BLM/Police Reform protests

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Boloni86, Jun 2, 2020.

1. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White boys in Hawaiian shirts with guns don't fit this part of the narrative. Nor do bored suburban kids who confused anarchy with making mommy and daddy love them.

2. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    The use of a MEDEVAC helicopter with a red cross has no other mission besides medical evacuation. This means the use of the red cross on the helicopter violates the Geneva Convention.

3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, they do not - the former are emblematic of the Timothy McVeigh archetype - that in causing violence that can be blamed on the "others", the sheeple will wake up and rise against the "others". The latter as emblematic of those that plan to "help", then when everything settles down, can play their contributions as "cred"

Dan Loney, NORML and charlie15 repped this.
  4. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm too tired and my allergies are too bad for me to put this well: but there's something so sad and maddening about how white people are again exploiting the experiences and legitimate anger of people of color and minorities in this country in order to further their own ends AND further disadvantage those who aren't white.

Deadtigers, sitruc, diablodelsol and 6 others repped this.
  5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of cities governed by democrats have lost control, this is a wet dream for conservatives and Trump.

I bet 'Democrats don't know how to govern' ads will be popping up all over conservative social media.

Deadtigers and NORML repped this.
  6. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    There are inevitably going to be some severely divided departments; don't be quick to assume they are the same cops.

See the people, not the uniforms-- this is no time to make lazy assumptions. Our best allies are going to be people who do copping right. People who follow Bosch's law: "Nobody counts unless everybody counts."

Deadtigers, derek750, luftmensch and 3 others repped this.
  7. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't even matter.

You either have a conscience or you don't. Anyone who votes for Trump is evil - not bad, but evil. Full. Stop.

Deadtigers, sitruc, Mike03 and 4 others repped this.
  8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You would think big retailers have insurance, they will re-open in the nicer neighborhoods.

Mom and pop stores, well this will just accelerate the going out of business for many of them.

I don't know, maybe some will come up ahead if they had good insurance and just invest in something else.

9. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    One thing though-- I'm perversely glad that Manson didn't live long enough to be gratified by all this...

Deadtigers, sitruc, luftmensch and 3 others repped this.
  10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You do realize that the Geneva Convention is specific to armed conflict I.E. war. As morally and ethically as the use of the NG and military air assets is, it still isn’t a violation of the Geneva Convention.

I am not offering an opinion, that is fact. Emotionally you and I agree on the subject but emotion does not overrule fact.

Deadtigers, luftmensch, Pønch and 3 others repped this.
  11. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Roof is still alive and this is what he wanted.

Deadtigers, sitruc, russ and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    "Community outreach"

13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    He got a Big Mac & a vanilla shake after he was arrested

14. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Can't have everything.

15. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    " Lots" ? How many? What are those?
    This is a pretty easy and lazy narrative though being pushed by the right wings. Let's not be careful not to amplify it.

16. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's how we roll,dog.That's how we made it big.Now you tellin us to step off?
    Allergies suck.My sympathies.

Deadtigers repped this.
  17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    *In Engagements of war

Not sure if Geneva Conventions apply in domestic matters

Deadtigers repped this.
  18. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    My son was deeply disillusioned watching bored white boys scream at black/Latino officers, in the guise of caring about black/Latino people. That said, a full salute to the legitimate protesters who care about George Floyd. Those protesters truly are making a difference for the better.

Deadtigers and luftmensch repped this.
  19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exposing them as a threat to everyone's safety is how we defeat them. White people cannot let these people speak for them, or they will speak for them.
    Anyone who is swayed by this, was never going to vote against Trump anyway. They more that the average white person and corporations lose to Trump & his loyal governor's actions, the more support they will lose
    In the most selfish & self-serving sense of the word
    Good
    When the myth of the Thin Blue Line dies, we will all be better
    And McVeigh
    It should be an impeachable offense
    Hopefully he lives long enough to watch his dream die with Trump's presidency

20. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boandlkramer repped this.
  21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, good call by the officials in Arlington, but the subtext is disturbing. The subtext is Trump at war (figuratively, for now anyway) with Arlington. Just like he's at war with the governors, and Dr. Fauci, and on and on and on. The government (writ large, meaning federal, state, and local) is in growing conflict with itself. It ain't 1861, but it's the closest we've been since. By far.

People who ask, can he do that? need to realize, he can do any ********ing thing he wants if the people with guns follow his orders.
    I have a bad feeling that a crucial turning point might come in the next week. Trump is going to do something truly insane, and the only thing that would stop him is mass, and I mean MASS, resignations by generals.
    Thank you. This can't be said enough. If it ain't got a blue check mark, be 100% skeptical.

sitruc, luftmensch, Moishe and 2 others repped this.
  22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The militarization of Whitelandia and LE (and the two are very intertwined) has gotten us here. It has taken a while but it's pretty damn discouraging. On a positive note, our young people have had it with racism and the police state.

23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    No, no, no. That won't work. Then the flunkies who remain will be promoted and carry out his orders. The general must refuse to obey his orders, the way that the governors have. That is the only way out -- civil disobedience.

Deadtigers, The Jitty Slitter and Moishe repped this.
  24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That action got him to cooperate. So good policing.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  25. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might be right. I was thinking that if generals self-decapitated, that would be such an extreme action that the House would impeach and the Senate convict within days.