Boca Juniors vs Newells Old Boys, May 23 (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, May 21, 2013.

1. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Burdisso gets a 2nd yellow for nothing.Crazy

2. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Hey, thou shall not blaspheme here. Seriously though, he probably should have been take off at the 75 minute mark.

Joker ref gives Burdisso a 2nd yellow...unbelievable!

3. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    He looked tired 2nd half and probably should have been subbed.Disappointing but 0-0 is not a disaster.Still all to play for

4. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Real frustrating night in the end. Gotta love what the team did in defense. Caruzo must have a twin brother that's been wearing his jersey recently. Burdisso was solid, aside from one major mistake. Otherwise, there wasn't a whole lot to reproach the guys on that end.
    On the offensive end, was another story. The final third play was just straight bad. I don't understand why Martinez does not make quicker decisions. He gets on the ball and tends to be too tentative. Roman was adequate in the first half; pretty garbage in the second. Would have liked to see JSM in there a lot earlier.

If you're going to draw at home, this is the best-case scenario, but this leaves me completely unsatisfied. It'll be a real tough assignment next Wednesday, but it's not impossible.

Moishe repped this.
  5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What an absolute joke the second yellow on Burdisso was. Overall with the exception of when Clemente got burned I thought the defense was tremendous. Nearly kept Scocco quiet all match which is no easy feat for such an awesome striker. Considering NOB is the top team in La Primera and rightfully so you have take this as a mental victory.

I think we all agree that Somoza had a fantastic game and pretty much bossed the midfield, very refreshing performance. Hats off to Caruzzo who I thought also had a strong performance which after how he'd played early on in the season was a surprise. Now what I would do for a striker about now. I'll take the point but we could have won this game.

I expect the Don to take control of the return leg and make his magic happen.

6. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The passes he was dishing out were just sloppy inside the box I think Martinez should have been left it

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice game defensively and in midfield, but the forward line needs to improve for Boca to get past Newell's and to have a reasonable hope of winning the title. Somoza, Erbes and Erviti were superb, and the back four were solid. I'm liking the kid Marin. Shame about Burdisso, that red was a joke. A ver ahora donde estan los amargos que dicen que los arbitros favorecen a Boca.

Moishe repped this.
  8. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  9. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    HA! This equipo chico will be dismantled by the next semestre, so I'm just trying to savor the flavor of the big-wave ride .. ;)

Mosihe/SiempreAlbiceleste:
    I learned Monday the Tijuana game was going to be the live broadcast, and was preparing to send angry emails and tweets to Fox Deportes. but I didn't, and you two know why. We live in the US, and Mexico/Mexican teams always - ALWAYS - get credit for the lionshare of the perceived attention viewers will give to the CopaLib.

It's very predictable, and I should have expected it.

My beef is with CONMEBOL for putting both games on at the same time. Why not start Boca-Newell's at 6:30? where's the problem? It's not as if this were the group stages and CONMEBOL want to avoid any perceived impropriety, not that those fu(ks in CONMEBOL would even consider that.

It's bad enough in this country that FoxDeportes carries the Copa Lib and the UCL, and the former perpetually gets marginalized by fu(king REPEATS of the latter. But on Monday, according to Livesoccertv.com and my Verizon FIOS viewer guide, the NOB-Boca replay was going to occur at midnight on FoxDeportes - that changed Wednesday morning when the replay was then set for the next day, today.

Very frusatrating, had to rant to someone.

Didn't see much of the game, had an impromptu BDay party for an old bud, however it appears that I did not miss much.

At least it APPEARS next week's game will be shown live. We'll see.

Vamos Nuels, LPM!

Moishe and Siempre_Albiceleste repped this.
  10. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Honestly, cigar_city, FSC were never really the real aim of my ire. It's just easier for me to bitch about them since I pay them indirectly. Clearly, Conmebol messed up, and it ain't the first time.
    You really did not miss much. I don't watch Newells regularly, but it seems that they were not at their best last night. I had nightmares in the nights leading up to the match of Scocco tearing our defense a new one, but they kept him under wraps pretty well...except really for one play where he nearly stung them with brilliance.
    I'm expecting a much better showing from Newells next week, and from Boca's offense for that matter.

cigar_city repped this.
  11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Newells B kicked Boca B's ass. Another humiliating loss. I didn't mind so much if our subs lost, if it kept riBer down, but certainly it didn't have to be by four ********ing goals!

12. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I gave up after the penalty, it was clear whh way the game was gonna go and i couldnt bear seeing another humiliation again, id be staging a one man riot in my street:D

But seriously, its am embarrassment. Newells can fight on all fronts yet the biggest club in the country has to be satisfied with only being able to put out a team capable of winning in one tournament??

I thought after our recent success in the copa and ending the winless streak that we had turned the corner...

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Trying to play a man down for an entire half with such an inexperienced group was going to be a lot to ask of the side. As ASF pointed out, we didn't do riBer any favors which is fine by me. It also didn't help that we played yet again without any forwards.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It looks like Bianchi will go back to the 4-4-1-1 in Rosario, and Sanchez Miño will start over Burrito Martinez. The only other change would be Chiqui Perez for Burdisso, who is suspended due to the ridiculous card he got.

Blandi is still not 100 percent, and if he cannot play then reportedly Burrito Martinez would take his place at forward in a no-striker lineup. This show how little confidence Bianchi has in Silva and Viatri at this point.

15. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    This has to be wrong, as it appears here in the US, the game tomorrow night will be shown on BOTH GolTV and Fox Deportes.

So last week's game we can't see until the following day, and now we have two channels allegedly showing the game tomorrow night?

Re: Sunday, una paliza, but the same thing happend to Newell's last month, a 3-1 win over Velez, followed by a 1-0 defeat to full squad Velez.

So we'll see.

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Amargura....

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mas amargura...

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What do you expect? They will call you amargo only because you are in fact an amargo.

Who else would go into a game thread of another team only to talk trash and bring up negative crap about the team and bring up irrelevant issues unrelated to the topic of the thread and the game in question, with an obvious provocative agenda? Only a certified amargo.

So here's to you:

[​IMG]
    Salud!

BTW, there are rivalries threads, including one in River's own forum, where you can post crap about Boca if that's how you get your kicks. Feel free to post in that thread all the negative stuff you can google about Viatri and about the barras and whatever else you want to bring up. But not here. This thread was set up to discuss the first leg of the Copa Libertadores quarterfinal between Boca and Newells.

19. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Frustrating season lads.

20. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Since Fox has the rights to the Copa chances are the GolTV broadcast is a replay of the spanking you guys put on us over the weekend. In a weird way it was a bit of a win for us since it impedes riBer from gaining ground on first place.

Still better than being a gallina.

21. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Says the Madridth fan ...

s7kru, SupaMario and Moishe repped this.
  22. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know.