Best DC Player

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by GAranger654, Sep 26, 2003.

1. GAranger654

GAranger654 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 24, 2003
    GA
  2. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Where's Convey?

Where's Ivanov?

Are we talking about just last night's game in the Swamp or are we talking Best in general?

I vote for Convey, or this cycle's John O'Brien as I like to call him.

3. GAranger654

GAranger654 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 24, 2003
    GA
    my bad about convey! i did this poll in a hurry and i completely forgot about him!

4. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Ben is da man

I gotta go with Ben....he has really stepped up this season...back on form...and whipping em in there for the forwards...bravo

5. RFK 315

RFK 315 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    ...lurking...
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gotta do with Dema

a lot of players have stepped up this season, some, in the second half, like Benny and Earnie, but Dema is one guy whos been doin it all over the field, O and D, all season long...
    big props to The Crusher

6. RFK 315

RFK 315 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    ...lurking...
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its still gotta be Dema

still don't see Ivanov, but he doesn't belong in the Poll IMHO anyway. I'm thrilled to see Earnie finally working out, paired with Cerritos, but he was MIA for the first half of the season. Bobby has potential, but he missed most of the season, and cant be considered either. Marco still has flashes of brilliance, but his best days are behind him, ditto for Hristo- who has been great to watch on occasion. Benny has been solid, and scoring as of late which is fantastic, but its gotta be Dema - a forward-minded mid, asked to play Defense and getting it done both ways

7. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should be a pretty even result. We are not Colorado, San Jose, or Chicago, where they have players that are head and shoulders above the rest of the team. DC has a consistent talent level all across the team; they just haven't all been at their best at the same time. At different points in the season, different players have been standing out or struggling.

For a while, Nelson seemed to carry this team on his back, and before Convey went to play for the USMNT, he was performing well. Olsen has been getting better and better, and Dema was good out of the gate, and has been working hard all year. We all know about Earnie. He just didn't fit in until Cerritos showed up, but yesterday he looked like Etch did in '98 with defensive work thrown in as a bonus. Petke has been solid all year, as has Brandon. Q2 has shown well when he is able to play. You see what I mean?

Of course, Nicky has only had maybe 2 or 3 mistakes all year, so I went with him, but it would be hard to pick one field player. I would probably pick a different one after every game.

Go to the season grades thread and see how close the grades are. That gives you an indication that picking an MVP for DCU will not be easy this year.

8. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    IT'S NELLIE! It's only a matter of time before some European team comes knocking on the door and he crosses the pond. It has to be Nellie.

9. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    exactly

No contest, Nellie. No one else worth a mention for MVP, his will has carried the team this year.

10. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Can someone red card this retard? He even forgot the poll. Go back to trolling the KC boards... PFC Sad Sack.

11. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... mod's note ...

I removed the poll when I merged his threads.

12. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ah... Thanks Knave. Now can we red card him? I promise I will be your best friend :D

13. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Like that's an incentive. ;)

14. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ok...

How about cash or check? :D

15. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    So far it's got to be Dema. But this could change:

1) Ben keeps putting in goals
    2) Cerritos goes on a tear
    3) Landon Donovan scores a Golden OWN Goal for us in the championship match

16. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    if you lived out here it would be. owen is the barra "quartermaster". he secures, transports and taps the keg for the tailgate. being his friend can really pay off in such things ;)

17. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Is the CSC aware of this?

You think they would treat him a little better.

I wonder if they will be able to see him in the haze on Sunday afternoon? ;)

18. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Sweet!

Then Ben can do the Gatorade thing again! :D

19. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep hearing off-side comments about Ben and Gatorade - can anyone fill me in?