Best TV package in Fort Worth?????

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by theodore, Nov 8, 2004.

1. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    I am geographicaly locked into Tarrant County, where I subscribe to basic cable w/ Charter Communications. This gives me all the major Spanish networks (Telemundo et al. and Univision et al.). In addition we receive FoxSportsEspanol. We pay just under $50/mo. While I must keep my true favorite channel, the Weather Channel, and my kids have to get Sponge Bob and Jimmy Neutron---- I thought I would submit a question to the brain trust. If I want to pay close to the $50, what cable plans would give me the biggest bang for the buck in your opinion?
    Of course I am very partial to Latin American soccer, particularly the Brasiliero. Euro is ok as well, although I am more partial to the Calcio or the Dutch. I am interested to hear what you guys do to get your fix of soccer, and what would be my best bet outside of cable.

2. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Dish Latino is the only way to go if you want Futbol. You get the afforementined FSW Espanol, GOL TV, Univision East/West, Telefutura, Galavision, Telemundo East/West with programming you get on cable. But then you also get TV Azteca, TV Colombia, TV Chile, TV Centro, TV Espana Internacional which all carry games from their local leagues througout the day on weekends plus they have great coverage of their National Teams. This package actually has too much futbol programming if you can believe that.

Some other comments, my favorite channel is SUR. They run local newscasts from every country in SouthAmerica one after the other. MTV Espanol and about other four music video channels that actually play music videos are part of the package as well. And finally, the DISH Latino Max program includes your weather channels and kid channels (trust me I know the value of having Sponge Bob on TV 24/7)

Check it out at www.dishnetwork.com. I don't know the exact cost because I subscribe to the give me every damn channel you have plan, but you should find it on the website.

3. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Gracias caballero.

4. Fougs

Fougs Member

May 26, 2004
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Chamo's got the best option for the Spanish Channels. Just to throw out another option, I have DirecTV Total Choice Plus with local channels and the Sports Pack. Total monthly bill w/ tax is $58.43.

You get the Weather Channel, a ridiculous number of kids channels that show SpongeBob, Galavision, Univision, Telemundo, and Telefutura. The Sports Pack gives you Fox Sports World (not espanol), all of the regional Fox Sports Net channels, plus a few specialty sports channels like MSG and YES.

They do have a spanish-language package if you want to check it out that would add FSW Espanol and ESPN Deportes, I think.

Just giving you more info...you're still missing La Liga and Serie A with mine, except for the few rare games that are on Galavision, but you do get EPL, La Liga Mexicana, Dutch Eredivisie, French, MLS, Bundesliga, Brasil, & Argentina.

The Fox Sports Net channels show a lot of NCAA soccer during the playoffs.

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the reason why I didn't pipe up about DirecTV. DISH has got GOL TV, which shows La Liga and Serie A, as well as a bunch of leagues from south of the border.

Those league don't interest me all that much, so not having GOL TV doesn't bug me too much. But if you're interested in those leagues and theo said that he was, DISH is the way to go. It's got both GOL TV and FSW, while DirecTV only has FSW (and Fox Sports en Español, depending on what package you get). They don't even have ESPN Deportes.