Big Turnout Here; How's By You?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Peretz48, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    In all the years I've lived in Santa Monica, this year's election has, by far, the biggest turnout. I'm hearing similar stories from other parts of the country. Sounds like it might bode well for Kerry, although with the usual dirty tricks at polling places in Ohio and elsewhere, it's too close to call.

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
  3. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Big turnout in Georgia, but the outcome is hardly in doubt.

4. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Checked out a few polling places around Baltimore County - rarely a line out the door ... but it could have been different this morning I guess.

5. mattie g

mattie g Member

Nov 12, 1999
    Northern VA
    Lines were unreal in DC. I was on the bus to work and every polling place had lines wrapping around the block (one line had to have had at least 250 people in line).

Pretty impressive, astually, though the outcome is also not in doubt in DC...

6. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Same here, unreal how long the lines were...
    The wait was between 1.5 to 2 hours!
    Again, there is no way Texas can swing, so.... its rather pointless as far as democrats are concerned... maybe help thier fight in recognizing a popular vote instead of the electoral system? who knows.

7. suppitty

suppitty Member

Mar 15, 2004
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have never seen my polling place have lines at 10 am, but there were this year, and maryland isn't even a contested state.

8. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I had virtually no line at all. Ten minutes max. Usually, I wait at least 1 hour and sometimes 2+. I was a little perplexed as to why the lines were so short. Of course, I went at 1pm when typically I would go in later afternoon (3pm) or evening (6pm).

9. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Maybe the rest of the militia was in Detroit trying to suppress the minority vote?

10. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Of course, it's just as possible that voter turnout is much higher among Republicans this year as well.

Turnout is reportedly high all over the country, including heavily Republican areas. I don't think that the increased turnout will carry the same benefit for Dems as it normally would, honestly.