a classy, professional attitude and aproach. Other athletes should take notice. He always comes up big and there's not a single game he plays that he doesn't put forth a 110% effort even when losing 5-nil. Hope this sparks a run of 90 minute games for McBride. BTW, I been mulling over this the last several months and have come to the conclusion that McBride's professionalism and leadership would make him an excellent management type when his playing days are over. I think he could be an excellent coach but I don't know how well he takes to the X's and O's.

9. swilso01

swilso01 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Philly
    Thanks for the clip. Great run by McBride. Reminds me of Portugal...

10. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    Thanks, someday I'd like to start a thread or a board where each poster was compelled to back up his or her opinions with actual video which supports his or her position.