Blech's Eliminator Cup (BE-Cup) - 2022-23

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by blech, Jul 30, 2022.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    The BE-Cup kicks off in GW1 (with a Friday game!). Basic rules are simple -- each week, the lowest scoring team is eliminated until we have a winner. A longer recap of the tie-breakers, etc. is here,
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/blechs-eliminator-cup-2021-22.2116835/#post-39843771

but, again, just remember the BE-Cup mantra:
    you don't have to be first,
    "just don't be worst"!

A reminder of the new tie-breaker since it has yet to come into play--we can use the triple captain and bench boost chips in all rocks, and those points will be counted toward your score for BE-Cup purposes when those chips are played, but if you end up tied for low score having played one of those chips, the first tie-breaker is to remove the extra points earned with the chip.

Despite the standing objection of @DrHeckle (which is based on the principle that he never gets immunity!) :p , there is BE-Cup immunity based on last season's results (in league standings and the eliminators) using the same award system as past couple of year. If I have the list right:
    3 gws - blechs_dawgs (Small 1st)
    2 gws - Keysersoze Wanderers (VSR 1st), Game of Ohhhs (Sand 1st), -n/a- (SE-Cup winner*)
    1 gw - Glorydaze, (Small 2nd), Tangers FC (VSR 2nd**), Aviators (Sand 3rd***), and Lokomotiv Lewisham (SE- Cup runner-up)

If you are offended by the term "immunity," think about it like the FA Cup, where certain teams do not enter the competition until later rounds. The immunity teams for 1GW, will enter the competition in GW2, and so on.

*Game of Ohhhs was both Sand1 and the SE-Cup winner, but you do not get to add immunities if you are a double winner
    **Tangers finished in a tie for VSR2. As Kicking & Screaming did not return this season, we did not have to address the tie and Tangers gets the VSR2 immunity
    ***Aviators finished Sand3, but moved into the Sand2 promotion spot with The Rising Son not returning this season, and Aviators will get that Sand2 immunity spot.

Last year's BE-Cup final standings are here:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/blechs-eliminator-cup-2021-22.2116835/page-3#post-40268995

NOTE: I use the scoring and table in the "All Rocks 2022-2023" league to score the BE-Cup. I believe we currently have 23 teams in the All Rocks league on the FPL site (and are missing @Hal / Aviators). Also, please get any team names finalized, so that the alphabetical list is final before games kick off on Friday.

DrHeckle, tarvinodos and glorydaze repped this.
  2. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    24. Real Newark - [24 points; GW1]

"I thought they said this didn't start until GW2..."

First GW is always the worst time to exit the BE-Cup. This year, the (dis)honor lands on @bobfest and his Real Newark squad. I initially had a typo and put Reak Newark. I decided to fix it, but....

To his credit, coach Bob made the shrewd post-draft move of jumping on bonus magnet Saliba, but then Bob inexplicably left Saliba in Sub-1 position on the bench, preferring a back line that included Robertson (1), Cash (1), and Ait-Nouri (-1). "We know what our fan(s) are thinking---that it's going to be another long year. But I need everyone to know that this is just a small bump in the road and that we are driving an all terrain vehicle! Trust me when I tell you that this squad is loaded. I'm not worried about Alisson and Robertson. The Liverpool defense will be fine. I'm not worried about Harry Kane. Spurs are firing, and we know he will end up in those points. This is just one week. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but we're not going to panic because the points will come. We won't be bringing home the BE-Cup this year, but there are plenty of other cups and we've got our sights set on a quick return to that Small rock in the distance."

The dangerzone are the 3 teams closest to elimination who survive. The dangerzone was impacted in GW1 by immunity, as two teams--Keysersoze (27) and Aviators (35)--would have been in the dangerzone but for immunity. But, they were immune, so not in danger! So, we end up with a dangerzone of: The Javelinas (33), REVEALED: Starboy XI (35), and Living in Dreamland (36). Notably, those are three of the four new squads. Maybe experience does count for something! Interestingly, when I reached out to them for a comment and asked what they've learned so far, they were all as optimistic about the 37 gameweeks ahead as Bob!

Aviators, Glorydaze, Lokomotiv Lewisham, and Tangers FC had immunity for GW1, and they now enter the competition and will be at risk for elimination in GW2.

blechs_dawgs, GameOfOhhhs, and Keysersoze Wanderers remain immune in GW2.

DrHeckle, glorydaze and tarvinodos repped this.
  3. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    23. Parraraiders - [13 points; GW2]

A painful week for Parraraiders, who needed something big from captain Salah and his new running mate Darwin in the week's finale, only to see Mo end up on 2*2 and to see Darwin see red for a -2. Add in Coutinho (0) via an autosub and five players with just 1 point (Mendy, Emerson Royal, White, Sancho, and Bamford), and you limp in with 13 points. That will be a tough mark to beat for the season.

The dangerzone was ColdDogSoup (22), Journeymen (22), and The Javelinas (23). It was the second consecutive dangerzone visit for The Javelinas.

Immunity did not come into play in GW2, and Game of Ohhhs and Keysersoze Wanderers will now enter the competition and be at risk beginning in GW3. Blechs_dawgs still has immunity for one more week.

tarvinodos repped this.
  4. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    With one game to play, the current bottom three are:

Tangers ........... 20 +1 +1 +Robertson
    Soccer Steve .. 21 +Van Dijk +CRonaldo
    Bigger Boat .... 25 +Rashford

Good luck to all of you.

kopiteinkc, lobomojo and tarvinodos repped this.
  5. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    22. Tangers FC - [23 points (tiebreaker); GW3]

It's GW3 and we find our first tie of the season at 23 points from Tangers FC and Soccer Steve, as both teams added bare minimums from the players in action on the final day.

Neither team used bench boost or triple captain, so we proceed to removal of the doubled captaincy points... Tangers had Jesus (4*2), while Soccer Steve had Son (3*2), meaning that Soccer Steve survives by 1 point.

Tangers did take advantage of autosub to get to 23 points, bringing in Joelinton (1) and Bruno Guimares (1), but management will be disappointed to see that Trippier (6) as Sub3 was left on the bench and that they failed to get the last of the Newcastle trio onto the pitch. Tangers also opted for Ederson (1) in goal, leaving the team's high-scorer for the day (Meslier (7)) on the bench with Trippier. Considering it was NEW-MCI and LEE-CHE, all of the decisions made sense on paper before kickoff, but that's little comfort for what is now an early BE-Cup departure.

Dangerzone: Soccer Steve (23), Keysersoze (38), and Bigger Boat (39).

Much to Dr.Heckle's disappointment, as it surely would have added at least 42 signatures to his petition, immunity did not play any role in the eliminations this year. Immunity is now over and all 21 of the remaining teams are now at risk.

For those already eliminated (and everyone else), the DE-Cup will kick off in GW5, so a second-chance is on the horizon.

DrHeckle, tarvinodos and Wendys repped this.
  6. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

hallehujah.gif

Hal, tarvinodos and blech repped this.
  7. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    First 1/4 eliminated:
    21. Soccer Steve - [37 points; gw4]

Soccer Steve survived the tiebreaker last week in GW3, but could not survive GW4, ending up bottom of the teams still remaining with 37 points. There was still hope going into the final game with Son(c) and Richarlison getting subbed in, but Soccer Steve ended up 1 point behind Aviators (38) to become this GW's eliminated team.

37 points sets a new mark for the highest score to be eliminated. Overall, scoring was up this week, with the All Rocks average landing at 57.3, bolstered by a couple of squads passing the century mark. The previous highest average was 50.3 in GW3.

Painfully for Soccer Steve, especially given how close the total was to all of the teams in the danger zone, Lewis Dunk and his 7 points were sitting in Sub-1 position. 4 of the 11 fantasy starters did not start, but all came on for some minutes, led by Buendia (24), Ronaldo (22), Richarlison (16), and Tomiyasu (1). Tomiyasu's late entry has to be the most painful, but Soccer Steve would have survived elimination had Dunk started over any of this group, none of whom were a surprise to find on the bench. But, there was clearly a lot of respect for the magic that has been occurring at Leeds....

The dangerzone was Aviators (38), blechs_dawgs (40), and Stormin Gunner (40), any one of whom might have been on the way out had a ball or two bounced differently.

lobomojo and tarvinodos repped this.
  8. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Midweek look in with LEI v MUN still to play:

Journeymen ---- 18 + Sancho + Vardy
    The Javelinas -- 19 +2 + Barnes
    Aviators ---------- 25 + Martinez
    Game of Ohhhs - 25 + Sancho + Dalot

The next teams are Morning Glory (29), blechs_dawgs (30), Bigger Boat (32), and Living in Dreamland (33). Dreamland is finished, with 1 autosub point to come, so 34+ is guaranteed safety, although with the Barnes' attack facing the Martinez defense, it is unlikely that both get a result and would seemingly place the bar somewhere in the 20s.

Game of Ohhhs would appear in decent shape with Dalot to cover Martinez in a head to head with Aviators, and anything from Sancho as the differential. While Journeymen needs to see some goals....

Good luck all. As always, these midweek reports are unofficial. Actual scores are as posted on the official should I have missed someone who hasn't played or who will be an autosub..... :sneaky:

9. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    First 1/4 eliminated:
    20. The Javelinas - [26 points; gw5]

After dangerzone visits in the first two weeks, The Javelinas had thought the had sorted out the problem with two strong weeks, only to end up in the bottom group heading into the final day having to rely on a Leicester result. It's currently tough times for the Foxes, and a Barnes blank meant that there would be no escape. Scouring the squad, there weren't a lot of ways to get more points out of this group this week, with DeGea(6) and Dewsbury-Hall(2) on the bench, and newcomer Isak(7) the only attacking return and no defensive clean sheets. Ugh.

@PBJinMyBeard looked like he needed both a shower and a shave as he watched his squad make its first BE-Cup exit. "We're new and we're finding our way, but I actually thought we had found it. Worst part is that now I've got to list to the other newbies remind me that I was the first exit. We had a side bet, and looks like I'm buying peanut butter biscuits for each of them. I don't understand all these cups yet and, well, we'll focus on the next one. Tomorrow is another day, and we're going to wake up and put one foot in front of the other."

Dangerzone = Journeymen (30), Aviators (30), and Living in Dreamland (34). It is the second dangerzone visit for each of them (with it being 2-in-a-row for Aviators who announced that he's pulled the trigger on the wildcard to try to turn things around after two close calls that were too close for comfort.

Hal, tarvinodos and lobomojo repped this.
  10. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    First 1/4 eliminated:
    19. ColdDogSoup FC - [25 points; gw6]

It was a low-scoring week, with the All Rocks average of 44.3 points per team coming in as the lowest we have seen thus far all year. ColdDogSoup was done in by a misfiring top pick Salah in what was an overall unsatisfying GW. A Mitrovic goal was the only return, with a Neco Williams assist and a Mykolenko clean sheet left on the bench as lost points that will be second-guessed. While Lobo would typically have cast a spell to reverse the scores or filed charges against VAR, the initial word is that they've accepted a disappointing exit.

The dangerzone was Journeymen (29), blechs_dawgs (33), and FC Epikoinis (33). It was a second dangerzone in a row for Journeymen and third in six GWs, while it was the second for the dawgs and the first for Epikoinis. Journeymen has requested a conference with Klopp to discuss early TAA substitutions.

That wraps the first group of 6 to be eliminated, with an even distribution as we currently have 2 teams eliminated from each division.

tarvinodos and glorydaze repped this.
  11. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    2nd Group of 6 Eliminated:
    18. Top Shelf -- [25 points; gw8]

After a GW7 with no games, the BE-Cup elimination in GW8 comes down to a tie-breaker, with both Top Shelf and Journeymen on 25 points. With no chips played by either team, the first tiebreaker is removing doubled captain points--for Top Shelf, it's captain Haaland with 6*2, and Journeymen with captain Richarlison putting up 1*2. Removing the doubled points, sees Journeymen slide through.

Dangerzone: It was very close, with Journeymen (25), Sasha Juniors (26), and Borussia DaMarcus (29). It three dangerzone visits in a row (and four overall) for Journeymen, who seem to enjoy living dangerously. Meanwhile, it's first visits for Sasha Juniors and BDM, who haven't seen much of the bottom side of the table this season.

tarvinodos repped this.
  12. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    2nd Group of 6 Eliminated:
    17. Bigger Boat -- [22 points; gw7]

While Monday started with blechs_dawgs looking at a tight battle with Dr. Heckle and Journeymen for the elimination spot, any tension in the dawgs' camp was lifted quickly by the Maddison deflection goal, then followed by a free kick goal and then an assist. 36 points from captain Maddison meant safety and with 13 points from the rest of the team, a solid 49 on the week. blech's good mood continued into the press conference: "Maybe if it had been a smaller boat, he would have been forced to get Anthony Martial's 10 points off the bench and onto the pitch!" :laugh:

Asked about blech's query, Dr. Heckle responded: "I used to say that this silly BE-Cup was the third best competition, after my own (of course) and after the Olympics, but it's surely dropped several rungs further down. I jokingly asked ol' blechy-poo if he might have changed the rules to give me just 5 of the 10 Martial points as a reverse tie-breaker to award 50% of unused bench points. That's as reasonable as the rest of these darn rules. He said no, but you know that he'll make that change down the road if it benefits him. Immunity here. Rules there. It's always constantly changing and you can't take any of it seriously. Now he wants to have a go at me over leaving Martial on the bench. And, he's sipping on some fruit drink with an umbrella while he says it! What can I tell you about Martial. It's only the second time he's played all year, and the first game where he's scored a goal. Rather than mocking me for not playing him, the reputable reporters are asking why I still have him at all. That's a tougher question for me to answer. But, instead, we have blech stirring up trouble again. I've led protests before, but I think he just enjoys it and convinces himself that the people outside the building are cheering for him. The guy's delusional." :mad:

Interestingly, it had originally looked like L'il Biggie's Boat might sail through based on the strength of the bench, which included a healthy 5 points from Cresswell. With 1 point from Henderson, all that was needed to get to safety at 24 would have been a single, lone 1 point from Neco Williams. But, Neco's scoreline ended up at -1 instead of +1, with 3 goals conceded in 45 minutes along with a yellow card. That 2-point swing ended up the difference. Maxing out the pain, Dr. H captained Cancelo instead of Vardy, with Vardy getting an assist, and Martial's good fortune came full circle, as in addition to having those points stranded on the bench, Martial's 2 goals against City cost Cancelo a point (doubled). Back to the drawing board to sketch out a new route.

Dangerzone: Journeymen (23), FC Epikoinis (32), Game of Ohhhs (32), and Stormin' Gunners. For Journeymen, they're picking up dangerzone visits with the same frequency that Haaland picks up hattricks, as it was the 4th dangerzone in a row (and 5th on the season in just 8 GWs). 4 points safe in GW5 and GW6, no game in GW7, tied and surviving on the tiebreaker in GW8, and now just 1 point safe in GW9. An amazing run to consistently score so little but to keep scoring just enough. For Game of Ohhhs, it was a first visit, and for FCE and Stormin' G it was second visits.

DrHeckle, tarvinodos and EFC MXM repped this.
  13. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    16. Kopite Jrs -- [27 points; gw10]
    17. Bigger Boat -- [22 points; gw9]

While Kopite Jrs is another of the clubs suffering an early season frustration after grabbing Salah top of the draft, the squad had put together a number of solid weeks (with a previous GW-low of 37), sitting 7th overall (now 8th after this clunker) and still in 2nd (albeit a distant 2nd) in VSR. Manager Adams was upbeat notwithstanding news of the BE-Cup departure. "We've struggled without Mo clicking, but also know that his points will still be there for the season, so be knocking on the door of the top quarter of the league has been awesome. There's a lot of fight in these lads and they've shown the spirit that we need to get through. We've got to get everyone healthy and then just given Mo time to do his thing. I had hoped we'd make it to the top half, but it didn't play out as planned. It looks like a strike for us in the DE-Cup as well, but we're fortunate that it's just the first and we're going to look to seize that opportunity and get ourselves into the next round. This team has a long list of objectives this year and I'm expecting to have them checked off come May."

The dangerzone was Journeymen (32), Starboy XI (33), and Keysersoze (37). It's the fifth dangerzone in a row for Journeymen, who have been living in the DZ for the past month, while second visits this season for S-XI and KW.

tarvinodos and kopiteinkc repped this.
  14. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    15. REVEALED: Starboy XI -- [36 points; gw11]

Two teams had lower scores but have already been eliminated, so the 10th elimination falls on Starboy XI at 36 points. 36 is the second highest elimination score this season, just behind the 37 posted by Soccer Steve when eliminated in GW4. Needing a score in the low 40s to survive (and in the upper 40s to prevail in the World Cup), it was a frustrating GW for EFC MCM, who lost out on GK clean sheet points due to an unwillingness to play GK Lloris against EFC and then watched captain KDB fail to get an assist today for the first time since GW5.

The dangerzone was Keysersoze Wanderers (41), FC Epikoinis (42), and Stormin Gunners (44). Third visits in the DZ for each of them. (Absent from the DZ this week after 5 weeks in a row was Journeymen, who posted a healthy 65).

Note: While the elimination and danger zone scores seemed higher than they have been, the average was just 47.5 and the scoring range across all rocks was more compressed than usual.

lobomojo, tarvinodos and Hal repped this.
  15. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :laugh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::laugh: ... sensational review. That interview was so on point !! It was almost as if it were real :laugh::inlove::p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

blech repped this.
  16. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    you're saying that it wasn't real? :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :speechless:

17. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    14. Aviators -- [14 points; gw12]

GW12 was always going to be a tough week with no MCI and ARS players available. I'm not sure about other divisions, but there are over 20 players from these two teams on Small teams. I haven't looked at other divisions, but assume it is similar. So, over 3 on average, which basically meant the entire bench was unavailable for many, and some have more, and that's before you even get to injuries and suspensions.

And, Aviators was no exception, with 3 MCI, 2 ARS, and an injured Fofana, and bad news with Chilwell not getting into the current new-look CHE defense. With no De Bruyne, Hal had to make a captain decision, and he shrewdly selected GK Sa (for 1*2), which was definitely better than MF Bowen (which would have been 0*2, with the missed PK always being a costly swing in points). Bottom line, if you only have 7 players who get minutes, and you only get 1 clean sheet in total and no goals or assists, and you miss a PK and you add a couple yellow cards, then you will likely end up with a BE-Cup elimination. Hal's phone went straight to voicemail with a message that he was at a bridge tournament, so no interview this week.... PS - I'm told they're not real anyway! :x3:

The average score for All Rocks teams in GW12 was 40.7, second lowest of the year only to the 40.5 in GW8, and well below the season average of 46.9 (with the average excluding the 0's that everyone got with no games in GW7). The highest week had an average of 57.3 in GW4.

Quasi-Dangerzone: Glorydaze (27), Living in Dreamland (34), and FC Epikoinis (35). I say "quasi" because none of them were ever in real danger this GW given where Aviators landed. This was GDaze's first dangerzone visit of the season, and the third for Dreamland and fourth for FCE. Dreamland has the big quarterfinal matchup in the World Cup this week, so will hope this was just due to GW12 availability and not a real turn in form.

And, noting that this was GDaze's first low return of the year, a shout to the three teams who have avoided the dangerzone all year: FC St Pauli, Lokomotiv, and Morning Glory. Slow and steady wins the BE-Cup race, these teams are having solid seasons but aren't at the very top, sitting in 6th, 10th, and 5th, respectively. Keep it up.

We are one GW from the midway point. Avoid GW13 elimination and you are into the second half of the season.....

lobomojo, Hal and glorydaze repped this.
  18. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    GW13 look in.....

With the WHU-BOU game to play, a potentially exciting finish to come in this week's BE-Cup for the final elimination of the first half of the competition. FC Epikoinis has 30 points, and will add 4 points with AutoSub, so is on 34 points with no more players. So, that sets a clear target for teams not yet to safety. In that group, four teams are still alive and have less than 34 points, and all still have one player in action on Monday.

Journeymen = 26 points + Solanke (or +2 if Solanke DNP)
    Game of Ohhhs = 28 points + Benrahma (or +Solanke if Benrahma DNP)
    Morning Glory = 31 points (26 + 5 autosub) + Scamacca (or +6 if Scamacca DNP)
    Stormin Gunners = 31 points (29 + 2 autosub) + Antonio (or +2 if Antonio DNP)
    FC Epikoinis = 34 points (30+4)

Setting aside the autosub permutations that could kick in if any of Solanke, Benrahma, Scamacca, and/or Antonio do not play, each team has a different player in action on Monday, and with so many different players needing points, FCE likely has a nervous confidence about this one as while any of these players could easily get points, what are the odds that all of them do in the same game. Any of these 5 teams could be out after the final whistle blows.

tarvinodos repped this.
  19. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Second 1/4 eliminated:
    13. Journeymen -- [27 points; gw13]
    14. Aviators -- [14 points; gw12]

First 1/4 eliminated:
    19. ColdDogSoup FC - [25 points; gw6]

With the second group of six eliminations completed, we have made it to the midway mark. 12 out; 12 still alive.

Journeymen has made regular appearances in the dangerzone -- six in the prior 11 gameweek, and, as summarized above, came into the final game needing points from Solanke to avoid elimination only to see him hobble off just before halftime. Journeymen got 8 points from Gordon, and 3 from Kepa, and then it was 2s and 1s elsewhere. 11 points from Henderson on the bench would have made the difference, but a reasonable decision given Kepa's form and a home game.

Dangerzone: Stormin' Gunners (32), Morning Glory (33), and FC Epikoinis (34). 4th visits for FCE and Stormin Gunners, while it's the 1st visit for Morning Glory.

Eliminations of the third group of 6 begin with the next GW, GW14. One step at a time.

tarvinodos repped this.
  20. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    A look in at GW14 as we kick off the second half of the BE-Cup:

FC St Pauli - 15 + 1 + Saliba (vs NFO) + Antony (vs WHU) + Johnson (at ars)
    blechs_dawgs - 19 + Saka(c), Zinchenko, and Xhaka (vs NFO), De Gea, Shaw, and Dalot (vs WHU), and Scamacca (at mun)
    Borussia DM - 24 + 0 + 1 + Antony (vs WHU) + Odegaard (vs NFO)
    Dreamland - 29 + 2 = 31

Living in Dreamland has 2 points coming via autosub to go to 31, but no more players. So, in addition to keeping an eye on each other, 31 is the current mark that everyone needs to get past to guarantee safety.

There are a few other teams (Sasha Juniors, FC Epikoinis, and Game of Ohhhs) who are still below 31, but between where their points are in the upper 20s and the number of players left, it seems highly unlikely that they don't all get past 31.

tarvinodos repped this.
  21. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Borussia DM is in the clear, along with the others that I didnt fully write out. All are above 31.

Dawgs are at 30, but still have 4 players in the final game, so will jump to 34 at kickoff. Unless the MUN defensive trio goes negative, then "no way! not today!" will be the chant from the supporters.

Which leaves FCSP as the last team still below Dreamland's 31.

If Saliba gets 1 additional bonus point, FCSP has moved to 24 with Antony to play, and ahead on the tiebreaker.

It's looks to be Dreamland vs FCSP....

Will Antony score 7 or more?

22. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Second 1/4 eliminated:
    12. FC St Pauli -- [26 points; gw14]

The table was set for an Antony goal to complete a last day comeback as I described above, but I didn't realize that Antony had a midweek knock which ultimately meant that he would not make today's squad. That meant another 2 points for FCSP via autosub but it was not enough.

Dangerzone - Living in Dreamland (31), Borussia DaMarcus (41), Keysersoze (46), Sasha Juniors (46).

tarvinodos and lobomojo repped this.
  23. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Third 1/4 eliminated:
    11. Morning Glory -- [24 points; gw15]
    12. FC St Pauli -- [26 points; gw14]

It was a rough week for Morning Glory, who still sits #5 in the All Rocks table and has generally had a very strong season. Things went from ordinary to bad early in the GW, with captain Cancelo picking up the red card, Bernardo blanking and picking up a yellow card for good measure, which only left Gundogan with a return for an assist on the Alvarez goal. No doubt, 2 points total from three MCI players in a juicy matchup with FUL was not what was anticipated. Trippier returned a healthy 12, but it was 1s from the rest of the defenders, and the striking partnership of Scamacca and Wilson both got early hooks after 45 minutes for 1 point each. Six players with 1 point and a captain with -2 doubled to -4 was a GW to forget.

Dangerzone was Keyserzone (34), Lokomotiv (34), and Glorydaze (35). It is the 5th visit for Keysersoze, the 2nd visit for Glorydaze, and the 1st visit for Lokomotiv. Perhaps it was a curse to mention a few weeks ago the last 3 teams that had not been in the dangerzone, as we've now seen two of them depart in back-to-back weeks, with Lokomotiv, the other one, being in the dangerzone this week for the first time.

We are down to the final 10.....

glorydaze and tarvinodos repped this.
  24. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    For those still alive in the BE-Cup, or just those interested..., I believe that the lower scores are:

FC Epikoinis = 20 + Trossard(C) + Rashford + Andreas

Glorydaze = 22 + Dunk + Andreas + Watkins (with Toney's 13 in first position on the bench should anyone not play)

Keyzersoze = 33 + 2 (autosub) + Trossard(C) + Bruno F

blechs_dawgs = 30 + 6 (autosub) + Rashford + Martial

Game of Ohhhs = 38 + Veltman

Stormin Gunners = 34 + 5 (autosub)

It's a pretty big gap from the bottom 2 and the others, and interest that FCE and GloryD both have Andreas so fewer differentials, but anything is possible, and Andreas could in theory pull both of them to safety with a big game.

Stormin Gunners is done, so 39 is the current magic number, meaning that Keysersoze, dawgs, and Game of Ohhhs can reach safety simply by getting 2s from each of their players.

lobomojo repped this.
  25. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watkins finds an old prawn sandwich in his kit bag and misses out. Toney's 13 points come off the bench. Am I safe???:rolleyes:

tarvinodos and blech repped this.