BL MD 25: Gladbach - BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Mar 7, 2020.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    LP Hummels Zagadou
    Hakimi Can Witsel Guerreiro
    Brandt Haaland Hazard

Sancho gets a rest I assume and starts on the bench. Tough test today. Our recent results against them are good but they are doing well.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    0:1 Hazard in the 8th against his old team. Nice goal.

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    We cant drop a single point if we want to stay in this.. I just dont think the Bayern train is going to stop moving. From here on out if we won every match I could see us having a chance.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, but not playing like this. I think we had two decent offensive scenes, used one of Gladbach's mistakes to score but besides that we look quite passive. Gladbach had two better chances to score. We are concentrated in defense but far from dominating the game.

Zakaria is out for them which is a big loss.

5. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    There’s no will going forward, both Witsel and Brandt slowed down counters towards the end. Looks like we’ll defend 1:0 lead. If that continues, it’s 3rd bad game in a row. Can’t win titles with that

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    welp... theres that...

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hakimi scores. We were a bit better since they scored.

8. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Looks like a 2:2 match

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sancho hits the post. It really feels like we need another goal.
    And now Gladbach came close to scoring.

10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Haaland misses a great chance. Gladbach are getting tired with their defensive work while trying to score.

11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great time wasting by BVB

Gratz

Scheherazade repped this.
  12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We win but we don't make it easy for us. We should have scored at least two more. Still, great to beat them yet again. They really tried to get cards for our players. First with their best impressions of the Neymar roll, then causing tussles to provoke reactions.

13. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Can't expect champagne football and winning every game in style while trying to rest players. What we need to do regularly is to come out on top in physical battles like this away against a Borussen derby rival. Bigger fish to fry on Wed.

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    An important win and as usual we looked much better when we were taking the initiative and going for the win. We played much better after going 1-0 behind.

It's a good win at a tough away ground.

Thorgan was probably MOTM for his great goal and his tenacity, but Hummels and Can have made a real difference.

Can is the player, people think Witsel is.

15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Favre brought on an extra center back for Haaland at the end...except it was Akanji so he was told to play up front so that he doesn't give away a goal!

kbvb and Scheherazade repped this.
  16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I also saw Hazard as one of the best. Additionally, he won balls back in defense which is important for our game because Hakimi's and Guerreiro's strengths aren't in defense. It's a pity that after weeks when Hazard was unlucky in his game, now it's Brandt's turn to play below his level. Brandt just recently came back but maybe this 3-4-3 with Brandt as one of the top 3 isn't ideal for him.

Another thing, Hakimi scored the winner but I thought he was poor otherwise. I don't think it will be in his best interest to join Madrid after this season. Improving his discipline might be his biggest challenge. There was one scene when he lost the ball and Gladbach began to set up their attack. Instead of going back and help defending, first he stayed on the ground, then he went complaining to the 4th official while the game was going on. He is very talented but has some work to do. I don't think Madrid is the place for that.

17. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I feel so sorry for Akanji when i see his status now.. Men, that guy was 1 of the most wantes young CB before he came to us.. I remember United wanted him badly.. He was great in first season, one of the best players in the squad and when Favre came, he just lost something, he wasnt the same player anymore, so inconsistent, i think mentally he wasnt the same, he lost that safety he had in the 1.season.
    If i was him, i would go to Lyon and try to revive career..
    He isnt that bad, he can be very good, but he needa a fresh start

18. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Haaland didnt exist today on the pitch, he was so cut off from midfield...
    But Sancho is by far our best player, that guy just makes the difference..
    1 thing is very interesting, i know many guys think Reus is our God, but we actually play better without him, thats a fact.

19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Akanji had a great start when he was used as the LB. I wondered why Diallo was sometimes used instead of him as a FB because that never looked good. Consequently, he also left us because of this development.
    My memories may be wrong but I think he was good for most of last season. But then he had that bad mistake that helped Bremen to equalize when we squandered that 2:0 lead. That was one of the games that cost us the title.

20. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Paderborn, RBL and Bayer were games that killed us and all hopes of the title. Paderborn you just had to won- 3 points; against RBL that had to be a routine win after the 1.half- 3 points; Against Lever you had everything in your hands again, in the worse scenario you had to draw- 1 point
    7 points, 7........
    Todays table would be much different, we would be first with 3 points ahead of Bayern......

21. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Was i watchin the same game? cuz we were never behind in this one

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adjustments.jpg
    The team having fun with Akanji’s striker debut. Comments on his IG are restricted...hopefully he wasn’t receiving too much stick lately.

23. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Sorry I meant when they equalised and we had to once again make the play.

I don't want to make the American fans go crazy, but Reyna really looks a great talent. It's very, very early, but I think he could be next on the BVB assembly line of young incredible attacking players.

24. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a run Reyna made down the right flank where he basically just beat the defender with pure pace while dribbling the ball, and I actually mistook him for Hakimi. He doesn't rely too often on athleticism - Favre seems to love him for his "Spielintelligenz" - but indeed he seems like the real deal.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's very, very early, but he looks special and in the same category I put Messi, Ronaldo, Owen, Rooney, Gotze, Sancho etc at the same age.

However, I also put Wilshere and Balotelli in the same category, which says something about my judgement and also how injuries or motivation can influence a footballer.

He is the most talented player I have ever seen from North America. He is better than Sancho at the same age for comparison. He is not as good as Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Owen and Fabregas and of course the best of them all Brazilian Ronaldo, but I am struggling to name anyone else.