Best part of the World Cup so far...

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by Freddie Adu, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #26 Alex_1, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Rd. One thus far has been pretty good. My favorite moments?

1: Entire second half of the Spain/Holland match. Didn't see that coming, and they just steamrolled them.
    2: Van Persie's goal on it's own deserves a mention.
    3: Demspey's goal in 35 seconds was terrific and symbolic for the US team.
    4: Trademark Messi goal... close control, quick hit with power... he's simply incredible. Great players like that only need one moment to make the biggest impact on a match.
    5: Costa Rica's win over Uruguay. I mean, they just beat them. That was a nice kind of revenge for being bounced in the 2010 playoff.

- I never would have predicted CONCACAF teams to take 3 out of their first 4 matches regardless of opponents.

Worst moments?

1: Easily the Iran vs. Nigeria match. 0-0 draw with little into it.
    2: If it hadn't been for Ivory Coast (specifically, subbing in Drogba), CAF very well could be looking at being on 1 point as a federation right now. But Ivory Coast saves them that, and NIgeria, though poor was the Iran match, did get a point.
    3: Brazilian divers. Fred's was horrendous, and though he plays for Spain, Diego Costa (as well as simply being Diego Costa) made the Netherlands rout a bit sweeter.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. Megabeast

Megabeast Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Any underdog win always gets a thumbs up. Biggest upset being Costa Rica beating Uruguay, and they actually deserved to win.

USA getting revenge over Ghana after the last 2 world cups was a good moment.

Switzerland scoring in the dying seconds to give them a deserved win.

Worst parts for me have been Fred's dive and Muller's play acting. One second holding his jaw like it was broken in half then jumping to his feet in reaction to Pepe's aggression. Pepe is an idiot, Muller is an actress :/

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Best for me was Hollands brilliant display of entertaining football along the surprise win of Costa Rica.

Worst was the boring Nigeria-Iran march and the bad ref calls (red card vs Pepe, Penalty for Neymar)

4. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    looks like the standard hinchada Brasilera, lol