Big Curving

Discussion in 'Player' started by fatdanny99, Feb 4, 2005.

1. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    I'm trying to improve my ball curve. What is the best way to do it? Where should kick the ball or what partof my foot do i use?

2. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    Use your instep and step through on the ball. I can't really explain it online but there are probably some videos on Kazaa you could get to help you out.

3. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Okay! I'm not very good at inside foot swerves but I'm doing pretty well on outside foot swerves, though. The secret of kicking the ball with outside is approaching to the ball from the right side and hiting its left side (if you are right-footed). When you approach to the ball swing your leg back and turn the toes of your kicking towards your other leg. Hit the ball with the area around your little toe and give it a good follow-through. You may also try to land on your kicking foot, that sure helps the shot to stay low and possibly will give an extra curve. But anyways these all are basic things, the only way you can fix this is practicing :) .

4. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    For the inside of the foot curls there are a few things you can work on.

The run up - this can be personal preference but I generally go almost parallel to the goal if it's a free kick.

Standing foot - I found my foot was too far away from the ball. I plant it fairly close now (like a foot away) and point my foot towards the 'target'

Actual kick - if you feel on your foot where the big toe meets the rest of your foot (the equivilent to your knuckles but on your foot); that is where you should be kicking with.

Follow through - this affects how your kick goes. A long high follow through makes it go really high for example.

If you are right footed you should be aiming to kick the bottom right of the ball and it feels like your foot goes round the ball as much as it goes through. With a bit of practise with this in mind you should be able to pick it up.

5. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    on the dead ball try to hit the needle valve.
    not the most curve, but it waits and curves at just the perfect time

6. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    did you read that in eurosport? me and my buds tried it and it actually works. Crazy. The ball stays like 4 inches off the ground the whole shot. I shot it from the corner of the 18 and it curled straight into the corner of the back of the net.

7. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    yea
    i heard of it before that though but i still cant bend it for crap
    but thats me

8. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    yeah its pretty hard to curve it. it took me a few tries, but if you align the valve at kind of an angle and then kick it, it'll bend like crazy. it's awesome once you get the hang of it

9. PSsoccer123

PSsoccer123 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    What is the needle valve? Why would kicking the ball there be any different than kicking anywhere else on the ball? Please explain

10. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    the needle valve is where you put the needle of an air pump in to pump air into the ball. I guess if you kick it there, the needle goes in and the air compresses, which affects the swerve in the shot. I was skeptical when i heard about it but i tried it and it worked. Pretty cool stuff

11. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    i can curve a ball very good with my instep and outstep but how do you put a heavy curve on it ie ..when r.carlos cranks em and they go kinda stright then curve at the last second??

12. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    hit the needle valve when you kick it. it delays the curve alot. Takes a bit of practice but once you get good at it its nearly unstoppable

13. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    So basically you hit the ball right on the spot where the niddle goes into?

14. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    i think thats what he means :cool:

15. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I never take corners, but I took a couple yesterday in a scrimmage after reading this thread. I didn't pay attention to the needle hole, but I did watch the Beckham dvd the night before as a reminder on what he does and gave it a shot.
    One of the things Becks does, and nobody has mentioned, is start his run up parallel to the goal.
    Alternately, if you are taking a corner this means you start your run up along the sideline. I did this on my second kick.
    On my first kick I was about 15 degrees off the ball for the run up.
    Of course I kicked it way too hard, but I did hit it with my instep which made all the difference.
    The ball sailed high and just behind the goal line, but then curved back in past the far post. Pretty damn cool to watch from my perspective, but the people in the box couldn't judge it at all.
    For the second kick I lined up like Becks, and hooked it right into the middle of the penalty area. The ball not only curved in the air but dipped as well.
    I'm sure with practice I could get it down. but its nice to see that it works even without alot of practice.

16. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    kick it into a strong wind :)