Best ever game you've seen Italy play?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Fabio Grosso 2006, Jul 16, 2013.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're attacking me based on your reading deficiency. I encourage you to read a book and expand your mind you cretin

[​IMG]

2. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That 2006 game wasn't even they best game we ever played against Germany. 1982 is definitely #1 and 1970 was the best single game of all time at a world cup. But I agree with the Professor.

indestructible repped this.
  3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ArtemioD is an intelligent poster

4. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Being alive for certain games was a criteria for inclusion lol.

La Magica and Shen-O repped this.
  5. Shen-O

Shen-O Guest

I think of the 2006 win over Germany before the World Cup as well. Saw it live in Rome [visiting to see Roma-Inter that weekend]. Didn't expect a 4-0 rout.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  6. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is that not you, you illiterate fool? Does that statement not say that you feel that Italy's best game was against Sweden in 2004?

Are you illiterate, uneducated and/or incapable of remembering what you wrote?

Most likely all three.

Before you call someone a 'retard' and other terms, reread your bullshit (I use that term accurately here).

Furthermore, you Calcio Clown, your opinion shows how laughable your views are. Sweden is not a first rate side, nor were they favorites. Therefore, using common sense, it would be likely Italy could play 'brilliantly' against them. If your opponent isn't up to your level, of course your game should shine. Doesn't take a professor, or a clown, to tell us that.

So no, it wasn't over my or anyone's head. It's just that your opinion, though you are entitled to it, is laughable. It's like me saying Italy's best game was against Ukraine in 06....just plain dumb.

Don't act all high and mighty on a message board and call other people names - it's uncalled for. You're not that bright and you are far from being a 'professor' of calcio.

Show some class and..
    [​IMG]

Parcae and LToni repped this.
  7. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A poster with some intelligence and class.

8. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sweden didn't even make it out of the quarterfinals in Euro 2004...knocked out in round of 16 against Senegal in 2002 World Cup, and in the round of 16 in 2006 World Cup. Hardly a team or a Sweden generation worth remembering. 1982 Brazil and 2006 Germany are on a whole different level.

LToni repped this.
  9. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Calcio Clown even claimed that Diamanti is better than C.Ronaldo. Lol What a fool.

10. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hey can we stop with the name calling. The absence of Davide has already made this board less interesting. I wouldn't want more people leaving. This comment is for everyone.

Parcae repped this.
  11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Really I shouldn't be engaging shit posters like you who I consider beneath me in every sense. I can easily say "go back and read my posts" but since you do not possess the mental capacity for such a task, i'll summarize it here.

If you read this :

I'm not considering the opponent. Or course a win vs. Germany and Brazil is more impressive than beating Sweden. But I guess my point has gone over some of your heads. In no way did we outplay and dominate either Brazil or Germany in both those world cups. WE PLAYED GREAT and won vs. two heavyweight teams. What i'm saying is that at a major, the first half vs. Sweden is a game where we looked like an unbeatable side. I cannot remember Italy completely wiping their ass with a side at a major tournament in my lifetime.

Show me another game in the last 20 years at a major tournament where we played that dominant for 45 minutes. I`m talking about dominating, possession, scoring chances etc. Playing champagne football. I`ll be waiting. We were better than Germany in 06`. I never questioned that. But did we play them off the park completely? No and that's my point. You may think that Sweden were a shit side, but considering who our coach was and his usual approach, that was amazing to see.

The fact that you`re taking me to task for something I explained clearly can only mean that you lack reading comprehension and for that I cannot help you.

A good day to you sir!

ArtemioD repped this.
  12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You know they say that a failure to pick up sarcasm is a sign of low intelligence?

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  13. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree with the Sweden nomination. Anyone that watches Italy's qualifying games will know that just playing weak opposition doesn't mean Italy will play scintillating football. Seeing Italy play exciting/dominating football is quite rare.

14. Parcae

Parcae Member

Nov 3, 2013
    *Tries desperately to change the subject*

So, about that Netherlands 2000 game. I don't get why people are nominating it. Yes, Italy played some brilliant defensive football ... but Zambrotta also got himself double yellow carded because he couldn't keep up with the Dutch pace, and the Netherlands would have won if they hadn't choked more than I have ever seen a team choke.

15. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yep. I really enjoyed the match but was kind of embarrassed how much we got dominated. The euro match vs England (2012) reminded me of it in reverse.

16. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Congratulations on earning yourself a new nick name, it really suits you, all you need now is a red ball on your nose.

17. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

The 1982 Brazil team being considered one of the best teams that have ever grazed a pitch, I would have to include this one:

But I have always been a huge Rossi fan.

jerrito repped this.
  18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So you liked his match fixing style, leading to the natural progression of supporting Juve?

19. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not taking quality of opposition into the equation. The name of this thread is the best you ever saw Italy play and I concur with the Professor. Neither before nor since have I ever seen Italy play attacking fantasy football like they did in that game against Sweden. That team should have won that tournament and man for man they were better than the 2006 team. The difference was Lippi.

20. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's where you lose all credibility. How can you ignore the quality of your opposition? it's a fundamental reason for your performance.

Both of you don't seem to grasp that concept. And then claim other posters don't understand...ironic.

21. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On a slightly unrelated note, how that 2004 team did not advance is incredible. One of the best Azzurri sides I've seen, really the glory years from a talent standpoint. Sad to see Trap stuck in his old ways..

jerrito repped this.
  22. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Considering how much cheating Roma did this season and still managed to win nothing as usual I would be quiet if I was one of their supporters. Cheers to another decade of losing for Roma.

23. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Because Germany are Italy's whipping boys. Brazil on the other hand are our real rivals.

24. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So 06 Germany, at home, weren't a world class side?

Ok...

25. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Germany hasn't been relevant for 18 years soon to be 20.