Big League Game- HELP

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by GROVESHSCOACH, Oct 21, 2005.

1. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    OK

I am #1 and playing the #2 team this week. I am playing at his place and therefore he will have the MF advantage. We both train PM and have roughly the same type teams. I am pulling 145 HS at home and 137 HS away. I will most likely get a poor very high or weak very low to his weak low or weak high.

I play him again at my place in 3 weeks should I wait and MOTS then? Whoever comes out of these two games will be the winner.

ME: Groves Falcons (223945)

HIM: No Names (71184)

Series: VI.258

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you have games between the two matchups that you can PIC?

3. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yes I will PIC both games in between

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    than in that case MOTS them both, if this is all that matters in your Div..

5. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    I had heard that the second MOTS is not as useful. Would it be a good idea to wait until the home game to MOTS? The third place team which I already beat 3-1, and he tied 1-1, I play again in the last week. That is a game I usually MOTS.

Also my TS is at content right now, if I MOLTS this game with two PIC's and a poor coach would my TS be high enough?

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not always good to MOTS the second if you are back to back MOTSing, that's why we asked if you had PIC games inbetween. If you can recover your TS between the two times you play this guy, you can still do good with the MOTS.

I don't know though if the poor coach would give you the recovery you needed though.

7. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    Any suggestions on formations? I play a 3-5-2. Should I use two CD or a balanced defense. Also I usually run two offensive wingers. Both are solid one has inad passing and inad PM the other has pass Pm. Should I use one of my excellent backup IM's as a wing to mid?

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    hmm, tough call. I'd say if there was any debate than MOTS the road game of the two as at home you'll always play better.

But I think you can do both...MOTS now at Content, TS gets cut down to between furious/irritated. After 2 PICS see where you stand.

So MOTS this road one, you'll extend your div lead and maybe wont need to MOTS the second time.

9. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I checked out his team a bit, seems like he just made 2 sales for a total of 700K or so. Watch to see if he makes any purchases that will alter his ratings. That said mind his RW attack so certainly play a LB. If your MOTSng I'd stick with the 2 offensive wingers as your 3 IMs should win possession.

10. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you will be good with the Poor coach. At content and you MOTS, you will drop to as low as a high-furious TS and may even get to low-irritated by the next match (w/o an ogre). If you have 2 PIC's behind this, you could be back to Calm on the 2nd MOTS.

I did something similar to this last season on a Poor coach, but Normal'd instead of 2nd MOTS. Had Calm TS on the Normal.

11. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan

Are you sure I will win possession. He has been sandbagging all of his league matches. He never plays his good mids. He already pulls two levels higher than me in midfield. How much of a boost will I get Motsing?

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    sorry I didnt look deep enough to realize he was sandbagging matches. His TS could be real high then. So MOTS and take one of your WTM. You should get at least a full level boost in midfield. That should get the possession at least close enough to share the chances pretty evenly.

13. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    If your coach has high poor leadership, you should be okay MOTS'ing both games. If he's low poor, then you might want to wait to MOTS.

Did you buy him recently (within the past 16 weeks or so)? If so, you should be good to MOTS twice. Or if he used to have weak leadership, how long has it been since he fell to poor? If it's been less than a season, you should be good. But if he's been at poor leadership for a long time you may just want to PIC this week and MOTS later.

All that leadership talk aside, though, if you think you can beat everyone else in the league I'd MOTS twice and not worry about it. He's dropped two points already while you have a perfect record, so even if you split the games you're in good shape. If you can MOTS twice and beat him twice, you'll be at least 8 points clear of him, meaning you could even afford a few draws or losses late in the season.

14. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan

Do I play one of my solid wingers WTM or use an excellent IM in inad form with head specialty

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    midfield calculator

have you tried this midfield calculator? you can set it for normal and then again on MOTS to estimate how much of a boost you'll get. it's a very useful tool, imo.

16. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    That Midfield Calculator Rocks. It really helps with WTM decisions. Based on its calculations:

Normal, No WTM, AWAY, TS Calm: Weak Very Low

Normal, WTM, Away, TS Calm: Weak High

MOTS, No WTM, Away, TS Calm: Weak Very High

MOTS, WTM, Away, TS Calm: Inadequate Low

Everything is raised one level for TS at content which is what I have now. I just was not sure if it would fall before the game.

17. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is one more update before league matches tomorrow night. Daily updates and after Competitive matches are when TS updates happen.

Check TS after the Econ updates tonight. It will not move, unless transfers happen, afterwards.

18. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Hattrick Organizer can do all of this too, and some more :)

19. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    I would like to thank everyone for their help.

I won my big game and that leaves me 5 points clear in first.

Just to show you how important midfield is.

My HS were 150 and his were 145 and I beat him 5-2, he only got two chances.

His attack was awesome. He had a passable center attack!

20. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Mostly, it shows how crappy Hatstats are, or how much more accurate Loddarstats...