Blisters From Pumas

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by DaRonaldinhoFan15, Jul 2, 2005.

1. DaRonaldinhoFan15

DaRonaldinhoFan15 New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Lisle, Il
    Hi Everyone,
    I bought the Puma cellerator GCI, and they are giving me blisters. I tried wearing two socks, but that didnt help either. I dont have enough money to just buy another pair of shoes, so what else can i do about my problem?
    Thanx

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Your feet should harden up after you've worn the boots a few times where they are rubbing you. But for now you can maybe wear a plaster, or cover your feet in vasaline to make a barrier and stop your foot from sweating as much. It will sting for now but if you soak your feet in warm salt water this helps your feet to harden up too so you are less prone to blisters.

appleCORR

www.makepovertyhistory.org (UK)
    www.one.org (US)

3. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    are they the K leather ones?

and also you should be paitent they wont hurt after there broken in hopefully, for now you could try using moleskin on the spots where u get blisters

4. DaRonaldinhoFan15

Jul 2, 2005
    Lisle, Il
    They are the pittard's 80 sd lite leather ones.

5. crhs_fusballer

crhs_fusballer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Vancouver,WA
    I have the same boots in white and silver, got em for 60$ US. I haven't used them yet, hope i don't get blisters like on the vapors.

6. DaRonaldinhoFan15

Jul 2, 2005
    Lisle, Il
    If you wear under armor socks and regular soccer socks, you shouldn't get blisters as quick, if at all.I didnt do that, so i got blisters the first time i wore them. Now that my blisters are almost gone and i wear two socks its not as bad as it was before, but my blisters can't heal completely because i wear the cellerators all the time.

7. Dr Leather

Dr Leather New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Brisbane
    The Pittards 80SD Lite is an attempt to try to copy kangaroo using bovine (cow) leather. However, they have to make the leather thicker and less conforming to make it strong enough to be in the soccer boot......

Puma boots are a great brand and well designed, but I guess it cannot cover up this inferior leather.

The moral of the story.....be cautious of marketing hype from Pittards Tannery in England claiming their leather ever matches kangaroo. You have been warned guys.

Dr Leather

8. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Hey they gave me blisters on my achilles heel too.

After a while your foot just gets used to it.

Try to not use them for a week or so to let ure foot heel.

9. HjkF50

HjkF50 New Member

May 1, 2005
    NOVA
    well Pumas are generally more narrow then other boots , so maybe u have wide feet

10. DaRonaldinhoFan15

Jul 2, 2005
    Lisle, Il
    I dont think thats the problem, b/c my talarias fit me fine, and those are narrow boots.