Best South American Goalkeeper?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Ilovecolombia redded, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Henao aint as good as Dida, far from it.. he aint even as good as Villar.

2. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    Villar :) and Dida are great goalkeepers, but Henao was the leader and most important player of Once Caldas when they win tle Libertadores cup, be the star of the team Its dificult if you are a goalie, that gives him extra points to me, also he was the naturall leader of the team, a quality that sometimes isnt(I dont know the word in english :( ) acepted as a very important one, so he besides been a great goalie also have some extra things, thas why I think he is the greates south american goalie right now, but thats MY opinion.

3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Lets be honest with this: Henao just move from Once caldas (copa LIBERTADORES CHAMPIONS) to club santos de brazil (BRAZELEAN CHAMPIONS IN 2004, TWICE)

dida plays for a famous european side, and Villar does not! Villar may be the best in conmebol right now, but the Move from 33 yr old Hano is very impressive..... from one champ to a BIGGER champ.... not small peanuts. :eek:

how do you see that Honestly?

4. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    Villar its to tiny to be an european goalie, In europe european tiny goalies are not very popular among clubes, they like the big ones, besides Villar does not have a UE passport :)

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey theres no denying Henao is a solid keeper and he was impressive with Once Caldas, i'm just saying hes not as good as Dida or Villar, Villar is still young so theres time for him to go to Europe.

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Plus it was Villar who helped 10 men Paraguay draw Argentina in Buenos Aires kept Paraguay's record alive of not losing to Argentina in Buenos Aires since 1965 :D

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he may be the best playing in S.A. at the moment, I still have my reservations about Dida, but he is solid too.

8. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Unbelievable, someone gives me a bad rep from here because i stated my opinion i didnt even troll or anything... i guess people arent allowed to give their opinions these days

9. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it was probably ILC ;)

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I saw the play last sunday in foxsports, you know those remember shows they have when there are no games, and damn, I couldn't see who was the one who centered the ball. Bad thing it was the argentinian tape, 'cause the player was on the far side (remember they have cameras in both sides, one for Argentina, one for international TV, to sell more advertising). I still cannot believe how bad Cordoba cleared that ball. Still think it was "El principe" who got it and cross it perfectly to Crespo, while "El patron" looked the ball go in in disbelief....

11. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    1 Buffon
    2 Cech
    3 Dida
    8 Henao
    15 Villar

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    News on O. Cordoba:

First, he was sent off in a matck of the Turkey cup, because of a handball outside the area. He did not have DelBosque's trust and when he got an opportunity, he blew it.

"However, Besiktas’s season of woe continued when it was dumped out of the competition by Konyaspor, the Black and White Eagles cause not being aided by a howling error by keeper Cordoba, who was red carded in the second half for handling the ball outside the area. Konya was leading 1-0 at the time and went on to take the match against 10 man Besiktas 3-1."

Second, despite the forgetful year he had, apparently Arsenal :)eek: wooow!!) is pulling a deal with Betsikas and Boca for his rights. After Del Bosque was replaced, it seems that Cordoba wasn't in Calimbay's plans.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sport...l--Gunners-set-to-win-an-Oscar-name_page.html

"ARSENAL were last night poised to complete the signing of Colombian goalkeeper Oscar Cordoba after an amazing buy-out offer to Turkish side Besiktas.

The Istanbul club had the option to turn last season's loan deal with Argentinian club Boca Juniors for Cordoba into a permanent £1.5million move"

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    que paso con JC Henao en el santos? cuando debuta?

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Best South American Goalkeeper? CAMBIO DE OPINION?

CAMBIASTE DE OPINION hoy?

magia decia que 'era great as Dida' :eek:
    como cambian las cosas en un dia malo para un portero honesto....pero seguro que no es great!

15. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

talk about kicking a guy when he is down;)

16. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    But I think he was rash to judge Villar after that game. I am sure he will have a better time againts Chile.

17. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion

I never said that Villar was bad Ionly said that he dont play well in places like Ecuador, an I also tink that he is like Dida ( by the way he played an amazing game against Uruguay) and I also said that the best goalie (I think) Its Henao and I dont understand how he cant be playing for his national team :(

18. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

are you able to watch Henao play in Brazil? I haven't seen him play in a while, but from Colombia, our best golie right now its gotta be "El Show" Calero, no doubt.

19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I thougth he was not playing at all.... After conceding like 12 goals in 3 games he was benched... Last time I've heard Mauro is playing all the matches, not Paulista/Brazileirao like at the beginning of the year. Sorry Magia, pero Henao was the best keeper 6 months ago, now he's a bench warmer.

20. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion

He is one of the big guys, big guys make themselves strongers in adversity, I think that he will play againg like in the golden times, plus every time Iwatch a Colombia match I cant stop of thinking that Calero is going to make a big mistake related with his hat :D

how the coach let him play with that?

21. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

he knows how to play with is hat, hes even scored with his hat on in Mejico, he tied a game at the last second with a "gol de cachuca." The man knows how to play.

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Hay un cuento de Valdano, esta super-bien escrito. Es la historia de un arquero de 3ra o 4ta division en Argentina que tiene un sueño: tapar un penalty en el minuto 90' con el marcador 0-0 (si fueran 1-0 dice, le toca compartir la gloria con el autor del gol). La situacion se da y efectivamente hay un penalty en el minuto 90 con el partido 0-0.

aca esta todo el cuento.

http://listas.rcp.net.pe/pipermail/literatura/Week-of-Mon-20020722/002192.html

si les da pereza, al menos lean el final:

"A once metros de distancia el Befo Nieva ya estaba frente a la pelota. Se cruzaron una mirada huidiza; medio cómplice y medio asesina.

Juan Antonio Felpa flexionó levemente las rodillas y con los ojos fijos en el lanzador escuchó la orden del árbitro. Ya tenía la decisión tomada.
    Cuando el Beto golpeó la pelota, Felpa ya volaba en la dirección del sueño. Al lado del palo derecho, se abrazó a la pelota en el aire, y antes de caer al suelo sintió, como un relámpago, la alegría más grande de su vida.

Ahora era la mitad rojo-verde del campo la que se había puesto de fiesta al grito de «Felpa», «Felpa», «Felpa». Yo no sé lo que le pasó en ese momento, porque en veinticinco años nadie logró hablar con él del tema sin
    que se enfadara, pero para mí que esos gritos lo confundieron y eso lo llevó a tomar el camino más absurdo de su vida. Lo cierto es que se levantó del suelo endiosado, y queriendo prolongar ese momento mágico, cometió el error de ir a buscar la gorra dentro de la portería con la
    pelota debajo del brazo. El árbitro dudó antes de dar el gol, y el campo entero tardó en echarse las manos a la cabeza entre eufóricas risas celestes y sorprendidos lamentos verdirojos. El extraño coro de murmullos que quedó flotando en el ambiente desconcertó a don Jesús Eladio Felpa, que había sufrido con el penalty («hay que reconocer que fue justo, vieja») y se había alegrado con el paradón. Intuyó que algo malo había pasado, y con una mínima esperanza de haberse equivocado, miró a su santa
    mujer y le comentó entre triste y preocupado:

Creo, vieja, que tu hijo la cagó."

23. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

haha, good one, but it seems Calero's is glued on, not even in the corner he scored in Mexico did it come off.....or when he "flies" from post to post like superman.......anyway Henao played this weekend with Santos, wearing the #1 jersey, and saved a few thruout the game, it ended 0 - 0 with Sao Paulo ending as the Paulista 2005 champ.

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Maybe he puts it in, then pulls the strap really really hard. That would explain the odd form of his head:D !!!!

Yeah, I saw the highlights, it looked like Henao's of old, good for him.

25. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

maybe the other way around, his odd shaped head holds it in place.........;)