blockbuster voodo promo in mexico

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Mahtzo1, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    this is my first post...
    Radioshack has dropped out of a promotion in mexico where us voodoo dolls were part of a promotion to support a mexico win. Blockbuster video has taken over the promotion. I may be overreacting, but I don't think an american company should be promoting a mexico victory...especially one where people are supposed to stick pins and needles into a doll of a us soccer player. Why not burn the players in effigy or perhaps sponsor a flag burning? I may be overreacting, but I think that people (if they feel anything close to the way I feel) should contact blockbuster. Corporate US needs to realize that international soccer, especially when mexico is involved, is not just a game!!!! :)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=616736&sec=us&cc=5901

2. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the capitalism. Where the only objective is making money.

3. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    Yes, I know that is there only motivation. That is why in my email to blockbuster I mentioned that I will be sure to only visit hollywood video. US soccer fans buy and rent videos too. The question is...will their gain in mexico be offset at least in part by bad will and loss of profits in the US? There are other promos (even promoting a mexican win) that they could have used in mexico that I would have found less offensive than the voodoo dolls. I don't believe in voodoo, it's just the principal of the whole thing. Am I taking it too seriously? Maybe.
    Louis

4. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtxPM4Ru1yo"]YouTube - Mexico Fans 'Stick It' to the U.S.[/ame]

5. ongreystreet

ongreystreet Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The truth is the in store rental business is on it's last leg in the US and nothing can stop it. Between mail order renting, redboxes, better pay-per-view services it's no surprise that Blockbuster is looking to concentrate it's effort elsewhere.

And it's a voodoo doll, so unless you believe in Voodoo, it shouldn't bother you.

6. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
  7. TsubasaOzora1978

TsubasaOzora1978 New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA Huracán
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    it didnt work hehe 2-0

8. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
  9. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to go to Blockbuster to, y'know, give them some money, but I suddenly have a sharp pain in my knee. I just don't think I'm going to be able to make it.

10. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee

just sayin.............. and they claim Virgin Mary on candle holders? Ninja please.

11. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know where I can get one of these voodoo dolls? I'd LOVE to put one on my wall as a reminder of how pathetic Mexican Soccer is. Seriously, anyone know where I can get one, I'll pay!