BigSoccer Halo 2 clan

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by MikeLastort2, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That actually reminds me of Timesplitters 2. A mode called 'Virus'. At the start 1 person has the virus. When he touches someone, they also get the virus. Last person without the virus wins.

How do you set this up in Halo?

2. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    Thats exactly what i thought when it was explained to me :D

Not sure how to set it up as i wasnt the party leader. When a human is killed they have to manually change teams though.

3. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

that sounds like alot of fun

when is a good time for peoples??????

4. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm down for tonight. I'll be online sometime after 8PM PST. I'd like to try that Zombie game out.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I played last night for a bit. Wow this game has really evolved because of all the glitches.
    I actually like them, makes the game more strategic.

Glitches I am talking about are getting the flag through walls and floors.

6. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zombie game sounds sweet, I'll be able to play anytime from 9:00pm Thursday (actually probably Saturday morning because I'm planning on celebrating the end of semester thurs and friday nights) until after Martin Luther King day.

7. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'll probably be around tonight. Zombie game sounds like fun if someone knows how to set it up.

Is there anyway to set up a match and just get random people in? I'm so tired of playing slayer on Ivory Tower over and over again.

8. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly I don't have the engergy to go to the bars tonight, in the past 36 hours I've slept for about 6. So I'll probably be playing Halo until 2.

9. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ok, I ended up going out last night. I'll be around tonight though.

10. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I played for the first time yesterday (I managed to get Xbox Live to recognize my connection). If you need someone to kill sometime, my gamertag is "SixByNine 42".

Quango

11. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just set up an account at home for the next few weeks. It's SUPERMAN 151 so I'd appreciate a clan invite. We should try to get a few private games in this week with as many people as possible, I find that they can be much more enjoyable than ranked games, especially with custom rules.

12. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're an Overlord. Can't you do that yourself or does the invitation have to come from another user because of IP addresses?

13. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm on a different XBOX, so I don't have access to my other account.

14. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Haven't been playing much lately. The holidays will do that to ya. :)

15. Quango

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    If you have a general day/time in mind, let me know. If it's a custom game, I can bring a guest, right? Easier to justify playing when my fiancee or brother can play as well. Also, do most of you use the mic? Is it at all necessary or useful? Mostly, I'm hearing a lot of "I killed you!" from ten-year-olds. I'm on my 2 mos. free start-up subscription, so I don't have a mic. I'm not going to buy one if it's only worth is arguing with kids.

Quango (aka SixByNine 42)

16. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    romagol, if no one else has, I'll add your other gametag in.

Quango, the mic is a double-edge sword. You can talk to friends but you have to put up with immature strangers. I like having it because when BS Clan gets together and we're waiting for the server to hook us up to a game, we talk soccer and whatever else.

I've been playing Call of Duty multiplayer but I suppose I could take a break and play Halo 2 if anyone else is up for it. I'll be tonight sometime after 8PM PST.

17. irvine

irvine Member

Nov 24, 1998
    S. Portland, ME
    Any of you guys do the ilovebees thing?

18. Quango

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Thanks for the invite last night rokstedy. Sorry, I sucked at the BigTeam Battles. I hadn't played them much before, so I'm not well acquainted with the maps or some of the objectives (or the vehicles... kept driving into walls :D ). Hope to play again sometime.

19. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard about this. Did a Google search and found ilovebees.com was all whacked. Then found an IGN article about it. Rather uninteresting.

20. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all suck in the beginning. You'll get better. You did great in the Slayer w/ sword games. My preference is playing Big Team Battle, but I'm pretty much down to play anything. I forgot you were the one who didn't have the mic. What's your preferred matches?

21. Quango

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Some of the BTBs seem cool (i.e. land grab). I don't like the ones broken up into rounds of offense/defense. I could get used to them and probably enjoy them more if I learn the objectives and maps.

In slayer matches, I like there only being one weapon (e.g. all shotguns, rocket launchers, swords). Also King of the Hill and Fiesta Ball are fun too.

I may get a mic. Does everything you say get transmitted, or do you have to press the white button for anything to go out? Quango

22. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    With the white button pressed everyone on your team can hear you, as well as anyone else within a certain in-game range. When it isn't pressed only those within the range can hear you.

23. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's also a mute button on the mic itself if you don't want to transmit.

24. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm planning on playing some tonight if anyone is interesting in getting a clan match going on send me a message. My tag is aquavit.

25. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Hopefully my work schedule will lighten up a bit this month so I can get online and play more often.

I also bought the Logitech wireless controller, but the plug for the mic is where you plug the receiver in - it stays where the XBox itself is. So I need to either buy a long patch cord or fork over another $80.00 for the wireless Logitech XBox Live! microphone if I want to talk to other players online.