Best Football fans on EURO 2008

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by TariboWest33, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Black Label

Black Label New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Utrecht
    Fair enough, to each his own. btw, people like borst, derksen etcetc should never be taken to seriously imo.

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany fans were the best choreo fans at least...;)

[​IMG]

3. cdmphy

cdmphy Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not only that but they celebrated Spain's win as if it was their own respecting the victors and the enjoying the moment with Spanish fans.

They also partied hard with the Turks after the semi.

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    C'mon, don't go over the top...

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, maybe just a bit...:eek:

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So, dear Croatia and Germany fans, did you have a Swiss host city dedicate a whole website to you then to thank your fans? Because that's what the mayor of Berne did for the Dutch:

http://www.oranjebern.ch/OR_SPLASH_NED.html

And I quote the mayor in his thank you note: Thanks from Berne, the temporary capital of the Netherlands.

Meanwhile FIFA has confirmed to the Dutch FA that they were so impressed by the atmosphere created by Holland fans in Switzlerland that it's boosted Dutch/Belgian chances of hosting the world cup.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you got the same praise as it happened after your game vs Portugal in Nuremberg 2006? ;)

Really nice pics. So you marched once again from the city to the stadium ... cool! Even the city hall of Bern looks impressive! :)

http://www.oranjebern.ch/OR_GALLERY_NED.html

However, the Cologne fans won't be amused that you stole their song...:D

9. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    BEST FANS
    Croatia. Scary (the men), gorgeous (the women) and armed with an astonishing repertoire of songs, more than 200,000 Croats gathered in Vienna city-centre for their matches against Austria and Turkey, looking for all the world as if they'd been spent the previous week looting table-cloths from Italian restaurants.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Fiver/0,,2288279,00.html

You can be satisfied with the title of best fans whose team played in Bern :D

Anyway, I don't need anyone to tell me who is no1, but this source sure beats the mayor of Bern :p

:)

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm considering sending the above quote to the Fiver, they'll laugh their heads off.

11. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Try with Holland having the best support. The mayor of Bern thanked you for spending tons of money over there, I doubt he cares about the stadium atmosphere. Yes, stadium. That's where football happens. Every time I run into something about Holland fans I see a picture that resembles the Love parade. And I think that real football supporters in Holland are the first to puke when they see that circus.

Post some stadium clips, I honestly had trouble finding them.

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh I completely agree that they were rubbish in the stadium. I was there by the way. But here's the thing. Travelling Holland fans typically aren't Dutch club season ticket holders - the latter are as passionate in the stadium as Croatians, I can guarantee you this as a fan of the Dutch club that won several awards for best fans in the country. These travelling Holland fans only follow the Dutch national team, they don't support a club and never go to Dutch league games. Here's what would happen if you would send a 100,000 Dutch season ticket holders to Berne: mayhem. And the mayor of Berne wouldn't be thanking us for creating a lovely atmosphere, trust me.

So suppose we give UEFA a choice: 100,000 happy Dutch fans ready to party and drink in the city but rather silent in the stadium, VS 100,000 rowdy Dutch fans ready to defend their honour with violence outside and inside the stadium if need be. What do you think UEFA would choose?

By the by, compliments to the Croatians at Euro 2008, as I as a Holland fan had previously had some very bad experiences with fans of former Yugoslavian nations.

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    During the WC 2006, I talked to many Dutch fans who were also club supporters (not from Rotterdam & Amsterdam, though)...

Btw: The Oranje fans really deserve the praise ... no matter what a Croatian supporter may think of it. I don't agree that only the stadium support counts but think that the fans' behaviour outside the stadium is important as well! And the Dutch have a very good reputation regarding this matter (even in their "rival football country" Germany)...

I appreciate the great stadium support of Croatian fans and know that the vast majority of them is absolutely ok ... but there's still many idiots among their fanship. :rolleyes: Unfortunately.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28062008/58/euro-2008-croatia-fined-racist-fans.html

14. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I'm glad you brought this up, because the public here has been both very entertained and frustrated by this. First of all, we were fined 12 000 euros, I mean that's pocket change, so it's obvious that UEFA who fights racism so vigorously isn't really convinced that there's something to prosecute. UEFA actually made it clear to our Federation what was the problem and it's hillarious. The thorn in their eye was our chanting a part from a 19th century opera:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U_boj,_u_boj
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdG9KF-z_ww
    Not only does it have nothing to do with racism but I also don't get how they even came to that idea. Probably some jealous serb reported it :D But it's not funny because that damage has been done. I mean, like it's the case with every country there are idiots here, but far from "many", especially among those who were at the Euro
    As for the banner, there was one refering to the nazi regime in Croatia but I think it was this that really bothered them:
    [​IMG]

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm a member of the Oranje supporters association, have been for a long time. The only tournament I've missed since 1988 is the world cup 1992. I know for a fact that the vast majority of travelling Holland fans are not fanatical club supporters!

And that's my point exactly re: our reputation. If our fanatical club supporters did dominate the group of travelling Holland fans, we wouldn't have that reputation.

16. TariboWest33

TariboWest33 Member

Jul 8, 2007
    They are polite fans, nothing wrong with this

17. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    for me

Turkish
    Hooligans
    Brazilians.... Oops.... Torcida from Croatia :D

some italian fans deserve a recognition, algon with some germans too

if we go by clubs.... then

Liverpool
    Schalke 04
    Fenerbahce
    Manchester United
    Bayern Munich
    Newcastle United

just to cite some

18. TariboWest33

TariboWest33 Member

Jul 8, 2007
    (Final) results on poll

1. Croatia
    2. Netherlands
    3. Poland

19. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best football fans of Euro 2008?

.... I'd say, whichever ones have the biggest TITS!

:D

20. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Like I expected.

1. Croatia
    2. Netherlands