Betis loses again, and I fear...

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Fiorentina lives!, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    ...they are a serious candidate for going down to the 2nd division. First, the ridicule against Espanyol. Now they lose a 2-1 lead in 9 minutes (own goal to boot) and lose to Osasuna.

I fear this team is very weak. Serra Ferrer will not end the season.

They better get their $#!+ together...

(BTW, although my nickname is Fiorentina lives!, Betis is one of my fave teams also)

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I think you are over-reacting. Betis will get their sh!t straight. I have faith. Remember that Osasuna is a tuff team. They won at Deportivo last week. Now they hosted Betis, what did you expect??

Don't worry, Betis will come together. There is a lil' something called PRIDE. That alone will get them going. I will agree w/ you that it needs to happen now. The toughest part of the schedule is about to come around. First Bilbao, then Deportivo, Valencia, & Real Madrid. If Betis can secure 6 or more points from this 4 matches, then it would be a start. If not, it will be a long, dreadful season. Also, 3 of the four matches are at home.

3. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    My worry comes not only for the bad start in 04-05...

... But the ending last year... Betis went on a downswing...

Oh, well, they better get their act together.

4. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of this afternoon they are close to mid table. They'll play in Europe next season ! :cool:

5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Remember, 6 points in their next four matches. That can be doable. Now they are halfway there. More the merrier :D

6. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Quick question...where is Denilson?

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    He is still there, but he is the first sub in every match. I don't know why, but that is the way things go.

8. Sevillista

Sevillista New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Sevilla, Spain
    He´s still injured. I don´t know when will he play. :confused:

9. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: Betis hangin on

Now that four match stretch is over & Betis got 7 points. I felt they could have done better, especially vs. Madrid.....
    Now I will root for Valencia for a day, to defeat sumbag seville [​IMG]

10. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Well, this thread was in vain. Currently Betis is unbeaten in their last 7 matches. They will host Barca next round at El Estadio Ruiz de Lopera. Vamo Betis!!!

11. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Of course it was and that is why I didn't take the bait! :cool:

Serra Ferrer's influence is starting to show but the team still needs to score some more goals if they are going to make a run for a UEFA slot. Oliveira will be playing against Barca so that is a plus!

viva er beti manque lopera!

Pichi

12. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is dated 11/06 from tribalfootball.com

Real Betis president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera has revealed he believes Joaquin is more likely to join Chelsea than Real Madrid if he is to leave the club.

"I have the feeling that if we transferred him, he is going to finish at another club that, is not perhaps Real Madrid," said Lopera, "because we have had offers that perhaps Madrid cannot match.

"And at any day in the future, I could answer Chelsea with a 'yes'."

What a prick this guy is.

13. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    Please everyone stop quoting tribal football. Stop even going there.

14. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, but CARLOS1 is right, Lopera is a real prick. He's also the best thing that's happened to Sevilla FC in a long, long time. :D

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah just ask Gayardo about pricks!! :cool:

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

Pichi

16. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: Betis loses again...huh...que???

excuse me, but how many matches has Betis lost since this thread was started???

17. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: Betis loses again...huh...que???

One match Betis-Espanyol 1-4 the day of or after the post, the but they have not lost a match in the last 11 games they have played including the Copa del Rey. The streak began in week 4 when they beat At. Bilbao 2-1, so that's 9 league matches (17 points) and 2 copa wins (Alcala and Cadiz). The teams include, such light weights as Barca, Madrid, Valencia, Depor and Levante.

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

Pichi

18. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    12 matches in a row without a loss after todays match and more importantly they are now ahead based on goal differential of their cross town rivals whose name I can not mention or my computer will get a virus:

Er Beti 2 Villareal 1

1-0 Oliveira 19'
    2-0 Oliveria 29'
    2-1 Guayre 53'

3 more weeks until the derby!

Viva Don Lorenzo Serra Ferrer y Er Beti manque lopera!

Pichi

19. JimmieLivealot

JimmieLivealot New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Any word on when Denilson may come back. Him, Joaquin, and Olivera will make a blistering attack.

20. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Who needs Deni he's fat, he's overpaid and he's a lost cause!

viva er beti manque lopera!

Pichi

21. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I read something on Marca a couple of weeks ago & he sounded pumped to return to play. Here's a link I found on
    servifutbol.com
    . This isn't the story I had orginally read, but it was dated on 10/29/04 & it claims he should be ready in a month. Well that time is now, but I just read Don Lorenzo has him on the training pitch again after having his knee scoped & is geared to return in January. This link was from Yahoo via the Europa Press today. I just know when I play him on FIFA 2K4, it's better to sell for the big bucks & settle w/ someone like Demarcus Beasley or Leroy (then @ PSG now @ Lens). More bang for your buck if you know what I mean. He is a lot flash, but I don't know about the results. Right now, Betis doesn't need him. They are doing find w/out him. What is it now, 12 straight unbeaten streak in Spain. That's Incredible. Right now Betis is the hottest club in Spain. Add the fact they only have to worry about Copa del Rey, hell they could qualify for a Champion's League spot. Vamo Betis!!! :D

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Ok I got a bit carried away. All good things must come to an end. However, Sevilla fans don't get your panties bunched up yet. You still have to deal w/ the VerdeBlancos [​IMG]

23. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
  24. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    I feel sorry for the guy, he's been holding out for his preferred move to Madrid for so long. I think he'll take any offer at the moment just to get CL football.

25. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Don't worry Mad, he'll be fine. As he said the other day "all players want to go to Chelsea".