Big Sale at MLSGear.com

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by AlecW81, Feb 15, 2010.

1. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this in the main forum and figured some of you don't venture there too often.

MLSGear.com is selling all of their old stock at half-price (or lower) with Buy One Get One Free deals as well. I just picked up a white authentic personalized LS, white authentic personalized SS, black authentic ss, and another white authentic ss for just a little over $100 total.

I'm sure sizes are going quickly. Black authentic LS were only available in Small, and since I already own one in that size (with it's impossibly small neck hole) I didn't see the need to double up there. The rest were all at least available in medium. Some of the training suits were only available in XL and XXL.

2. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    I am not going to say that the information isn't appreciated, but don't let the subversives of the world lead you to believe some other Bigsoccer page is the "main forum"

By the way, Alec, I'll bring the graham crackers if you can get someone to bring the chocolate.

3. CrimsonChin00

CrimsonChin00 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got scammed the last time I went to MLS Gear.

4. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scammed?

How so?

5. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    MLSGear has a rather long track record of botching orders... over charging, never shipping items, taking months to ship. I am sure others can expound on this.

6. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've ordered twice from MLS Gear. Once (the first time) the order was fulfilled perfectly. The second time, they lost my order (twice) and took several weeks to ship once they figured out what the problem was.

My impression was that it had more to do with incompetence than an attempt to scam.

7. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This becomes crystal clear if you actually talk to them on the phone.

I was informed by someone in the know that the reason for this is because it is run by a contractor who has nothing to do with MLS. And tha's a rather poor decision by the league, because it reflects VERY POORLY on the league for casual fans who try to buy gear.

If my wife wasn't married to me, she probably wouldn't have ever watched an MLS game again after her attempt to buy some things for me from there. It was apparent that they didn't care about the product, or her, and the rep even LAUGHED at her when she got upset about the order being lost twice and having to go ONLINE (not by phone) to place the order again that she had already been charged for-- I just gave her Nathan's number at DCU and we never looked back.

8. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "What? You're saying you tried to purchase soccer gear on our site ma'am? That's got to be some sort of mistake right there. We only sell American sporting goods."

9. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should turn over operations of MLSgear to Nathan and United.

10. Lord Batu

Lord Batu Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like the clubs more interested in pleasing their customers are bringing those types of options in-house. DCU teamstore has been great since coming on line, but I gotta admit I couldn't resist rolling the dice on a couple pairs of buy one get one free shorts for my daughter and I through MLS gear today. Price was just unbeatable. Hopefully the stuff will actually show up...
    :D

11. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    That's where rolling the dice comes in. :p

12. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on what I've read on BigSoccer over the last few years, I would never place an order from MLSGear.com

13. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife placed an order for me last year or the year before and everything showed up fine. About 3 months later we received a later saying that they may have lost her credit information and that we should be aware of any unusual charges. We canceled that card and nothing bad happened but damn that could have sucked. Since that time have placed at least two orders with Nathan and the store and both times no problems and quick shipping. Yeah DCU Merchandising Crew.

14. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took advantage of the big Adidas sale through DCU, and now I'm taking advantage of this one. I should be getting both of my non-personalized SS jerseys tomorrow. The personalized ones won't ship for a few more days.

15. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Alec,

Be sure to let us know how it works out. I am hoping you can buck the trend!

16. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly the 2 custom jersey's shipped today, and the other 2 should be here tonight.