Bill would require helmets for school soccer players

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Matt in the Hat, Dec 15, 2005.

1. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I thought the infomercial was reasonably interesting as those things go, but I have also heard mixed things about whether they actually protect from head injuries. I guess it makes sense to wear one if there is a personal history of injuries--I don't think too many people have serious ones right off--it usually seems to be a serious problem after, say, 6 injuries. Anyway, I haven't ever had a concussion from playing, but I've given at least a half dozen, so I guess the lesson is to not play against me unless wearing a helmet.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who knows? Maybe in the long term the helmet law will help improve the quality of the posts in these boards. :D

3. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think it's more the fact you're still a Metro fan that proves you have brain damage

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the pussification of America's youth continues

4. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

Nah.

You think we'll be any brighter when we're 70?

5. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't reverse brain damage. Damnit, where's ITN when you need him to prove a point?

6. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    "If they're playing soccer..."

7. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    This idea stinks.

Seriously, count me in on the "pussification of Americas youth" camp.

Very typical. I have no problem with someone choosing to wear one, but making it mandatory is just plain stupid.

Just more ammo for the rest of the world to against us whne it comes to soccer.. ;)

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess you're right. It's hopeless for us. But maybe the new young posters whose head will not have been exposed to the ball will be the ones to turn this thing around.

9. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    [sarcasm]because they are better at deciding how you should live your life than you[/sarcasm]