Alert: Blast Vs Soul 11/9/12 & Blast VS Syracuse 11/10/12 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Nov 9, 2012.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You dont need to like my gramer or tell me what i know . I know that all these back to back home games are going to kill the league and its attandence #s

2. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sure has stopped me from going to a few games. That along with the back to back home games. And charging like the league was in it's heyday. And playing less than 18 home games a season...

You're right. They used to draw higher attendance numbers on Wednesdays back in the day they were playing 16-18 home games a year which wasn't that long ago, relatively speaking.

3. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The back to back games is definitely bad for attendance. I usually don't make firm plans to go to one or the other and end up going to neither.

4. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Some random thoughts and questions:

1) I don't believe streaming the games has any effect on attendance, good or bad.
    2) Where are the groups? 80 percent of the games I played or coached in Baltimore there were large numbers of kids parading onto the field prior to the game.
    3) If there are local soccer tournaments being played, isn't that a nice group sales opportunity?
    4) Fewer home games should be easier to sell, IMO.
    5) Back to back game sales and games in Nov and Dec have been difficult in the past.
    6) What degree has the departure (and manner) of some popular players contributed to the decline?
    7) Has the Wave's back to back titles contributed in any way? Not trying to stir it up....just wondering if folks are down on the Blast?

On another note: MISL RULES CHALLENGE QUESTION #2 to be posted tomorrow. Category: Referee pre-game responsibilities

5. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If 6,500 People were going to go to the game I would guess Maybe 1,500 People total would make both games the other 4,000 would go to 1 game or the other . leaving us will crowds of 3,300 .
    If anyone is to blame its The MISL for creating so many back to back games this year .

7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    And the Blast for demanding more games on the schedule.

8. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the MISL did that one . I can see having 1 back to back game at home but 3 is way to many & then we have 5 on the road I think . This is way way to many back to back games IMO A lot of players are going to get hurt this year because of it .

I say dont extend a season if you cant plan it and need to cram it all in to end the seasion on your dead line so Indoor does not mix with the USL outdoor games