Bobby Charlton with Glazers

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by ManUtd01, Jun 30, 2005.

1. ManUtd01

ManUtd01 New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Man Utd hero Bobby Charlton said its a good thing that the Glazers took over and the plans of the club look good. :confused: :eek:

2. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course he has to say that.

3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And we know the Gl*zers would never fire a board member who said something they didn't like. :rolleyes:

4. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City
    I seriously doubt the Glazer's had a gun to his head. Charlton is simply being positive about something that we're stuck with (at least for now). Nothing wrong with that; in fact, I welcome that attitude.

5. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    I doubt the Glazers' even know Bobby is a former player. I wouldn't put it past them to be looking for the first reason to get rid of anyone from the old regime. The fact that Charlton is a Manchester United legend would mean nothing to them, IMO.

6. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City
    These are silly, unsupported speculations. Not true. Can we give Charlton some credit here? He is a living legend, and he is a hero, and why can we not even listen to him anymore? Absurd.

7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, and to tell you the truth, I'm very interested in what he has to say. My previous comment came off as a bit cynical, but at the same time we're not hearing any details at all. It just sounds very vague--"They were receptive to everything and said they'd do everything they could to make this a successful football club."--and though he is an absolute legend, his future at the club is in the hands of these people, so it'd be difficult for him to come out against them. I'll wait for some official statements from them first, but even that can be rather meaningless in the ever-changing world of football.

8. MtP07

Jan 3, 2005
    From Soccernet

9. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seemingly everybody has a closed book attitude about Glazer, Including my post !!!!!
    I cant belive that all the smart people involved at Old Trafford would let Manchester United fall into "Liquidation" and talking about B Charlton like some are doing is distastefull .

They have announced Money up front for new Players, I repeat give them a chance, besides which if the worst came to the worst dont you think that somebody else would step in and buy Manchester United.

Its like most of you want Manchester United to go into Liquidation just to say " I told you so" Hands up those here that lost money out of the Buy Out
    //// Mmm i thought so --- Some of you guys talk as though it was your shares he bought.

Whats your opinion of Chelsea's owner, similar situation ????

10. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Another classic andrew neave abortion.

11. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City
    It's almost as though andrew writes these in extreme situations... the franticness of the writing, as well as the lack of thought put into the concepts, always makes me imagine him typing away in the middle of combat, or while fleeing law enforcement officers.

Doesn't it always seem like he's in a rush? So I ask you, Andrew Neave, where's the ********ing fire?

12. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Good point its always a bunch of unfinished half thoughts....

Not that it would make much sense if he completed those thoughts....

13. MtP07

Jan 3, 2005
    I think he writes in a stream-of-conciousness. Unfortunately his stream is little more than a trickle these days. ;) :D

14. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Meaning Drugs..... :confused:

15. MtP07

Jan 3, 2005
    I don't think there are enough drugs in the world...

16. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Thats scary if its actually done sober..... ;)