Biggest waste?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Spoon, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Walsh could make the practice squad for a Euro team?

My "flaming" of Walsh is not that he is not "that great of a player", but because he has played like crap for us when he is suppose to be an attacking midfielder. That means he should be getting plenty of assists and some goals. How many does he have for the Wizards? ZERO goals and ZERO assists. The fact that he was brought in to generate some offense. And hasn't done anything is the reason why I and probably why most other people on this boards give Diego "I'm freakin' crap" Walsh trouble.

2. Diego Pasley

Diego Pasley Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Lake Ozark, MO
    True, Walsh has not produced In the 16 minutes he has played! Great expectations make for great dissapointments.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey I have a secret for you. This isn't Diego's first season with the Wizards. He didn't produce anything last year either.

And I never had great expectations for Diego, I just expect him to produce a little.

4. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    If Diego Walsh could shoot like Jack Jewsbury, we'd have a MLS star.

In Walsh's defense, he'd probably look a lot more dangerous in somebody other than Gansler's system.

People can also see the ability in Diego, it just doesn't seem to translate into production in games. Speed of thought is more important than anything at this level, and my guess would be that's where he's most lacking.

5. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Let's go ahead and make that 1,316 minutes in his MLS career, and his grand total of ONE goal and ZERO assists. 704 minutes for the Wizards without notching a point. For an attacking midfielder who was a highly touted first-round draft pick, that's pitiful. Dare I say, "worthless" even.

For chrissakes, he's got more career caution points than he does MLS points.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, doesn't Bo even have at least 1 point in the past 2 seasons?

7. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Haha... he very well might. I'll have to look it up.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he picked one up on opening day with a second assist. I can't remember which of the 3 goals it was on though.

9. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    He did in fact have an assist on Wolff's goal.

So Bo has 1 point more than Diego Walsh does over the last two seasons. ;)