(BL: Match day 20) FC Bayern München vs. 1. FSV Mainz 05 01.30.2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Jan 27, 2010.

1. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If only Leverkusen would lose ONE GAME :mad:

2. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If they keep playing like this I can imagine Leverkusen vs Bayern being game of the year...

3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This only makes the race more interesting rather than us literally just running away with it.

4. mjd2086

mjd2086 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    I may get boo'ed off the boards for this comment, but I would rather like to see Leverkusen end the curse. As long as Bayern qulify for the CL for next season, I am happy with their season. I am all for there being some variety and not having Bayern win every other year like it has been going for the 'noughties.

*ducks for cover*

5. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    booooooooooooooooo hissssssssssssssssssss

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah...I get your point. It's only good for German football. No other top league would have so many different champions in the last ten years and it would help Leverkusen hold on to players like Augusto, Vidal and Adler.

7. mjd2086

mjd2086 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Exactly... I think that if more and more teams keep winning the league, that can only strengthen the league as a whole. Sure, it is nice to pull for a team that are perennial champions, but honestly, what is the fun if you team wins every single year?

And yes, it would be nice to see Leverkusen be able to hold on to their top players.

8. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand what you are saying and it would strengthen German football, but in no way do I want to see Bayer Neverkusen finish above Bayern in the Bundesliga table. EVER!

9. mjd2086

mjd2086 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    haha I definitely understand, especially since I am on the Bayern board...

I tend to have a different perspective since I am from the States and didn't start following soccer due to a local club or a club that my family supports or anything like this. I am not a "fanatic" like people tend to be with local clubs, I just watch for enjoyment and hope my favorites play in CL each year.

10. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    ::throws tomatoes and cabbage::

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

Apr 14, 2008
    SoCal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Thanks banok! Props on putting it IN THE WRONG THREAD! ;) I like it though. A new game called "Where's Highlights"!