Best Kicker streaks ever for Cherundolo and Casey

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by jri, Nov 15, 2004.

1. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Stevie C. with 10 straight matches at 3 or 3,5...

Connor with 3 straight matches at 3 or 3,5....

First time for both (relative) youngersters at this high level of play. Congrats to them both!

Kicker criticizes the ref in Saturday's match as having blown the call (Casey's goal shudda counted)...

(Cue the Jefferson's song, "Well, we movin' on up...................movin' on up..)..

2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know there are a lot of USMNT fans who don't like Casey's game, but he really looks like he's coming into his own right now. Very strong, confident on the ball, aggressive and his shots are both on frame and smart. You couldn't say this earlier in the year _when he looked lost _ but these days he looks like a typical, good 1bund striker right now.
    SC is simply a stud. He's also on song, but he's had a much longer run of really nice play before he elevated. I'm convinced he'd find a place in a lot of 1bund backlines.

3. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    I think some tend to forget that Casey is only 23, and won't turn 24 until next summer.

Sure, he is a tick slow (maybe a couple ticks slow) with his feet- he doesn't have 'happy' feet (a la C. Ronaldo and most modern players). In this respect, he's more McBride then anything else.

But he is about at McBride level- just 5-7 years younger (at relative points). That's important, for Brian got better...and so can Casey.

He has gradually improved over the years, and if he can continue to get better at using his power/size to create opportunities and finish them, he'll become very good in his own way. Yes, I wish he were quicker- but he can make it with the tools he's got (now given all this 'hype', watch him go lay an egg on Saturday)..