Best Football fans on EURO 2008

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by TariboWest33, Dec 5, 2007.

1. HeroOfTheStreet

HeroOfTheStreet New Member

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    60 000 Croatia Fans in Wien :cool:

[​IMG]

2. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    The Portuguese...but i am bias... :)

Well i don´t know if there is any nation in this Euro filling the stadiums were they do simple warm ups, today again all the 12 000 of the Neuchatel stadium filled with supporters who paid 10 euro only to see the players running and doing a bunch of exercises and outside the stadium thousands partying.

3. GrosMoulin

GrosMoulin New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    France
    What a shame

4. grodada

grodada New Member

Jun 10, 2004
    sounds like they're doing a "brazil 2006" to me :eek:

5. TariboWest33

TariboWest33 Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Croatian fans are really fast :cool:
    Austria vs Croatia match

[​IMG]

6. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turkish fans are rabid (In a generally good way). I would have voted for them in the pole if I thought a bit more before clicking.

They'll show much better if their team plays well in the next match. They didn't have much to cheer about in the opener.

7. TariboWest33

TariboWest33 Member

Jul 8, 2007
    http://www.becomeacroatiafan.com/

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The German fans on Bigsoccer all flying united under the same crest of the "Burnt Chicken".

[​IMG]

9. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Wait til tomorrow, when us Dutchies will be sexing ourselves up with the crest of the Comatose Cock (as in rooster, as in the French one)

10. Tetsuo

Tetsuo Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Romania
    after the matches against France or Italy, romanians clearly became contenders to the best supporters title. i didn't heard the 20000 french or 20000 italians. our fans clearly dominated and they were very loud. maybe we are not the best but at least in group c there is no contest. to do what our fans did even in clear numerical inferiority is just awesome :D Hai Romania!

11. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Yeah I think Romania's been among the best ... not in numbers necessarily but very easily outsinging the French and Italians.

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. whatareyoulookingat

Jun 11, 2008
    Durham
    Yep the Romanians have suprised me. I like the displays the Russians have done.

14. HakanGS

HakanGS Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Texas & Turkiye
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    You must be watching only Portugal's games :)...many respects to Portugese fans, though...

15. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Well, I certainly still believer we're kind of underrated, not the best ones out there...but certainly underrated.

16. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I went to Rom-Ita and I couldnt agree with you more

17. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Home supporters going Dutch

[​IMG]

For the first time at a UEFA European Championship the knockout stage will begin without a host nation involved. With the exception of Belgium in 2000 every country staging the event has reached at least the last four, keeping home hopes alive deep into the tournament.

Sale signs

As the quarter-finals approach at UEFA EURO 2008™, however, Austria and Switzerland are already out of the competition, leaving football fans here divided as to who they want to win. In Basel, Switzerland merchandise is already being discounted in the shops as Portugal and Germany come to town, while in Vienna though the Ernst-Happel-Stadion will remain awash with red and white for Saturday's second quarter-final, it will be Croatia and Turkey fans wearing the shirts.

Oranje support

The Swiss may be famed for their neutrality but a fair proportion have now switched allegiance to the Netherlands – 22 per cent according to a poll in three Swiss newspapers, which has Portugal in second on 15 per cent. In the French-speaking part of the country where the majority of the 174,000-strong Portuguese community lives, Luiz Felipe Scolari's side are supported by 24 per cent of the 500 people polled, with the Netherlands in second on 16 per cent. While roughly a third of the Swiss-Italians polled want Italy to win, just under one in ten Swiss-French are supporting France, with eight per cent of Swiss-Germans backing Joachim Löw's side.

Dutch on top
    Austria, meanwhile, is united in its wish to see rivals Germany knocked out at the first opportunity. Twenty-four per cent of people polled by Ö3 radio station are pinning their hopes on Portugal, though the Netherlands come out on top with 36 per cent. Fans in both countries have clearly warmed to the free-flowing attacking football played by Marco van Basten's side, whose supporters have turned Berne and now Zurich orange on matchdays.

'Super football'
    Of course, every fan has their own reason for picking a side. Aline from Froch, near Basel, will be supporting Portugal against Germany because she believes they "have the most handsome men in their team", while Karl from St Gallen favours the Netherlands because "they have the best fans by far". Marie-José, another Switzerland supporter, will also now be cheering on Portugal "because they play super football".

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/news/kind=1/newsid=721686.html

18. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Spot of luck for Dutch supporters

[​IMG]

Three wins, nine goals, tens of thousands of partying fans. The Netherlands bade farewell to Berne's Stade de Suisse last night and took the centre spot with them.

Victories
    As top seeds in Group C, Marco van Basten's men were able to play all three group games in the Swiss federal capital and they made it a home from home. Their orange-clad supporters, in particular, proved a hit both inside the stadium – as the team defeated Italy 3-0, France 4-1 and Romania 2-0 – and outside, where as many as 150,000 fans, more than the regular population of Berne, flocked to follow the action on big screens.

Souvenir
    The Netherlands now travel to Basel for Saturday's quarter-final against Sweden or Russia – though not before taking a small corner of Berne with them. The Oranje supporters' club secured a souvenir of the Stade de Suisse, with chairman Lloyd Vandenberg explaining: "The people of Berne wanted to thank us, so the centre spot has been removed from the stadium and put in a glass case. A very nice memento. It is from there that the Oranje scored all their goals."

Training
    The players, meanwhile, are looking forward to the weekend even though they will only know their opponents after Sweden play Russia in Innsbruck tonight. At their Lausanne Stade Olympique de la Pontaise base, the starting XI against Romania last night did running and stretching exercises, while the others, including most of the usual lineup, played a small practice match. Defender Khalid Boulahrouz, one of just two players to have started all three Netherlands games in Berne alongside midfielder Orlando Engelaar, left earlier than the rest by car. According to the Royal Netherlands Football Association, this was because of "family circumstances".

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/news/kind=1/newsid=721686.html

19. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Where did you find that info?

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL...why the hate?? LOL

21. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    We play "super football"?...

22. Gaboo

Gaboo Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Singapore
    Club:
    Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ^pretty impressive!^

23. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just voted for Russia. All they need is another 1,105 votes and they will overtake Croatia in this poll. :rolleyes:

Are those pics from the Ivrea orange throwing festival?