Blackburn vs Manchester City [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Aug 10, 2009.

1. TXinHI

TXinHI Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant by Ireland!

2. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow Ireland, awesome goal lol.

3. phillymancity

phillymancity New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Kennett Square,PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or NOT!! GO STEVIE GO!!!!

4. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    GOOOOOOAAAALLL!

Ireland ftw. Absolutely terrific composure.

5. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    IRELAND! IRELAND! IRELAND!

Makes up for his form with pure class!

6. phillymancity

phillymancity New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Kennett Square,PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He made the goalie look like a fool!!

7. Matt.

Matt. New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Talk about setting up a goal, and bottling the goal before scoring the goal in a much harder fashion then what was originally presented...

8. TXinHI

TXinHI Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay an away win!

9. phillymancity

phillymancity New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Kennett Square,PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a fantastic game!! Have a great day everyone!

10. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well it is Paul Robinson;):D

11. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Haha, we're all thinking it.

Although I don't think we played exceptionally well, I am very happy with it considering we are still solidifying as a team and, as you said, it was an away win.

I am very happy with Ireland's goal but a bit worried about his fitness otherwise. No news of a knock so perhaps he is just easing in to the new season.

Robinho was quiet, but I think that could be more billed to the focus being on Ade and Craig and the rain (both sides were having trouble keeping possession) than anything else.

I thought Ade (for the most part), Barry (in all part), and Toure (a man apart) where all class. Time will tell but so far great signings for me.

SWP seems to back to the tricks and clever play which I am happy to see.

Tevez did his bit and looked dangerous for the short stay on the pitch. I think he'll prove himself integral in the next few matches if he can stay fit.

Bridge was still mediocre for me. I just read a post on another forum about how great Bridge played. Did I watch a different match than everyone else because I would put him as tied for our weakest point with Dunne for the majority of the game. I know it might not be a popular opinion but I really want a quality leftback before the end of the window.

And Dunne looked shaky at times, and great at others. Needs consistency if he wants to stay in the squad.

Overall pretty happy, though.

12. pazzmore

pazzmore Member

Jun 17, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That away win was the BEST way to start the new season... and I was starting to sweat my choice to start Superman in my fantasy line-up, but his finish was class. I thought Tevez looked good too for not being fit just yet.

All the new boys had a good showing today. Ade, Gazza, Kolo, Tevez

13. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    There are not words great enough to describe how integral Barry will be for us this season.
    If he has a good season, everything else will fall into place IMO. The player we have been missing.

Toure was great, Richards was an absolute brick at fullback. Robbie and Ireland didn't have particulary great games (especially by their standards) but sitll contributed.

14. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hit it right on the head there. De Jong is really going to have to fight for a place. I imagine we may go for a 4-5-1 v Wolves, though, so we'll see.

15. Jim_Bouki

Jim_Bouki New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Canada
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    how 'bout those Sky Blues on opening day!!

a lot to like. Barry, Bellamy and Toure played very well. Given as well.

class strike by Ade and of course Super Stevie making the goalie look foolish. can't wait for the first one at City. cheers!!!!

16. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We just have to deal with Barca first on Wednesday ;)

17. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A day out in Blackburn

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9UirHIiQhI"]YouTube - MCFC at the Fernhurst[/ame]

Blue's having a pre match drink

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAWMprfT9v8"]YouTube - manchester city vs Blackburn R 8/15/2009 Highlights HD[/ame]

Match Highlights

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ-P235CQk8"]YouTube - Manchester City Vs Blackburn 15/08/09[/ame]

The Darwin end celebrates at full time

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td9Q5A5zKtw"]YouTube - Blackburn vs Man City 0-2 (15-08-09)[/ame]

Sparky's post match interview

18. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After this weekend perhaps Arsenal is not the team in the top Four we should be gunning for.
    Because seriously, after watching Liverpool today, I like our chances!

Their CB pairing makes ours look like Nesta and Maldini over here.

19. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they're sorely missing Xabi Alonso as well in the midfield. I watched 20-25 minutes in the first half of thier match and they just couldn't hold on to the ball long enough to build up anything substatial on the attack, which left them exposed to Tottenham's attack.

20. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    They were poor to be sure. So were Manure in all honesty. I watched both matches all the way through and although the Rags won, both they and Liverpool were found wanting. If not for a Chucho (even the commentators were surprised by that being on the back of his shirt) miss and a McFadden roller going too close to Foster, United could have lost today. And the Birds faired even worse with a paper thin squad that saw Ayala come on for Skrtel. Now that lad has real potential but he is not a big four quality centre-half at 18. But it shows how shallow Rafa's squad is right now. He sold two to Real and brought in one that admittedly had a decent match today and one that can't play for another two months; not only did he not strengthen the squad, he actually effectively hurt it (Xabi Alonso is a huge blow, even Real buying him makes little to no sense with Kaka, Ronaldo, Giuti, and Diarra in the same squad; they learned little from the first era, or perhaps they did).

Carragher's head was wrapped after the clash that saw Skrtel eventually substituted, Gerrard was playing with a knock, and Torres was isolated and it showed. It is true they should have had another penalty in the second half but aside from Johnson and Voronin getting manhandled in the box they were right poor in nearly every fashion. Oh, and United just lost Rio and Evans went off with injury in their match today, so it is no bed of roses for old Sir Felchy either.

I wouldn't right off Liverpool, United, or Chelsea just yet; it is just one game. But they absolutely have to get things sorted out and quick. I still think Arsenal will have trouble later as having watched their big win this weekend I can say it was more Everton's bullocks defense than anything Arsenal did (I wonder if Lescott deliberately played badly; if he didn't I'm wondering whether he is what we need) and Chelsea looked shaky against a scrappy and determined side in Hull so who knows what will happen when they meet us, Arsenal, Spurs, or United.

All in all a great start for us but we need to wait a bit to see how things fall and whether this weekend was a fluke or prophetic.

21. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i don't believe everton we're just bad.

could it perhaps be that Arsenal made them look bad?

but whatever, thats a question with no true answer.

I've maintained that man utd & arsenal will challenge for 1st & 2nd this year.

Chelsea will continue to be there same consistent boring team.

Liverpool = no xabi = no title.

Its only one game, but before the season MY predictions we're that if city do break into the top4 it would be at Liverpools expense.

22. jethy

jethy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is Nigel de Jong injured or something?

23. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    de Jong was on the bench with Barry playing the DM role, and Ireland playing slightly deeper than last season in support.

24. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was suprised at the lack of de jong. Maybe Hughes saw an opponent that couldn't compete with us in the Midfield and felt a true Dmid was not needed, I think DeJong will be used in games where the middle of the park wont be so easily won, or at least I hope.

If Hughes was really crazy, he'd throw this line up out there.

-----Ade--Tevez-------
    Rob----------------Swp
    ----Gazza----Superman-----
    Bridge--DeJong--Torre--Micah

25. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought his reasoning for not playing De Jong was something along those lines. Although I think a line up with De Jong might look a bit like this

------Ade------
    Robinho---Tevez
    -Barry----Ireland-
    -----De Jong----
    Bridge-Dunne-Toure-Richards