Betis Tickets

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Luke_mullet, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Luke_mullet

Luke_mullet New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    I want to come from england and see Betis Vs Barcelona in September but ive been told you cant buy tickets for Betis against Barcelona or Madrid. Does anyone know why?

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As I mentioned in the PM to you, these two games and the derby the extra tickets are usually offered to the season ticket holders.

Viva Er Beti

El Pichi

3. terrywilson

terrywilson Member

May 3, 1999
    Atlanta Ga.
    My brother inlaw was able to get two tickets about 7 years ago to Betis-Barca in March so it is not impossible. You may have to buy from scalpers out on the street the day of the match. Betis Bueno..

4. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what you get with Betis fans. Neither one can say "welcome to BigSoccer". Well, I welcome you to BigSoccer, and suggest you run from the Ugly Green as fast as possible. ;)

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    QDog I know that Sr Benavente is desperate to get more socios, has he now enlisted the help of Sevillistas on Big Soccer? ;)

Qdog I am still confused can you help me on this one, when is Sevillas Centennial? Wasn't it last year but since Betis beat them in the standings, ended their 8 year derby drought and is the first Andalucian team in the CL, I guess that Sr Benavente says it's this coming season. What will happen when we finish ahead of you guys this year? :D

Viva Er Beti and yes Luke_Mullet welcome to Big Soccer!

El Pichi

6. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our centenial is like my birthday. It stops on a easy to remember number until the club decides it's time to move on. Stay tuned. :D

7. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    Hmm.. you haven't qualified yet, but good luck against Monaco.

8. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    It looks like I'm going to be in Sevilla on Easter Sunday. I've seen that Betis is playing Celta Vigo that day and I'd really like to see their game. How can you get tickets? Can you get them on line? Also, I'm having trouble figuring out what time of day the games is being played. Any hints.

P.S. I was in Seville in the 90s and I'll never forget the wonderful chat I had with a shop keeper who was a Betis fan. He gave me a Betis key chain after we talked about Tabare Ramos, a US player who played for Betis when it was in the Second Division.

Any assitance on my ticket question would be much appreciated.

9. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Tickets for that game will go on sale 2 days before the match at the stadium. With Holy week that week, there should not be any problems getting tixs to that match as Celta is not a big name and many folks will be out of town that weekend and will not go see the match. I imagine that tix will cost you the following: 35-60 Euros depending on where you are sitting:

If you get to the match early hit the bars behind and to the right of the stadium such as the Vina, el Avelino which is where the Beticos congregate before and after the match to have their cubalibres, Whiskeys and cruzcampos.

Try the week before you are going to Sevilla going onto the Betis homepage:

realbetisbalompie.es

Once in there click on the left side where it says: "Cartel Proximo Partido" and on that page it will list the days that the ticket office is open and the prices of the tix.

Spanish football changes the days and times of the games like some of the girls I used to know in College changed their outfits ---often. TV and CL/UEFA matches dictate all of this. usually by April the matches will be played later in the day due to the heat, 1800, 1900 hrs. If the match gets moved up to Saturday due to Easter Sunday it will be a 2100 or 2200 match.

They do not sell tickets on line because that is something only clubs with both feet in the 21st century do, please do not forget that Don Manuel is a 20th century man who does not believe in computers, having all ticket windows open for ticket purchase so that fans don't have to wait for hours in the hot Sevilla sun to buy tickets, utilizing all the entrance ways into the stadium and having all available gate ushers on hand so that you don't get to your seat in the 20th minute of the first half. Remember the phrase "Why should I spend a dime to improve the Betis supporters football experience when that costs money and the Betis supporters are like sheep they will do whatever I say"!! :mad:

Viva Er Beti y Don Manuel Fraude Presidencial

Er Pichi

10. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know Jimbo, you could go to see the Sevilla B match that weekend. You would get a higher quality football then the Ugly Green, at a nicer field in Montequinto, from an organization that treats you with respect and not like a sheep. ;)

PS: Good luck to your Ugly Green, Pichi. May Dani get a meaningful hat trick this week, one that gets your God awful team three points. He take his overdue injury next weekend.

11. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Pichi

Many thanks for the information. I hope they don't move the game to Saturday. I arrive in Seville on Easter Sunday. I'll root for Betis for you.

Jimbo

P.S. So you're not too crazy about management, eh?

12. MillerLite

MillerLite New Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    I bought tickets to Real Betis versus Sevilla on game day last May. I was SURE that such a rivalry game would be sold out, but about 2 hours before they went on sale, there was nobody in line. I was the fifth person there. Just walk up to the gate by the ticket office and ask around. As an American, I'm used to having to camp out for tickets all the time. I guess in Spain, they don't worry about it so much. A huge crowd of people showed up about an hour and a half before the tickets went on sale, but like I said, I was already at the front of the line. Beware of line jumpers and get ready to RUN to the ticket booth. Literally, you will be running to the booth. Hilarious.

13. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That only happens when the Ugly Green play a quality side, like Real Madrid or Sevilla. After all, even Beticos like to see quality futbol sometimes.;)