Pre-match: Black Sunday ... Philly @ Revs

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Jul 11, 2011.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes there is ...

2. Joeyfitzclick

Joeyfitzclick Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Newport RI
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I guess I rely on BS for info also I didnt receive any info via e mail as a member of the Rebellion so assumed nothing was planned.

My bad.

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a problem. I know the Riders sent out info to their members, I thought the Rebellion had as well. I'm assuming something will be posted publicly Thursday, as they've been trying to keep the plans quiet.

4. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This might be my first game of the season

5. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad.... it may not last long for you LOL. PS: I just found out work is putting me on a plane to Seattle on Sunday..... Arrrggggg. I guess my protest must take on a personal form in that I'm gonna be a no show, and I will not be giving my tickets to anyone. Well I suppose I could bring them tomorrow night and give them to someone wishing to go, as long as they pledge to go by the plan of action.

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't mind, I'll take them. I know a couple of people who are interested. Will be in the Riders lot tomorrow (the old lot).

7. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should definitely give your tickets away to someone looking to participate in the protest. That way, more people can participate without Kraft getting any more money

8. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah, just like the other poster said, 20 minutes then "ow I'm stiff and strained my [quad/hamstring/abductor/take your pick]" then out for 2 more months.

Say what you want about Jankauskas, he at least tried to get in shape, played well when he did play, and was probably much more hurt than reported in last year's injury reports. Dabo seems to blatantly be using the Revs as a yearlong vacation.

9. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure Monty.... I'll see you in the Rider's lot.... I have two Fort tickets. Price: $0. John

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great, thanks.

11. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy to do this! :)

12. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be pretty funny if the SOBs and Fort all sang derisive chants about the Krafts (creative and implicit rather than explicit of course) at the same time. Both ends of the stadium letting 'em hear it...awesome. ;)

13. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they can break it down like the sounders fans do when one side yells seattle and the other sounders. The Fort can yell Kraft is and SOB replies an A-hole

14. SamAdams

SamAdams New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Looking for 2 extras to this game. Let me know.

15. Supahhhrev

Supahhhrev Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Dorchestah, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be looking for a ticket for this match as well if anyone has an extra.

Thanks,
    -Beau

16. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't understand people complaining about Phelan when Lekic is on the field. I've begun to think Lekic deserves a place on the Revs All-Time Worst Starting 11.

17. Rangers Rob

Rangers Rob Member

Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    [LINEUP-4-5-1]Lekic, Khano, Khano, Khano, Khano, Khano, Khano, Khano, Khano, Khano, Khano[/LINEUP-4-5-1]

1 person likes this.
  18. s0ccerguy

s0ccerguy Member

Mar 25, 2004
    Agreed, I thought Phelan did quite well last night. He only had one stray pass that I counted and covered a lot of ground and did some other things very well. Lekic played terrible and it had nothing to do with the competition, he was just awful. Horrible first touch, no movement. The only positive I saw was that he didn't throw his hands up in the air as much as he normally does.

19. Chaik

Chaik Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Can we discuss Shalrie (and to a much lesser extent Boggs) going a full 90 in an exhibition four days before a league match? Am I the only one who thinks that is one of the more insane decisions Nicol has made recently (and he has made quite a few)?

20. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shalrie's already suspended for the Philly match based on Yellow Card accumulation.

21. Chaik

Chaik Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Oh, right right right.

22. RevsGuy06

RevsGuy06 Member

Feb 5, 2001
    england 2.0
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A $300k signing brought to you by the same guys who re-signed Khano Smith.

This team needs an enema.

23. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I think you're forgetting/short-changing one Joseph Niouky.

24. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Khano Smith was on the books for $45,000 IIRC, which seemed fair enough, given that he would occasionally show lightning-in-a-bottle flashes of brilliance like his goal in the playoffs vs. Club Calcio Stella-Metro di Nuova Jersey e Nuova York. They left him exposed in the expansion draft, and Seattle (while Sigi Schmidt was still in Cow-lumbus) picked him without reading the fine print, that his contract had an escalator clause to something way, way beyond what he was worth. The Revs obviously knew this and let him go, since you could justify him at $45k, but not at 3 times that.

Then, Seattle invented this thing called a trade, and traded him to the Red Bulls who cut him not too long after that. If the Revs signed him somewhere in the neighborhood of his old salary with no additional cap hit, I don't think it is egregious as some people think.

If I was in charge would I have done that? Probably not, but if it was a choice of him or some other unknown player at roughly the same skill and salary level, I can understand the Revs taking their usual lazy man's approach: Bring in the mediocre player they know, instead of going halfway around the world and watching DVDs until their eyes are red to bring in another mediocre player who might be a bastard with a bad attitude that all his teammates hate.

We all know how much Nicol values "chemistry," and by all accounts, Khano was a good guy, and worked hard in practice. Somethig to be said about that, but it is no substitute to bringing in a rotten prick of a human being with even 50% of the skills of Leonel Messi.

25. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    according to the MLS salaries Khano was making decent cash in 09:
    08'NE Smith Khano M $ 46,305.00 $ 46,305.00