BL 05/06 R31 Borussia Dortmund - Nuremberg [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by jonam, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Borussia Dortmund - 1. FC Nürnberg 2:1 (1:1)

BVB: Gentenaar - Degen, Brzenska, Wörns, Dede - Kruska, Kringe - Sahin - Odonkor, Amoah, Smolarek

FCN: Schäfer - Reinhardt, Nikl, Cantaluppi, Wolf - Mnari - Polak, Banovic - Vittek, Schroth, Saenko

Substitution: 46th Metzelder for Brzenska, 67th Buckley for Amoah, 83th Caliskan for Sahin - 68th Lense for Wolf, 78th Kießling for Polak, 80th Glauber for Cantaluppi

Goals: 1:0 Kringe (18th, assist Dede), 1:1 Nikl (29th, corner kick Cantaluppi), 2:1 Kringe (78th, free kick Sahin)

Corner kicks: 9:4 (half time 4:2)

Chances: 9:3 (3:2)

Referee: Peter Gagelmann (Bremen)

Yellow cards: Brzenska, Kruska - Reinhardt, Wolf, Lense, Glauber

Attendance: 70.700

Weather: rainy, 11°C

Somehow strange match. We were definitely the better team but again our offense was horrible. Amoah, Smolarek and Amoah wasted some chances. And Kringe, who had an awful match IMHO, scored twice! Dede was my MOTM and even Degen showed a good performance.

What a pity that Leverkusen won at Hamburg, so that the 5th place is more or less out of reach. Still we can give Hertha a real battle for the UI Cup spot. They have to play Leverkusen next week, while we are on the road to Hanover.

2. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    seeing kringe on scoresheet makes me really happy and i hope he'll keep on scoring for us :rolleyes:

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    I was very critical towards Kringe over the last years (even when he was at Cologne), but at the moment he is vital to our game. And now he is also one to score some goals at least. We missed those goals from midfield (and from offense ;-).

4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Finally a three-pointer again!
    Though Borussia's chances to qualify for next season's UEFA Cup were small before the match against Nuremberg at home, the black-yellows have still hopes to finish on an UI Cup qualification spot. Showing a good performance, but again a lousy offence, Kringe with 2 goals was man of the match...

Source: http://www.schwatzgelb.com/redirect.php3?target=artikel.php3?welcher=1767

5. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    We're going to beat Leverkusen. So fight it out with Leverkusen for the UI spot. :)

6. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nope. At the end of the season it will be:

5. Leverkusen
    6. Dortmund
    7. Hertha

:cool:

7. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  8. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope for that, but we'd better get better at finishing and fast.

Seeing that finishing has been a problem since the late 90's, my hopes aren't great........

9. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Just back from a 12 great days in Germany. Thanks to those of you who recommended Dortmund as the place to catch a Bundeliga match. It was an entertaining match and a terrific venue. Even though we were only a few rows from the top of the West stand, the view was still great. The Sudtribune, in my opinion, is one of great sights in all of sports - the atmosphere those fans create is hard to describe. And of course, the easy availability of good beer is welcomed by any American sports fan who is used to being offered watered down Bud Light for $7 (although I'm sure that's true at any German stadium). I certainly hope to return some day.

10. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Hey, cool that you had an entertaining journey! Though I must admit that Dortmund is of course my favourite place, there are many great venues in Bundesliga, that are worth a visit. Still feel welcomed at Westfalenstadion anytime. ;-)