Big Night for the Crocketteers!!

Discussion in 'Crocketteers' started by CagedMonky, Jun 6, 2009.

1. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    http://www.crocketteers.com/2009/06/06/big-night-for-the-crocketteers/

by Sergio Macias (ChexMex on BigSoccer)

2. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    The game is gonna be shown again tonight at midnight (Sat. 12:00am) on "Fox Soccer en Espanol"

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sounds like a great experience. You mentioned you spoke to Austin's ownership. Aren't they the ones that said on radio a few weeks ago "San Antonio is in for 2010"? Did you follow up with them about that? Good stuff.

5. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    I made mention to Adrian Heath about what he said on the radio. He wouldn't elaborate on the subject other than tell his buddies including the Battery GM about San Antonio, how its just down the interstate, and the population base would be great for soccer. I could tell he was genuine when eluded to the thought that SA would succeed as a soccer city.

The Aztex brass was busy having a good time entertaining the Battery brass. With their family there, I knew it would be difficult to try and get them to talk shop.

The good news is they were aware that 11 of us from SA made the trip to support soccer. I believe they knew of our presence be for we were formally introduced to them by mgrayscale and violetcrown of Chantico's Army.

Great experience and I raise my glass to Matthew, Eric, James, Sergio, & Steve from Chantico's Army. If I forgot anyone, I apologize.

"Victory or Death!" (need a spanish one too!)

6. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    http://www.crocketteers.com/2009/06/07/my-first-live-soccer-game/

Sam's experience...