Best Moment of the Season

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by suppitty, May 14, 2007.

1. suppitty

suppitty Member

Mar 15, 2004
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what was yours? Personally, the West Ham game still sticks out for me.

2. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the pub with 2 other Spurs' fans and a pub full of Gooners.

We went absolutely nuts, and the few Liverpool fans there (for the LFC match afterwards) joined in the celebration.

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDiOvZwZTo

watched it from the park lane upper.

after my history of never seeing spurs win in any of my visits to the lane, last november was brilliant. 3-1 over brugge on thursday, and the chelsea win on sunday. and this was, without question, the best moment of them all.

the final whistle finally getting blown was pretty good, too.

4. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can I vote for all three?

Chelsea game - I was looking for an EPL club to support, and that was the game Spurs hooked me on.

West ham - most thrilling game I have ever seen.

Arsenal - maybe the biggest goal of the season...kind of righted our ship for the final push.

COYS!

5. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Beating Chelsea with out doubt.

6. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    I choose Stalteri's West Ham goal but its a tie with Aaron Lennon's goal against Chelscum. Oddly I never thought we'd lose against Chelsea while I was watching the match, while my head was down for major portions against the spammers...

7. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Lennons winner against Chelsea surely. We beat the richest club in the world people.

I know any winner against West Ham is sweet after last year but lets put it in perspective.

8. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Easily Chelsea and West Ham.

Chelsea because it showed we can play with the best (at the time). West Ham because I had a feeling that we could pull it off and to see it actually happen was a miracle.

The West Ham match had to be the most entertaining game this season in the EPL. Tevez's first goal for West Ham, which led him to catch on fire in time to keep West Ham in the EPL, Tainio's beautiful volley from the crazy flick-on by Lennon, Berby's soft freekick, and obviously Stalteri's rebound after it appeared West Ham would get the draw.

9. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a real tough choice between the Chelsea & West Ham games... but I think the West Ham game just edges out.

The Chelsea game had a vibe despite going down 1-0 that we were going to win it... Spurs just played with complete determination and no fear. Loved watching Keano put Boulahrouz on his butt. Lennon with a class finish that goes down in history.

The West Ham game on the other hand was such a crazy emotional roller coaster and really looked to be a draw or a loss until the breakaway down field... talk about screaming and then screaming with satisfaction. “Oh no!” Oh yes! Add to that a few of the best goals of the season... Berby cross to Lennon flick to Tainio, Tevez & Berby freekicks, incredible stuff.

Got both of them on DVD... classics for all time.

10. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I went for Chelsea. Rollercoaster games like West Ham are our stock in trade, we are just usually on the wrong end (5-4 loss to Arsenal, anyone?) But beating the champions was pure class.

Biggest regret was letting them come back to draw in the Cup.

11. jeffers77

jeffers77 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    my vote goes for the the chelsea victory also. another that crosses my mind was berbatov's perfomance against bolton when we were down a man. i think that was when most people really started to see how genius the guy really is.

12. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lennon V Chelsea no question. Just listen to the Lane going crazy on those clips...it still gives me chills. Second would be the full time whistle against Chelsea, and the Stalteri at the death play. Despite the fact that we were playing with Chelsea throughout the match, there was still doubt that we would actually get over that barrier...

I have to say, as a season of individual moments, it would be tough to top this one. Both heartbreak (Chelsea FA Cup and Newcastle at the Lane come to mind) and euphoria. Hopefully we manage to play a few less nail biters next season and tighten up at the back. But it made for drama virtually every match this season.

13. bitter leftie

bitter leftie New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Western mass
    Lennon, with the West Ham result 2nd. If West Ham were to go down, it would have been my first choice.

14. KHowe

KHowe Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Western MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Have to agree on the Chelsea game. Incredible finish.

15. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    I'm going the West Ham game, mainly beucase I laughed after screaming when I realized Stalteri scored, and becasue that backheel by Lennon was the touch of the year, and one of the best I have seen.

16. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DEFOE... OHHHH NO!!! hahah I'll never forget that. Actually i got that little video saved and I watch it all the time. Definitly west ham comeback game. I mean what else made me run out of my house and do a lap and sing. HAHAH

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about Robbo's goal? :D

I actually went for the victory over Chelski. Anytime you beat the champs (defending), it is excellent stuff.

18. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Lennon's winner vs Chelsea, King's tackle on Robben vs Chelsea, Berbatov's goals against Besiktas, Braga at home (the volley) and Boro away, the second half against West Ham and Robbie Keane's goal away to Sevilla.

19. OregonSpur

OregonSpur New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Albany
    Couldn't see 'em all, but the win vs. Chelsea was the top moment for me, the game vs. the Hammers was more nerve racking, I was just glad that my neighbor was not home for either of those matches. Berbs to Lennon to Tainio is the one goal I'll recall first from this year.

20. KHowe

KHowe Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Western MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Does anyone know anywhere to download any of these games?

21. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I voted for Lennon's winner against Chelski, nothing can beat that, the stadium shook when that went in.