Best Game/Team Performance 07/08

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Grinners89, May 2, 2008.

1. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not surprising that most of our best performances have been in the Champions League this season...hopefully this list will include some PL games next season.

The 1st leg vs Inter at Anfield slightly edges the 2nd leg at the San Siro with the Arsenal 2nd leg match in 3rd.

2. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I changed my vote, the most entertaining and best match/performance was the Arsenal match.

However, we were excellent over the Inter matches.

3. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I actually would've gone a different option again! I'm a trouble maker! :D

I would've gone the 8-0 record breaking win against Besiktas at home. That was the first of the three games we needed to win to qualify from the group, and that result basically said we're here now, and we're ready. You're all about to Kop it! (see what I did there :D )

And it was all done without Torres. ;)

For the sake of the poll though I went with the Marseille game- another crunch must win one- and we did it in such style & dominance it was impressive.

4. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You would el-cap, you would.

5. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    Our best performances were in the EPL.

6. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the most joy from the L'Arse game so that's how I voted.

7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The 8-0 drubbing of Besiktas was the best for me but since it isn't there, I chose the 4-2 victory over Arsenal for me. That was about character and commitment. I also though we had some crackers in the Premier League, too.

8. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep.

9. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't really count for much, more impressive games are always the high stake ones.

That said, I would have included the Besiktas game in the poll but I'm going with the Arsenal match.

10. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
    My favorite game was beating Inter in Italy. It wasn't our best performance, but was for me the most enjoyable match.

11. Springbok FC

Springbok FC New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Arsenal may have been the most exciting match of the past three seasons, but people tend to forget that we were completely outplayed for the first 30 minutes. The backs-to-the-wall demolition of Marseille was easily our most complete and satisfying result.

12. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    people continue to devalue the Porto win.

we were tied until the 74th minute at 1-1. We were doing nothing at all.

all of a sudden Kewell nicks a nice ball to Torres that snuck by the defenders into the box. The announcer already started getting excited - next thing Torres takes a couple of steps and fires a beauty past the keeper in the the upper far corner.

THE BEST PART - A PORTO DEFENDER TRIED TO STOP THE SHOT AND WAS PARALLEL TO THE GROUND, MISSED THE BALL AND CAME CRASHING DOWN AS THE BALL HIT THE NET!!!

I loved that.

We go on to win 4-1.

Guess what - no win there - and it's a whole new ballgame agains Marseilles because even a win against that team wasn't a guaranteed advance.

13. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
    Australian?

That was a good game though.

14. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said, I liked the Arsenal matches, but our CL run apart from the first three games was fun to watch.

15. Morsello

Morsello New Member

Apr 18, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Same right here;)

16. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not at all. just loved the importance of that goal and game.

17. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Our best performance was the 3-0 away win at Newcastle. The best game? Well that's entirely subjective of course. I enjoyed the game away to Inter the most, because it was so significant in terms of who's the boss of who. But it wasn't a great game of football. Nor was the 8-0 against Besiktas, that was just a freakshow. The second CL game against Arsenal was a great game of course, but mainly for drama, rather than football for much of it.

18. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inter were down to ten men in both games remember.

19. Jono-NZ

Jono-NZ New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    New Zealand
    I had to go with the Arsenal game.. I just couldn't go past it, might not have been the best team performance (first 30mins or so of the first half...). It just showed the character of our team. The rollercoaster of emotion that every fan must have felt during that game was just insane.

Shit even had a mate over who doesn't watch footy (except when its world cup time) got up to watch it, not even he could sit in his seat. After it was all said and done he just said "glad I got up to watch that man, that shit was intense"