Best Football fans on EURO 2008

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by TariboWest33, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Love thos pictures, as always the Dutch bring great colour to a tournament.

2. timotheus

timotheus New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Chicago
    I simply adore Turkish football and their fans.

Best fans if Latin America is not taken into consideration :p

3. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Portugal have been entertaining and that fan may be overly biased but the team did play nice footy.

They're definately the best fans now. Some Turksish and Croatian fans had a skirmish in Wenen where it was played and there were a few lightwounded involved. So much for Turkey fans being the 'best'

Also, there will be around 150.000 Dutch fans today where the venue of Holland-Russia will take place. They're all armed with their 'trommelhoed'. And it could prove really dangerous to the beerinventory that most likely will run out within 2 hours time. Don't believe me? Look at this warzone:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=NLafn2vlKcs&feature=related

If that wasn't bad enough, they have a huge army waiting to pounce!:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=1sooTgUerec&feature=related

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany clearly has the best fans! :) ;)

[​IMG]

5. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Dutch fans in Basel against:
    Italy: 50.000
    France: 80.000
    Romania: 20.000
    Russia: 150.000/200.000

I still think they are brainless clowns though...

6. HeroOfTheStreet

HeroOfTheStreet New Member

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    Croatia fans on Euro: Austria: 100 000
    Germany:90 000
    Poland:30 000
    Turkey: 200 000
    and, we kicked Turky asses :cool:

7. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    And you've REAL fans, not stupid clowns. Can't stand the average Dutch NT fan. Can't name 3 players from our own team, just go to Basel to drink beer. But 200.000? Thought it where 100.000.

8. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    And she also gets the beer...
    [​IMG]

9. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    no, 150-200 000 fans... and its not true about we have real fans.. there were probably 1000 real fans on the stadium last night, others were "indians" but they are also great...

10. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    the woman of my dreams :D

11. crofan88

crofan88 New Member

Jun 22, 2008
  12. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  13. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Please don't post images like that first one again. If you haven't seen it yet then go to the Customer Service forum and read the thread on the topic of new standards of what is accepable when posting pics of the fairer species.

14. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I'm sorry, didn't think it was that "bad"...won't happen again...speaking of which, your avatar isn't that innocent either ;)

15. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    LOL - my avatar just about passes. A thin layer of paint on a naked torso is now to be frowned upon unfortunately :(

16. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh shut the feck up, I'm sick and tired of this Dutch tradition of looking down their noses on Holland fans. Speaking as someone who was there, I can proudly say that the Dutch at least travel: we far outnumbered our opponents fanbase every single game, and what does that say about these other fans? The Dutch also are immaculately behaved. I'm telling you if you'd been there in person, you'd have been proud of your countrymen. The swiss couldn't praise us enough.

18. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    That`s because you didn`play against Croatia :D:cool:

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I can't comment on the Croatians obviously.

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You rightfully got a lot of praise during the WC 2006, too! I think that Nürnberg will never again experience such a big soccer party...

You might be right. ;)

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's so typically Dutch to slag off your own country and countrymen. The whole world praises the travelling Holland fans yet in Holland itself they're looked down on. For some Dutch people, the way to watch football is the Ajax way (sorry Afca but you know I have a point): be critical even after a win and don't make too much noise.

22. Black Label

Black Label New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Utrecht
    Well the reason why they're looked down on in Holland, is because they seem to care more about the party and the 'carnaval' than about the actual game. A bit like the speedskating audience. I mean the dressing up part is nice and all, but some of those guys seem to care more about getting their face on TV than anything else.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm a Twente season ticket holder so I know where these feelings come from. It's true that it's an entirely different audience from your average season ticket holder public in the NL. That doesn't mean these people deserve to be looked down on though. I stayed at the orange campsite, there are people there who save all year to afford to go to international tournaments, and have done for over 30 years. So they're not exactly football experts - they deserve respect regardless for their loyalty and commitment. And I'm sorry but I'd rather see orange party people representing us than miserly azijnpissers and characters like Hugo Borst. Who indeed are in no position to look down on people who end of the day pay their wages.