Biggest waste?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Spoon, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it is alot to ask of the HSG but could someone please tell me why we haven't ditched the worthless piece of poo named Diego " I will always be crap" Walsh?

What is he on his last year of his contract and we just cut him now and bedone with him? I am sure Chivas could use him.

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Does he speak Spanish? I'm guessing he speaks Portuguese and English.

3. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He would just be like the rest of their midfielders non-existent.

4. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You can't waive an injured player.

5. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WTF injured???? Let me guess, he fell down carring groceries up the steps at home?

6. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was suited up and on the bench last night though...

7. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    He was not on the roster last night so I think he's still out.

8. wizardsfan23

wizardsfan23 New Member

Dec 25, 2004
    I don't know why no one is supportive of Diego Walsh!!!! I know he dosn't play much at all but he is a really nice guy who just needs some support!

My friends and I went to see him at Dairy Queen and we were the only ones there. He was sad because he didn't think that the Wizards had any fans. We told him that we were fans of his and he has told us repeatedly after games, "Thanks for the support." All these guys need are some really fired up fans who support the whole team not just a few of them.

9. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Because he's freaking crap?!

He's still out with "athletic pubaglia" or something like that...

10. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a couple of shots of penicillin will clear that up.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was a case of pussidus ;)

12. wizardsfan23

wizardsfan23 New Member

Dec 25, 2004
    Okay I see that we all have very different views on different players. So I'll just keep my views of supporting the whole team while you guys keep yours.

I didn't mean to upset anyone by defending one of the players.

13. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    players who don't perform are easy targets on this board... players are people too and too often we forget that... thanks for supporting him, wizardsfan23...

14. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    I'm not going to support him just because "he's a person."

The fact is: he's a professional soccer player and is taking up valuable roster/cap space and is fvcking worthless on the pitch... that opens him up to criticism. Should we ignore those facts simply because "he's a person?"

Alright, the next time you criticize your boss, or your government officials (Read: dumbass of a President), or your wife, or your brother, or whoever else, be sure to check yourself because "they're a person." :rolleyes:

The guy has been in the league for two full seasons now (this is his third). He has a grand total of TWO POINTS in his MLS career!!! One lousy goal and ZERO assists. ZERO goals or assists for the Wizards.

He's supposed to be an attacking/creative midfielder or a forward. What he really is, is a waste of a roster/SI spot.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Players who don't perform are targets in any sport, not just on these boards, and it's because more is expected of them then what they are doing. Like Chad said, I'm not gonna give him an easier time because he's a person.

16. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Thought I'd come back here and say this again, just to make sure I get this point across:

ZERO goals or assists for the Wizards! Only ONE goal in his career! TWO lousy points!

worthless.

17. misterbean17

misterbean17 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Fayetteville, NC
    Diego Walsh is terrible

Put Jewsbury on the field

18. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Okay, but you know those two things have nothing to do with one another right? :)

19. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    what the hell was he doing carrying groceries upstairs? I'm sure his kitchen was on the first floor.

20. DownSouth

DownSouth New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Maybe a little off topic, but Misterbean started it :)

Can anyone explain (realistically) wht Jewsbury is not getting more PT? Seems to me that he makes things happen and gets results when in - I would love to se him get more that 15-20 minutes/game.....

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The main reason I think is that Gansler likes him as a second half spark of offense which is why he hasn't been starting. Just a guess.

22. SnowyAruba

SnowyAruba New Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin, TX

I believe Gansler has stated that he was not satisfied with Jewsbury's defensive contribution, which wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason he has been on the bench a lot this season.

Personally, I like Walsh, I think he brings something a little different to the team, but he doesn't work hard enough to be on the field. I don't think he is terrible, but he isn't really the guy we want playing the positions he does. Might be time for him to go.

23. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    I will pick you up by your collar and drag you across that rail like we're in a Western movie!

:D

(sorry folks, a bit of an inside-joke that started with me complaining about Diego Walsh and how worthless he is)

24. misterbean17

misterbean17 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Fayetteville, NC
    But Jewsbury is our "designated goal-scorer"

We can't just use our "dgs" all the time

25. Diego Pasley

Diego Pasley Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Flaming 90% of the players in MLS because they don't score or are not that great is kind of pointless. A majority of the players in MLS just are not good enough to play in one of the big leagues. Bottom line, Walsh may not be great, but Jewsbury would be lucky to make the practice squad on most euro teams. Looks to me like MLS can't win...new fans don't think soccer is exciting enough and fans of the game don't think MLS is a quality product. Talk about having more expected of you than what you can provide...it's a league wide problem, not a Walsh problem.