Blogs covering most of the front page...

Discussion in 'Forum Requests and Voting' started by jpg75, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Why? Why are we being inundated with blogger posts all over the front page!?! Is anyone as sick as me of seeing Bill Archer, Dan Loney et al and their attempts at humour all over your browser when you click on BigSoccer?

2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They both can be humorous and entertaining at times. But all the time is a bit OTT. I liked it the other way when the kicks were front and center.

3. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    For the record i actually really liked Dan Loney's bashing of the recent Jamie Trecker article. But it doesn't much matter who is writing, I don't feel like being subjected to blogs everywhere i look. It's almost to the point that this site is over-promoting that angle. Give us the kicks back!

4. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8
    you would have thought they would have learned from their attempt to do the same damn thing during the last world cup

5. Namrog The Just

Namrog The Just Member+

L.A. Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 2, 2007
    Baltimore County, Maryland
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the new front page is just brutal. When was it decided that we all loved the blogs and didn't care about the threads? It might not be alot, but I still paid money to be a member and this is what I get? Maybe they could start translating everything into Esperanto so we just stop coming here at all.

6. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8
    at the very least there should be an option to have the blogs not show up

7. .:Rabid

.:Rabid New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Everywhere I go now on teh interwebz, it's blogs here, blogs there...
    Jesus, I get so annoyed, everyone wishes they were famous writers with readers that actually gave a damn.

It is ok as an option but otherwise, GTFO.

8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

Huss, et al. You guys set the kicks so we can modify what we see. Why not do the same with the blogs? I'm sure a switched view is easy enough. You did it with the kicks/forums switch.

9. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Classic. Dan Loney voted for "Yes. The bloggers suck"! :D

That gets rep in my books...

10. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    OK, i'm a moderator but you know what, I've not been to the front page in months.

B

11. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't like the kicks either. This site is really going down hill. Anyone have any suggestions about a better soccer site?

12. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8
    to be honest

about all you really need are goff (ives if you like to see someone right & wrong a lot and rant on an on about jersey), one of your local writer/team's blog, soccernet's usa page, du nord, that watch soccer online blog, and the ability to use a google news search for specific words

the only thing that is missing is the yank abroad stuff... some of those game day threads are hard to replace

now as for using and not using the front page... i typically use mybigsoccer to navigate when here, however, i do like to go to the front page to get random threads that i would probably never see otherwise

the blogs forces to me to look at three loud mouths i don't particularly care to be force fed... segroves is a cool guy, but i'm not going to read his blog... nor should it be spoon fed to people

jesse tried this during the world cup with yellow card ournalism (andy mead and wade jackson)... that was terrible... just cause these three can write a bit better doesn't mean it has any actual value, it's still terrible

13. batman54

batman54 Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Toronto
    I answered Yes, but I must say, I don't dislike the blogs, I just would rather go to a page with them when I want to and not be forced even when I go to my teams page.

14. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I heartily endorse this product, event, or person.

I don't even use the front page so IDK.

15. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one will not renew my premium subscription and will stop using BS if it continues the way it is now.

Move it back like before or give me the option. :mad:

16. BrunoBaltazar

BrunoBaltazar New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    I have a question ,how i can actually post a blog?lol