Best Young Japanese Talents

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Luislb10, Oct 26, 2007.

1. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yuji Ono likely to start for Yokohama vs Gamba tomorrow...

2. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's true, but if you look around the world, there are some CM's that have been touted as the next big thing, or a great talent. Like Ki-Sung-Yong. He's still 21, and Manchester United been at him since he was 19. And Francesc Fabregas, and etc. I know they aren't in their prime, but at least we know of them.

The only good young CM I know of is probably Naoki Yamada, but I'd define him more of a CAM.

3. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ki's been pretty mediocre at Celtic. He's on the verge of going the way of Koki and languishing on the bench and in the reserves.
    They've already signed Juarez and looks like they're bringing in an Israeli CM. Add in that they'll never drop Brown, no matter how mediocre he is, and I can't see him being more than a squad player at this point.

4. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At 21 no player is a bust. I hope Celtic are looking at him as a long term prospect and arrange a loan for him. I'd rather see him get full minutes with a lower division club rather than languish with periodic playing stints and cameo appearances off the bench.

5. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If they loan him then they can't use him for marketing. He and Chaminator are the only Asian players on the side now, and let's be serious -- for Celtic, this does have a lot to do with preserving their Asian connection.
    I wouldn't say he's a bust, but I think a lot of Celtic fans will be less than thrilled they spent money on him at this point. I didn't watch the CL Qualifier they just lost 3-0 to Braga, but I saw Ki played and enabled the first goal via penalty.
    It turns out they did sign Kayal, whose a real hard-tackling CM. He and Juarez are the kind of players I can see slotting straight into midfield in SPL. SPL is their kind of game. That makes 3 legitimate CMs that play more how Lennon wants to play (hard and boss midfielder around). Considering their coach was a hard-tackling DM in the same mold... I think Ki's days are numbered.
    Even if they want a more "fluid" CM... Crosas is also there and has fared better so far. Dave has already had more of a chance than Koki ever got, but I don't think it's going to be any better for him.
    He should start looking for a way out now imo. For example, he'd tear Eredivisie apart in my opinion. But not if he doesn't get the hell out of dodge soon. Celtic is a dead-end for young talented players who aren't already established. Every window they buy more "squad players" in hopes of getting the odd lucky one. The young talented guys just get buried more and more under the mounting list of average SPL and Championship players without ever getting a fair chance.
    The only exception is LB. Nagatomo could've walked straight into their side and been an instant hero... but then it wouldn't be Celtic if the LB wasn't a hopeless project.

That said, I'm happy they never noticed Nagatomo. Like I said, it's a dead end for players who aren't expected to walk straight into the first XI. Koki may have just wasted his career only getting what? 2 chances? He even scored in one of those chances and didn't get another one. It's a joke man.
    Mizuno is no world beater, but he was a great little winger with pace who could put in good cross after good cross all day long. Now he's back on the other side of Chiba in J2. Will he even be an important player for them? I don't know Kashiwa's lineup if they've already got a RM... or if he can even play RM after playing LM/SS for years in SPL reserves (when they still had reserves)... but I think one thing is for sure: no more young players should go to Celtic ever again.
    It's a career killer.

1 person likes this.
  6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Actually, they noticed Nagatomo and he even made the first page of the local papers. There was a rumour he'd go out there but thank god it never got real.

Anyway, you're speaking about Ki, I gotta I never saw what was so special about him. Tall, good with the ball, but he falls everytime he's touched and he often disappears of the game.

7. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Was there quotes?
    If not, it was just the usual lazy Scottish press linking any Asian player to Celtic. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if some reporter had seen a suggestion or hint I posted on a forum and decided to start rumors.
    That's how their press works. They have no shame.
    Don't even get me started on some of the articles they put out from Naka. Stuff like "Naka claims Scottish weather is ruining his body" -- after a nothing comment from him to Japanese press about how difficult it is to play in the Middle East. They are hacks of the lowest order.

Matsui and Ina have also been "linked" in the past. I don't buy it for a second unless there's quotes and I had never heard anything from Celtic forums that I occasionally peruse, outside of myself going "there's this great LB we could get at any time for cheap..."

About Ki, I think he's over-rated and always has been. There's a lot of stuff about "giving him a chance" on Celtic forums lately because he had 2 assists in the World Cup. Both from set pieces. I mean, it's one thing to play a guy like Naka cuz he can score from FKs... but to play Ki, who imo doesn't have half of Naka's ability even in the run of play, just because he can take corner kicks? That's just crazy talk.
    Still think he'd do fine in another second-tier Euro league where the team *needs* him, where there's more space, and refs aren't as lenient on kicking people's shins in.

8. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Ki will be fine. It wasn't Celtic's strongest line up but he did wear the armband in one of the friendlies in the US tour. Lennon won't let a foreign 21 yr old who only came to the team 1/2 year ago lead the team on to the field if Ki wasn't a major part of his plans. He plays just like Alonso(obviously not at that level yet) and he can also play ugly.

9. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I've also heard of Mizuki Hamada being really good, but will he represent the U.S., or Japan?

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Since he played for U17 and U19 Japan ... I believe he will keep on this way.

edit : Man, when I see the wonderful story of this kid Suk Hyun Jun with Ajax, I wonder what Zaragoza is doing with Hiroshi Ibusuki. He's kinda similar to Suk, he's 193 cm (the korean is 190), 19, skilled and he scored 12 goals with the reserve team last year. Give him a chance ! I wish a spanish guy was here to make us some reports.

11. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Hiroshi hasn't done anything worthy of mentioning in my opinion.

I think Usami Takashi might be a forward to look out for.

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    As I said he did really well with the reserve team with 12 goals and 5 assists, I think he deserves a shot to show what he's made of. Then disappear if he's not worthy.

On the other hand, many of us expect Usami to be a key member in 2014.

13. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wait, isn't Usami an attacking midfielder?

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yes, a dribbler, and he never gives the ball to anyone when he is with the U17 team. When he plays with Gamba it's a different matter, he's more humble and plays deeper because the team has problems scoring. Anyway, his body is designed for football and he can do everything so ...

15. jpatel1508

jpatel1508 New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    There's a Japanese U17 kid named Ryo Miyaichi on trial at Arsenal currently. He impressed today for Arsenal reserves today.

16. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ixwSmaYYY"]YouTube- Ryo_Miyaichi_2.mpg[/ame]

17. moha

moha New Member

Aug 18, 2009
    He will fly later this week to Amsterdam to try out at Ajax.

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    does this whole thing give anybody Sho Ito dejavu? He was gonna sign for the gunners except for a permit thing.

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hmm ... Did Ito play a match for any Arsenal team ? I think Ito has some talent, he only played one match with Grenoble last year but it was not bad at all, he was in overweight but managed to get a couple of chances and showed some great dribbling skills. What he really needs is to work on his physical condition. He's 184cm, powerful, would be great if he was fit.

20. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    you might get what you wish for lol.

http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/29985038

will be hopefully signing for ajax now that his move to arsenal has bounced off due to a work permit.

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    "He featured three times but a poor Japan side were defeated on every occasion."

<-- this loser just looked at the scores. Japan should have won at least two of those games.

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I prevented myself to say the same thing but it had to be said. There's plenty of time before we see another team Japan playing so well, with so much control of the ball.

25. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg