BL 20/21 MD 10: Frankfurt - BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Dec 5, 2020.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    Can Hummels Zagadou
    Morey Dahoud Witsel Schulz
    Sancho Brandt Reyna

Guerreiro and Akanji are out.
    I guess Brandt misused as the CF again...I'm not feeling great about this match.

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Yeah, I know some love Brandt but he has been largely ineffective every time I see him.

Would like to see the young kid come in and score his first ever goal in the 2nd half for a win

kbvb repped this.
  3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brandt misused as a CF because the club refused to sign a back up CF. This was a problem when Paco was constantly missing games. Poor squad planning.

eaglespark repped this.
  4. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We fall behind in a match yet again.

Favre needs to go as we all agree. That said, the players need to have some fire, pride and professionalism.

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes he is played out of position. Hard to blame him when the manager knows he fails and keeps playing him there.
    I won't blame the players when they have this fool in charge, playing stupid formation and messing up the line up. Bring on Moukoko

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'd say Frankfurt even plays the better football and that's embarrassing. You can tell that how they play has a purpose and every player is a part of that. It was similar in the last match against Cologne. They have obviously limited talent compared to us but there was a system and structure in their game. Our gameplan seems to be the hope that one of the talented players makes something happen out of nothing.

astrophyz and eaglespark repped this.
  7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I have lost all hope. My only hope is we make top 4 and sign a good Sancho replacement in the summer. This season is a right off.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    At least he brought Moukoko on. I don't think we are going to win this game. We will probably stay 4th.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:1, better so far in this half.

10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    anyone got a video of Gios goal?

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Great goal from Reyna. Cut in beat his man and fired it near post top corner from the edge of the box.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I have to be fair. Can and even Witsel have been good today. Reyna has been out best player.

Brandt and Sancho have been poor.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, Sancho has been a mixed bag. He looked improved but then he wanted too much in some promising situations.
    Overall, Frankfurt looked dead in the second half. We should be definitely going for the win. Maybe fresh players for the offense would help.

14. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    we really lack someone like Reus controlling the middle as Reyna isnt that guy yet. Brandt just hasnt been good and is seemingly out of position.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    3 unused subs. Looks like Favre is happy with the draw.

16. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Favre probably thinks this is another point closer to avoiding relegation. ;)

17. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Totally what I expected from a Favre managed team. Aiming for that just in the 'Champion league' table position.

eaglespark repped this.
  18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    So sad we kept him. He should have been fired a long time ago. I am not confident we will even beat a terrible Zenith side.

There was nothing positive about this match. It's just depressing

19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Another 2 points lost and Favre has no balls to risk going for the win when a draw likely means we'll fall further behind. You don't win anything with this mentality. Compare that to the other top teams.
    Like it was said during the summer, any kind of hopes for a successful season will be over before the club pulls the plug. We aren't quite there yet but it's getting close.

Alex C, eaglespark and astrophyz repped this.
  20. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    ESPN+ messed up the transmission for those of us in the US. (Or maybe just me?) I only got to see last 20ish minutes. Again, only 1 central midfielder until Jude came in? Sad result.

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Well the league might realistically already be gone tonight. If Bayern beat Leipzig then even if we had a brilliant run until the end of the season I don't see as making up 7 points on that team. I don't see why we are wasting a year when we have such a talented squad. The players have clearly lost faith in him.

22. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well no worries, you didn't miss anything... Unless Favre is fired and this was is last game!!! lol Don't you get your hopes up though...

23. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Well it seems Leipzig don't have that same losers attitude as we do and gave Bayern a fright and were able to take a point away... Makes us look even worse!! We are a laughing stock now. People call us a stepping stone club with no aspirations and it's hard to tell them they are wrong

MtnGardener and eaglespark repped this.
  24. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    After today’s match

Favre ...”I’m always okay with one point. In Augsburg or against Cologne I would have been happy with one point.” Full disclose his answer has more to it, but this still is awful.

What a cowardly coach.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes it's pathetic and he sets his teams out that way. Favre just does not understand what is required for top football. I have said this before.

It's so sad and you wonder why the team underachieves.