Best Commercial Ever?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by cliffkram, Oct 22, 2003.

1. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    I'm speaking of the one I caught when i flipped thru the US Women's game tonite...2 guys kicking around a ball in between 2 elevators (couldnt tell if they were ManU or US Men), but they get everyone in the hotel annoyed, finally after about 30 floors you see Timmy jump in front of the elevator and stop the shot. I think it's for Nike.

Best commercial ever...at least best one on now

2. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's Man U :)

o cool another staten islander :) what part?

3. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    yeah i thought it was Man U, i think Ruud is one of the guys.

Arden Heights (south shore...the greasy shore)

4. mls0soccer0nmu

mls0soccer0nmu New Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Burke, VA
    It was Ruud and Rio Ferdinand both on Man U. It's a great commerical.

5. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    Cool Nike commericals . . .

The Nike commerical with Howard is nice, but this site has some Nike soccer commericals that are much better: http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/tape/zine.jsp

Go to the top left corner of that site. You will see about 6-8 floating pictures. Each one is a Nike soccer commerical. Click on one at a time and wait until that one is over before clicking on the next one.

My favorite funny ones: 1.) The nutmeg commerical, 2.) The sister's giggling-doll commercial and 3.) The Edgar Davis - Basketball commerical.

The best skilled-commercial is the one with the stepovers (even someone doing backward stepovers!).

I wish they showed these commericals in the U.S. They are so cool, that they'd put soccer in a good light.

6. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I've seen almost all of them on TV, on basic cable, and they are great.

7. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    live right near the sout shore country club off hugenot ave :)

and yea the commercials are great lol

8. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    The print ads in Eurosport are pretty funny.

The latest one about cheerleaders has probably been the best.

9. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Those were all good commercials, especially the Edgar DAVIDS one, but the best I have ever seen were the brazilian nat'l team in the airport and the one with world stars taking on the devil and his minions. It is cool and funny.

10. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not even close. I prefer all of the other Nike soccer commercials better. I have seen them on ESPN2 and FSW.

Actually, my favorite isn't even a Nike commercial. I think it's a Good Guy's/Circuit City commercial. It's the one where the guy is in his apartment watching a game and everywhere he goes kitchen, bathroom, etc. has a TV so he never missed the game. All of a sudden it goes to him standing in front of a bunch of televisions. He had been day dreaming and someone had changed the channel. When the women changes the televisions back, a goal is scored and he lifts his arms up while yelling "Goallllllllllll".

11. JCUnited

JCUnited Member

Oct 7, 2002
    South Bend, IN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Check out Fox Sports World during any Premier League or MLS game and you'll see at least two of the commercials, if not more.

FSW: America's Soccer Channel!

12. mik_smith

mik_smith New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    London
    1) The Nike ad with Brazil ca. 1997(?) dribling through an airport before eventually disturbing Eric Cantona having coffee. IIRC it was John Woo directing...

2) Harkes breaking into the White House ca. 1996

13. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

They need to do an Adu remake of that.

14. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    Two more cool Nike soccer commericals

Okay, I found two more. Click on the below-copied link, and look on the bottom right of the page where it says "downloads". Then click on "ads". You actually don't have to download anything. You can click on "view" instead. Make sure you click on the 60-second versions, not the shorter, 30-second takes.

The "stickman" commercial is about a caricature mixing it up with some really good jugglers. Near the end, Ronaldhino shows up and shows-off some good juggling skills himself.

In the "magia" commercial, they intertwine a bunch of really good street soccer & beach soccer games with games by Brazil and another with Boca Juniors. Great Brazilian samba beat!

Tell me what you think of these two, and whether they show these on U.S. tv also.

http://nikefootball.nike.com/nikefootball/front/front.jsp?feature=&language=9&languageTxt=us

15. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    My favorite is the one that wasn't in the past issue but the one before. It had the part about dribbling a ball everywhere you go and nutmegging a nurse in the doctor's waiting room. That was absolute class.