Big 12 2020-21

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by superpoke, Sep 11, 2020.

1. ACrom

ACrom Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Apr 10, 2020
    Tough game for Oklahoma. They were as good as Kansas State if not better but just wasn’t good enough around the goal.

2. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Oklahoma sucks. The athletes on the team don’t suck but the coaching is making them suck right now. I’m sure as time goes on it will get better as Carr can’t be that bad of a coach they just suck just now. Oklahoma represent 2020 right now because they suck.

Soccerguy1022 and Wildcatter repped this.
  3. 2233soccer

2233soccer Member

United States
    Sep 13, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree - There is talent there but something seems off, no coordination and not much of a plan. Could it be that he really is that bad of a coach?

4. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don’t think he can be that bad with his background. Maybe he’s building a style that will make them a lot better in 2021 but right now they are a mess. I personally believe K State have more of a mess in regards to the coaching.

5. Gryphons Dad

Gryphons Dad Member

California Storm
    Oct 2, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Anyone know why Matt Potter left? I didn't seem like OU was having issues and his departure was quite sudden

6. 2233soccer

2233soccer Member

United States
    Sep 13, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that is probably the way he is selling it to the AD. I do wish there were some out of conference games going on. Not sure how you can tell how good any one team is when it is only in conference matches. I guess when teams go to the championship matches in the Spring it will be more obvious

7. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Potter was let go from OU. He didn’t leave because he wanted to

8. ACrom

ACrom Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Apr 10, 2020
    Yes, if he only had few more years at San Francisco and US Youth National Team, he would have done really well.

PoptartKing repped this.
  9. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Ill wait a few years before I judge Carr on his success or failure at OU. It can be tough taking over a program. The players may not fit his style. Gotta give him a year or 2 to get some recruits in.

10. ACrom

ACrom Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Apr 10, 2020
    I didn’t watch any of his teams with San Francisco or YNT. What is his style??

11. upprv

upprv Member

Aug 4, 2004
    losing lots of games and then getting a job promotion.

ytrs and Wildcatter repped this.
  12. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    that's a hell of a style!

13. Texas Futbol

Texas Futbol Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 10, 2020
  14. Texas Futbol

Texas Futbol Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 10, 2020
  15. 2233soccer

2233soccer Member

United States
    Sep 13, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looking at the remainder of the schedule there seems to be only two questions left - Will TCU or West Virginia walk away with a win in their last game and secure 1st place in Big 12 and is it possible for Oklahoma to win at least one game for the season? OU has three more chances. Looking at the scores for the past few games they sound close but in looking at the stats/highlights it doesn't seem the close score reflects the actual game.

16. superpoke

superpoke Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    The busy season at work really takes away from keeping up with threads!

Should be a good one Friday night for the title. I think West Virginia is the better team, but TCU gets to host the match and has had a lot of luck on their side, especially the last two games.

Oklahoma State gets to sit and be angry Friday. They had three weeks of substandard play, but in the end, it's going to be five bad minutes against TCU that keep the Cowgirls from a shot at a share of the title.

I do wonder if the conference will decide to have a tournament if the spring season goes ahead as planned...this year would provide a great one, I think. And both Iowa State and Kansas State would be in position to make it, which is just stunning.

Right now, Texas Tech is on track to have the worst performance in conference history by a preseason pick to win the league. That's incredible from Tom Stone's team.

I know Oklahoma is bad, but they should have beaten Tech and the only team that's put an emphatic victory on the scoreboard against OU is K-State. Bad, yet also schizo. What a strange season in Norman.

LeftyMac repped this.
  17. Texas Futbol

Texas Futbol Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 10, 2020
  18. Texas Futbol

Texas Futbol Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 10, 2020
  19. AtypicalSoccerMom

AtypicalSoccerMom New Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final United Soccer Coaches rankings are out, and four Big 12 teams made the list. I'm not sure OSU and KU would have made the list with the other conferences participating, maybe with nonconference games. At least we had games to watch this fall! Hopefully, there will be more in the Spring.

TCU - 3
    WVU - 4
    OSU - 12
    KU - 15

Texas Futbol repped this.
  20. Texas Futbol

Texas Futbol Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 10, 2020
    Spring schedules for Big 12 soccer coming soon!

21. superpoke

superpoke Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    #71 superpoke, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Oklahoma State's spring slate is out. Pretty regional, as would be expected with the health situation, but that's not really going to help any rankings or metrics. But, the Cowgirls did hook a big fish - Notre Dame is scheduled to visit Stillwater for the first time since an Elite Eight clash in 2010. OSU will also have rematches with TCU in Fort Worth and Oklahoma at home if all goes well.

https://okstate.com/news/2021/1/13/womens-soccer-cowgirl-soccer-releases-spring-schedule.aspx

22. 2233soccer

2233soccer Member

United States
    Sep 13, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see that NC State, Vandebilt and Oklahoma State have games posted but does anyone heard if the rest of the SEC. ACC and Big 12 will be playing a full schedule of spring games?

23. superpoke

superpoke Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Any spring season for Kansas is going to be markedly different than the fall; Ceri Holland has signed for Liverpool.

AtypicalSoccerMom repped this.
  24. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not know about a full schedule, but most of the teams will be playing at least some Spring games. The ACC has an overall 20-21 limit per team of 16 games but not counting conference tournament games.

25. Texas Futbol

Texas Futbol Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 10, 2020