Blogs Gone Wild....

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Beech, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the featured characters/writers of Bigsoccer writing blogs and getting discussions going on things a little higher level the pre/post game threads and everyday hoo-ha but they've infested the main page like a bad case of fleas.

Currently I have to page down at least 4 times before I get to the BigSoccer Live pane which I believe is the true heartbeat of all discussions going on on this website. It is easily my most frequently linked from spot and it's now getting buried under the poll of the day, the 5 new blogs stacked upon the 6 previous blogs from the day before in addition to all the hard frame set toolbars, ads and logos that must remain.

Can you either reduce the number of Blogs that stay prioritized on the main page or maybe reduce their width so that BigSoccer Live and the News Bot panes sit on the top right side of the main page?

Your main page right now is 7 pages in length with the true forum links and BigSoccer Live dwelling at the bottom. Meanwhile (although I like them) I don't have to see Dan Loney & Matrim's latest personal rants first thing everytime I pop in. I've read their opening paragraph like 80 times already, and they get doubled in the Blog pane anyway. They were good the first 3-4 times I looked at but at some point everyone moves on and wants to see everything else. Just asking if we can trim it up a bit.

2. Matt D

Matt D Member

Mar 17, 2006
    new orleans
    C'mon tech guys, this doesn't seem like a hard problem to fix.

3. babeldaob

babeldaob Member

Jan 16, 2003
    I agree. I like the blogs, but they take up the whole front page and are listed 3 times. Meanwhile the bigsoccer live panel is buried. It makes it very hard to navigate...

4. foozer

foozer Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First time for me in this forum, but I was coming to comment on this very subject. I also enjoy the blogs, but my main purpose for coming is the forums, which sometimes seem buried by the abundance of blogs.

5. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and the code gods listened... Thank you for trimming up the blog panes a bit.:)

6. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of late yesterday this is starting again. Any new blogs posted are spilling into the far right pane and pushing that content down the page. The more they post the more BigSoccer live is going to be a multiple "page down" affair.

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    For God's sake, get rid of those pretentious pieces of crap and their "writers."