Alert: Blast Vs Soul 11/9/12 & Blast VS Syracuse 11/10/12 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Nov 9, 2012.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blast Vs Soul 11/9/12 & Blast VS Syracuse 11/10/12 Game Thread our first weekend double header of 2012 at the baltimore arena , The soul is with out "Chili Farias " MCL injury in last game , Juddy McKinney OUT Fractured arm Surgery was on Thursday .

2. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    From the stands it looked like the Blast easily dominated the Soul and by the second half were more interested in leaving something in the tank for Syracuse tomorrow night. It appeared as though the Soul was also interested in saving something for tomorrow and were happy to just not be run out of the arena.

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the blast did pull back in the 2nd 1/2 to save a few players and 4 players did not dress for the game
    Vanzella Warmed up and will get his first start in goal tomarrow night . 3,317 fans at that game tonight was just sad

Joey Tee repped this.
  4. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    horrible attendance...just not good for anything right now...how much of this is the storm and the repercussions Cardman

5. Inddor Fan

Inddor Fan Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Crowd looked horrible online....Cant blame that on the weather....

6. Baxter

Baxter Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Announced crowd of 3,317. I can not refute that number. But I can tell you, midway in the second quarter, the lower concourse section behind the Soul bench had 29 people and the middle concourse section 210, which is right on the center line, had 35 people.

Baxter

7. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the storm had anything to do with this , there is a lot of Soccer tournaments this week
    and next so that kept a lot of the kids away It will be like this for the Syracuse game , and the Wave Game 3,317 may have been the number but I did not see that many in the building .

8. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly think it was closer to 2,000 at best ,

9. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    attendance looks bad again in Bmore

10. Inddor Fan

Inddor Fan Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Horrible crowd again, and this halftime show is embarrassing.....zumba dancers and kids on the field messing around. Never thought it would be this bad.

11. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Holy Sh** There can't be more than 1000 there at best

12. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO It was under 2K for sure I took photo from the open glass area almost the entire night and i stood and walked all over the place because it was so empty .

13. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was impressed with Vanzella tonight 15saves in his first game , the blast are giving up way to many restart goals and the wave will eat us alive if we keep giving up restart goals

14. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lewis, what is going on in Balty...this is a sign of doom for me. There is no "pro" indoor soccer without the success of the Blast imo!

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there is a lot of Soccer tournaments going on the next few weekends . but hitting 3,300 fans the last 2 games is just sad . The blast need to step up and advertise big time . I also think streaming the game on line for free is not helping the league . I think they should be shown in the archives on a tape delay the only games that should be shown live are the playoffs and championship or do a game of the week and show 1 live game each week and put the fans back in the stands

16. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ability to watch games online for free does not deter people from going to games. You are a dope.

17. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenn your the dope why would anyone want to spend the money for tickets and parking when they can stay home and watch it for fee .

when are you ever going to say anything positive about anything on these boards .

IndoorSoccerNews repped this.
  18. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Your a dope. I'm sure if someone wanted to look hard enough through these threads, I'm sure you could find where you said the league needs games on TV.

Maybe 100 people watch games online, locally.

19. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I am just wondering = Has TV or internet been proved to hurt a sports team?? in any league?

20. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I do not think the attendance or lack there of was a surprise to the Blast. November dates, with the exception of the opening night have always been a hard sell and Fridays particularly difficult. It becomes a case of the best use of limited resources. The Blast could have advertised like crazy promoting the game and that would have certainly had a positive effect on the crowd size, but the same effort spent promoting a game later in the season would produce much better results. Let's come in off the ledge and see how the rest of the season plays out, I'm confident that the Blast know what they are doing.

Joey Tee and GoStorm repped this.
  21. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't you attend MISL games all the time even though you could just sit home and watch? And most NFL teams don't seem to have trouble filling their stadiums even though their games are televised.

22. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Look at that Soldier Field is sold out with Houston fans and Bears fans

23. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure they know what they are doing , I am sure all the back to back home games are not helping anyone this year . from what i was told its going to be the same when the wave come to town I was told the blast had tickets on groupon for $11 for this game .

24. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off you cant compare the NFL to the MISL , I do attend almost every single blast game that I can . Friday night games kill me because my wife does not get home from work until close to 6:00 and then heading straight to the arena to the game and then going out to eat after the game we won get home until close to 12 am or later .

No media Coverage , No advertising , Back to Back home games , are just some of the things killing attendance at blast games .

25. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    The main difference I SEE between Kenn and CardShoppe: Kenn generally knows what the @#$%^&* he is talking about... and he uses proper grammar.